ta expedite king rewards......

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
thats all nice and fuzzy if you happen to be a diesel user BUT

when is a ts chain going to acknowledge that a lot of frt moves in gas vans?
when will one of them realize that 30 gal minimum is unreasonable in any van?

ta and pilot refuse to acknowledge their cards for gas purchases. the j franchises seem to have different rules from location to location for shower requirements. it has gotten to the point where i will pay for a shower then maybe watch tv, surf the net and spend no other money at a ts since they refuse to cater to gas vans.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
aw but Jack GAS vans are but a small fish in a big ocean to a big corporation....just how many gas vans in expedite? 1,000?

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
my guess is more than sprinters.

if the idea is to draw in the expediter crowd then include everyone.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
my guess is more than sprinters.

if the idea is to draw in the expediter crowd then include everyone.

All I can say is all you gassers keep calling and e-mailing them. Maybe someone will wake -up what market share they are losing....

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
thats all nice and fuzzy if you happen to be a diesel user BUT

when is a ts chain going to acknowledge that a lot of frt moves in gas vans?
when will one of them realize that 30 gal minimum is unreasonable in any van?

ta and pilot refuse to acknowledge their cards for gas purchases. the j franchises seem to have different rules from location to location for shower requirements. it has gotten to the point where i will pay for a shower then maybe watch tv, surf the net and spend no other money at a ts since they refuse to cater to gas vans.

Jack,

Woooow. Hang on. Hold the phone.....I read the information site and this is what it says:

Shower Awards
Showers can be earned with the purchase of 50 gallons or more of Diesel Fuel or Shop Purchases of $50 or more for Shop Services or an individual purchase of 20 gallons or more of diesel fuel or gas AND a $10 purchase of food in the full service or quick service restaurant at a TA location in a 24 hour period.

Only one shower credit per 24 hour period will be awarded. You may accumulate a maximum of 10 shower credits on your Expedite King Card at any one time. Each shower credit expires 3 days from the at of the qualifying purchase.

So gasoline does count toward Shower Awards. :D KEWL!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thats still rough....20 gallons AND $10.00 for food...within 24 hours....
I wonder...say you are on a longer load fill up and get 20G's and then say 12 hours later fill up and get 30 G's...total 50 G's within 24 hours...wonder if they'd give you a shower....?

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
There is another way to look at this problem. I believe the showers are $10.00 bucks so instead of buying food at the TS when you have so many other choices just buy the shower.

I agree with OVM write often to the corporation headquarters. Call and find out where you need to send emails to. Your gas should accumulate just like our diesel does.

The truck stops are also hurting right now and I believe they are listening to our needs better then they every have.

I would think also that every time you do buy something have them swipe your card so you can at least get the points. In time your points do add up to where you can get a shower for free.

60MPH

Expert Expediter
Your right Team C I know the one TA that I go to alot is 10.00 for a shower "Portsmouth NH" I do not eat in there restaurant thou, I don't care for the Buckhorn style ones. But if I can buy goodies from the C-store then That will be just fine I am spending 30-40 dollars a week to get a shower there now because it is the only one around up here. By the way I wanted to let everyone know that these showers at this TA are F.M.A "Fat Man Approved" they are very clean and very roomy this comes from a fat guy - ME. imho they are worth the 10.00:D

Reactions: 1 person

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
I get free showers all the time that i never use, too bad i can't pass em on. Guess I could go around the TS asking "Would you like a free shower" That would be weird though LOL :D

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
You SELL those showers!! I had guys offer me $5 from time to time to buy any showers i might have on my "J" card... I take their money, use the card get the shower and give then the ticket with the door code...

One other thing to think about especially for van drivers, and it has been mentioned here a few times, buy a "Y" or Gym menbership that is part of a nationwide asso. Most cost about $40 a month(my "Y" membership is deducted from my business account each month) Workout, sit in the sauna, swim, shoot some hoop and shower.....most of the suburban "Y" have parking large enough for TT so St T isn't a problem, and vans can park anywhere..

Alot of Gyms are now in large shopping centers so parking shouldn't be an issue at them.....I know several people here use the Gyms...

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Mrs. Layoutshooter and I were getting ready to buy showers the other day when the FedEx Ground driver told the desk clerk to take 2 off of his card. He said he is home most every night and never uses the showers he earned.

DougTravels

Not a Member
I usually don't have a problem since my truck is deisel.

The few times I haven't had one on my card, I have never struck out by going into the TV room and asking "does any1 have an extra shower they aren't going to use?"

Alot of drivers accumulate more than they use.

guido4475

Not a Member
The problem I used to have when I ran my straight truck was that it has a 400 gallon capacity for fuel. So obviously I did'nt fill up too often. But I am one of those people who believes in taking a shower everyday, no matter how hot the freight is.Now I guess I'll be paying for showers.I received my new expeditors t/a roadking card today, and I thought it would say something on hte card about being an expeditor or something like that.But it is a plain old t/a roadking card.So how are they to know when we redeem points, showers,etc, that we are in a van?

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I went ahead and applied for the card but will still use fj whenever possible for fuel.. I might get a sit down meal once every couple weeks. I would much rather see them give us a half credit for gas or diesel of 20 gals. like fj than this nutty 20 gl plus 10 food rule. Or if they would let the fuel accumulate would be cool too. I will be writing them, maybe I should throw up a petition website and pass the petition on too ta and pilot when it is big enough to make an impact.

I would guess there are way more than 1,000 expedite vans out there. The big companies would add up to more than that then start counting all the small ones in every city and I would not be surprised if you could have several thousand vans.