ta expedite king rewards......

guido4475

Not a Member
You SELL those showers!! I had guys offer me $5 from time to time to buy any showers i might have on my "J" card... I take their money, use the card get the shower and give then the ticket with the door code...

One other thing to think about especially for van drivers, and it has been mentioned here a few times, buy a "Y" or Gym menbership that is part of a nationwide asso. Most cost about $40 a month(my "Y" membership is deducted from my business account each month) Workout, sit in the sauna, swim, shoot some hoop and shower.....most of the suburban "Y" have parking large enough for TT so St T isn't a problem, and vans can park anywhere..

Alot of Gyms are now in large shopping centers so parking shouldn't be an issue at them.....I know several people here use the Gyms...
Okay, this YMCA thing- do I need to dress as one of the villiage people upon entering, with the song ymca playing in the background?

Sorry, I just couldnt resist.lol.

fletch33

Seasoned Expediter
I received my new expeditors t/a roadking card today, and I thought it would say something on hte card about being an expeditor or something like that.But it is a plain old t/a roadking card.So how are they to know when we redeem points, showers,etc, that we are in a van?

this is a new program and they have an Expedite King card. you need to call the number on the back to get them to send you an Expedite king card. you will not have to do this very soon but it is temporary.

also even though it is a Road King card you are signed up as an Expedite King member and are getting the Expedite King rewards as the system doesn't care what card you have but knows that your registration number is for the Expedite King.

Call them and have them update your card.

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
I like CharlesD's idea of gym membership, especially for vans who can get to them easily w/o worrying about HOS. You spend 45-60 bucks for a membership, but you can use it anywhere, and take your shower at the gym. Nice.

fletch33

Seasoned Expediter
i guess i should have introduced myself as well.

i handle the sales here at ExpeditersOnline.com

TA worked very hard in putting together a program that would meet the expediters needs and they will be seeing these posts or at least i will and reporting back to them.

thanks for all the information so far.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I just called and had them roll over my Road King card to the Expedite King card. They will be sending me a new card, which is silly, but my old one probably needs to be replaced, anyway. One thing to be aware of is that Expedite King showers expire after 3 days, instead of the 7 days like on a regular Road King card. Other than that, they're the same.

Also, when getting gas, since you won't be swiping your card at the pump, you will need to present the gas receipt to the fuel desk when redeeming showers. The card must be swiped at the sit-down or fast-food restaurant in order to get the $10 food purchase entry onto the card.

When getting diesel, your card will be swiped when you get fuel, and when you eat, so the shower credit should be automatic after being swiped for both transactions.

Layout: There doesn't really seem to be any benefit for ST signing up for it unless you routinely buy less than 50 gallons of fuel. If you normally buy more than 50 gallons, then you don't need the benefits of the Expedite King card, and in fact may prefer the 7 day showers to the 3 days showers of the Expedite King program.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
"TA locations offer layover parking to expedite drivers on a first come first serve basis. Expedite Driver′s should advise the store or fuel general manager of the length of the driver′s layover. The store or fuel general manager will identify the best parking area for the driver′s cargo van or sprinter truck on the location."

Expedite King - Expediter Driver Rewards Club

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Not to get away from your special lil expedite king cards but,,

Are Aux fuel tanks not an easy answer for you folks?
I have met a couple that had a tank installed in the area of the wheel wells on one side,,It fit on and over both sides,,,they stated that area was wasted space anyways for the most part..
It was a custom built tank for them but they say it allowed em to buy extra when price was right and it got them tru the shower issues...
Not sure if this would be issues for your carriers or not??? Safety issues??? Never even thought to ask em bout that..

Membership in a gym is also good Idea.

guido4475

Not a Member
The idea with an aux fuel tank does sound like a good idea, but from what I am thinking is vans are so limited on weight-hauling capacity now.I have turned the space on the sides into storage.I ran a 12" high x 8ft long sheet of steel welded to the floor on both sides inside the van as well as the front to act as a guide for skids going in and or out of the van, as not to get caught on the wheelwells.so the space in-between is good storage.On a cheaper note, there is always an option of carrying a 12ft garden hose and using a water outlet to take a quick shower, like in the old days.I have taken a cold shower like that in the back of my box many times.Any shower is better than no shower.Coat the wood floor with polyurethane and it wont hurt the wood, and it is not slippery, either.I know, sounds a little weird.But it works.