Thanks John

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
A recent thread in the General Forum talks about trust when accepting a load. Many Load 1 owners and drivers spoke up explaining how and why they trust Load 1 to have their back when it comes to the revenue on loads. Other posters either understood our reasons or they didn't, but the one thing that did come through is that Load 1 drivers are a community that looks out for each other. While Load 1 as a company is composed of outstanding, knowledgeable, and caring individuals, the man responsible for pulling all this together is John Elliott. I think it's high time we thank him.

I suggest that we use this thread as our personal thank you card to John for whatever you want to thank him for. Whether it be the new shower and laundry room, the new lounge, or something personal. I know John will appreciate it.

Many of you know me either by meeting in person or by phone conversations. You also know that I am recovering from back surgery. What many of you may not know is that this is the second surgery for the same injury. Oddly enough, the two are exactly one year apart. My "Thank You" to John stems from that and what he did last evening.

John knows I'm restricted to the first floor of our house for the next 4 weeks. I emailed him a couple of times today saying hello, what's up that kind of thing. He always answers. He told me he was "catching up" so I knew he was busy.

Last evening at 1830, John calls to see how I am. He is still in the office working, yet he takes the time to call saying he felt guilty that he hadn't called before this. We talked for about 15 minutes and he patiently listens while I rambled on about nothing of any importance. It picked my spirits right up. When Shirley got home, I told her he called and I just got this blank stare. She finally asked why would John call, and for God's sake why would he feel guilty? Why indeed. That's John Elliott.

So, thanks John. Thanks for caring. Thanks for our first of many years at Load 1 and all the help everyone has given us. It is my honor and privilege to call you my friend.

Steve

fortwayne

Not a Member
I agree. Its not something he does for a select few, its everybody and its not just business its the care he has for the personal side of peoples lifes.
He has provided me the opening to expand by business and improve myself personally, for that I will always be thankful, not as much to Load 1, but to John personally.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

TonyG

Seasoned Expediter
We agree with everything already posted and then some :p

The main thing we noticed after the first few weeks with Load 1 was that the stress factor had left us.
We did not realize how much stress we had been under with our previous carrier.

Thank you John for a great Company with Great Staff looking after us and everything else that you do for us.

The Nobel Great Prize is on its way to you :D:D

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
We agree whole heartedly! As we stated in the other thread the stress level has been almost deleted since making the move to Load1.

We were given an opportunity that I am sure most don't when we came to Load1 and for that we will be always greatful.
Our first day, which was the end of the second day of Orientation, we met John. He introduced himself, upon realizing we were new there he walked us around the facility personally. He then also recalled who we were by our EO name. He is a man of great character! We are proud to be part of his team.
In our walk through of the facility John made the statement that he was an Easter and Christmas Catholic. I can relate very well, although I do try to go more often. This profession makes it hard to not be an Easter & Christmas Catholic John. But your attention to people and their needs comes through loud and clear. You live your faith in your daily life and it shows. (You may not even realize it). Again proud to be affiliated with you, John.
Tracy and Laura Gomoll

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
"How do I Love Thee? Let me count the ways.." wait... thats suppose to be in the PM to my wife not here...Oh well the gas tank is full in Okie City, so I'll fix it later....;)

MR.SNAPPY

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have said this before and will say it again. John and Load 1 has made Expediting fun again..And profitable !!!!

MANIAC

Seasoned Expediter
I said it once, i say it again! Other carriers would greatly reduce their turnover if they followed in johns shoes! We have been in the biz for 4 years and we have never been treated better anywhere else! And we had a record week last week in 4 years! The only gripe we have is when do we get to hand wombat off to the next newbies?lol! Love ya petey!lol

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
yep i will added my wombat views on this one driven for a couple of different carriers in all my years here in the usa as well back HOME & like the name load 1 yes we are load number 1 in my books yep i am loud and some folks do not understand my aussie ways i guess you can take the boy out of the outback but not the outback out of the boy but yes john your tops in my books & the folks you got working for you are tops as well from the folks upstairs down to the girls in settlement and in the workshop , safety , and it is you john with everything you have done and i guess will keep on doing & i thankyou from the bottom of my heart for giving me a home as i feel everytime i drive into the yard ..
thanks john

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I could write a book but ill stick with this.

John thanks for making us a family and not just another expedite company!

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC123 via EO Forums

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
We have a great team of people here. From our drivers, contractors, dispatch, and our admin staff, I am lucky to lead such a great group of individuals. Thank you!

MANIAC

Seasoned Expediter
John, seeing that we are a family and all, do we have the ok to kick a relitives a@#?lol, got a couple in mind!