T & K Nationwide Trucking

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am amazed a few more O/O's don't file a small claims against any carrier that does not pay...
Don't need a lawyer for that....get a court date, get a judgement, If they still don't pay you....hand it over to a collection agency for a % of the bill they collect...all this will effect that carriers credit ratings....and probably the bank they deal with will cut their line of credit and eventually put them out of business all legal like....we all are suppose to be, besides a driver, a businessman/woman...act like one...ya don't cry and whine and stomp your feet on a darned web site....DO something about it!!

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
A friend of mine drove for T and K, I will call him and see what he says, but it wasn't good then and that was before 2011. IMHO, don't work for T/K. The last driver for them I talked to was the fall of 2009 and he looked malnurished, no kidding, maybe from slow pay.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Well I guess I am not sure of motives but the facts appear to be true.

whitewolf

Seasoned Expediter
Re: Putting on a van

I am acually apalled at the answer I received from a carrier I am at.No.I cant put a van on,because of a freeze,and I am not a previous owner. I guess if I was a orevious owner not a problem. I have a friend that just added another van,but I guess thats ok.I have 3 yrs exp here,thats why I need a new home for my van. :confused:
T&K are ok.. if you are looking for miles

GenaTrac

Seasoned Expediter
I had 5 sprinters leased to them. They owe us $1600.00 for 90 days now. Does that help you make a decision about them ?

Mike99

Veteran Expediter
I had 5 sprinters leased to them. They owe us $1600.00 for 90 days now. Does that help you make a decision about them ?

1600 for 5 vans is not to bad...$300 per van. LRT still own me 6000. Money that I never see. At least you will see your 1600...

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
1600 for 5 vans is not to bad...$300 per van. LRT still own me 6000. Money that I never see. At least you will see your 1600...

$6000?? Did you try and collect? Thats alot of money to just chalk up as a "loss" or "learning experience"....
Where is the owner now? Have you heard anything from other drivers? Over
1000 dollars is criminal negligence..but 6000...thats a felony..in my opinion

Sent from my Milestone X2 using EO Forums

Last edited:

Mike99

Veteran Expediter
$6000?? Did you try and collect? Thats alot of money to just chalk up as a "loss" or "learning experience"....
Where is the owner now? Have you heard anything from other drivers? Over
1000 dollars is criminal negligence..but 6000...thats a felony..in my opinion

Try to collect ? How?He is broke. And nobody know where he is. John Petrus is his name. I'm in Atl ,he is in OH.

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Man, that's a lot.... I wouldn't let him go with my money, even if I have to go the president for that.
I had my own co. but it never crossed my mind to screw my drivers, even if an evil guy from the factoring told me to do so if things go bad...

Sent from my SCH-M828C using EO Forums

Mike99

Veteran Expediter
Man, that's a lot.... I wouldn't let him go with my money, even if I have to go the president for that.
I had my own co. but it never crossed my mind to screw my drivers, even if an evil guy from the factoring told me to do so if things go bad...

Because you an honest person. Unfortunately not everybody is like us. I paid the drivers from my pocket even I did not receive the money from the carrier.Do you have work fork for vans? If yes ,send me please a PM. Thanks

guido4475

Not a Member

Because you an honest person. Unfortunately not everybody is like us. I paid the drivers from my pocket even I did not receive the money from the carrier.Do you have work fork for vans? If yes ,send me please a PM. Thanks

You paying you're drivers out of you're own pocket will give you the honesty and respect that you deserve from other drivers.Hats off to you! I hope it works out for you and you stay the course.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I just had to pay out a few loads that I have not been paid for yet. It's all a part of running a business. I can afford to do that because I don't spend any money other than to buy me a pizza here and there. I am the po-boy ceo over here. lol.

Here is how the carrier food chain goes. Drivers get paid first, External Carriers second, Company bills third, and then the owners get paid! If you follow those rules you should never be in a position where your drivers do not get paid!

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
I just had to pay out a few loads that I have not been paid for yet. It's all a part of running a business. I can afford to do that because I don't spend any money other than to buy me a pizza here and there. I am the po-boy ceo over here. lol.

Here is how the carrier food chain goes. Drivers get paid first, External Carriers second, Company bills third, and then the owners get paid! If you follow those rules you should never be in a position where your drivers do not get paid!

Good Grief Charlie Brown,,,,we cannot have an honest owner in here! How did that happen? lol................u go Bliz,,,,,,,,,,,,good job, be careful,everyone will want to work for you if you're honest.....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamen.

peterh

Seasoned Expediter
yeah I would give it to the Independent Operator and hold mine for another load. There is rarely a time my 3 units are in the same area of any others unless there in laredo. I have 3 units that I own in case your interested. You are a cheerleader i see. grow a pair please and talk about your company. You know nothing about me.

truk6264

Seasoned Expediter
I am amazed a few more O/O's don't file a small claims against any carrier that does not pay...
Don't need a lawyer for that....get a court date, get a judgement, If they still don't pay you....hand it over to a collection agency for a % of the bill they collect...all this will effect that carriers credit ratings....and probably the bank they deal with will cut their line of credit and eventually put them out of business all legal like....we all are suppose to be, besides a driver, a businessman/woman...act like one...ya don't cry and whine and stomp your feet on a darned web site....DO something about it!!

Well, I'm glad you brought this up. But in order to file that claim you have to appear at the courthouse in the county where the business is and file in person. That means you have drive there or maybe wait for a load to get there and them take yourself out of service while you're doing all that. a lot of people don't have the luxury of spending that much time trying to recover money that they've already earned once.They need to be running for somebody that actually pays. Then you find out after that that just because the judgement comes down in your favor doesn't mean the court will force them to pay you. You evidently have to take the law into your own hands and go vigilante mode to "steal" something to hold for collateral so they have to pay you in order to get it back. That is if you don't end up in jail trying to do this. I haven't heard of anyone trying the collection agency. But it did cross my mind to look into it. Do you know of any o/o's or small carriers who have done this? If you do I would like to find out if it worked so I can try it also. The reason people are here whining and stomping their feet is so they can either learn what to do or save other people from getting hurt.

Last edited:

truk6264

Seasoned Expediter
Does anyone have any leads to a lawyer who has been involved with o/o contractor's suing T & K? I've heard they are in bankruptcy proceedings but not sure which chapter. I cannot find a lawyer that is interested in representing me to get paid for my loads. The total amount owed is $11,200.00. I had 5 year trusting business relationship with them and always had gotten paid even if it was late sometimes. Of course they always assured me everyone will get paid. I took my last load for them in April 2013 just to get home from Florida to Michigan. Hoping I might get paid for it. I really became concerned when they stopped answering my emails and always routed me to Michelle's voice mail which was always ignored too. I filed on their broker bond shortly after their correspondence ceased. But the broker bond company seems to have very little interest in their obligation to pay me too. Any information would be appreciated. Names of attorney's, other 0/0's, other collection methods, and bankruptcy information.

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
I would think for $11,000 you would find the where the Bankruptcy was filed. Then you should be able to see who the Trustee is that the Court has assigned it to. I believe when you file for Bankruptcy that your required to list everyone you owe money to.
OR they could be like GM and have the Government screw who ever they choose so they can stay in business.:confused:

truk6264

Seasoned Expediter
We do not run from anybody and always pay our bills. Driver settments may go out late but they all get paid. Not one person ever has been burned by my company and no contractor ever will.
quote by peterh

Interesting to note. I have settlements totalling $11,200.00 that haven't been paid. Some of which are way over a year old.I had a 5 year trusting business relationship with you guys and I never thought I would have been jilted for so much money. I heard that you're filing bankruptcy and you don't call that running? Us low-lives out here camping in Walmart parking lots and truckstops in all types of extreme weather and isolation from family and friends are who paid for your 3 houses and all you lavish extravagant toys to go along with them! The real low lives here are the Ponzi schemers like you that use our wonderful justice system to rip-off honest hard-working people and then hide under the shelter of bankruptcy and never have to pay the people they owe money to. And then start up another business and do it all over again. All legally. By the way if you hadn't had yourselves so over-extended with buying all that extravagance and planned for possible slack times in the business you would've been able to keep everyone paid. It's all about ethics and responsibility. Something you high-lives know nothing about.

Last edited:

truk6264

Seasoned Expediter
Re: T & K Nationwide Trucking
I would think for $11,000 you would find the where the Bankruptcy was filed. Then you should be able to see who the Trustee is that the Court has assigned it to. I believe when you file for Bankruptcy that your required to list everyone you owe money to.
OR they could be like GM and have the Government screw who ever they choose so they can stay in business.

I wouldn't know where to start with finding that out. Is that information available online? Will County bankruptcy records? As far as listing everyone that you owe money to that sounds like the honor system....Which I don't applies in the case.

Last edited: