Stranded Arrow Drivers Need Help

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Recent news reports (here and here) indicate that Tulsa based Arrow Trucking Company has suspended operations and thereby stranded hundreds of drivers on the road. Recent paychecks have bounced and fuel cards have been cut off, making it impossible for drivers to buy fuel.

I understand that the finance company that is now repossessing (seizing) Arrow's trucks will buy a bus ticket for drivers trying to get home. Getting to a bus station is another matter. Some having no money may be hungry. Drivers of Freightliner trucks have been instructed to turn their trucks in at the nearest Freightliner dealer. Some may be stranded there.

Diane and I have posted our info and offer to help those who may be stranded in the Twin Cities area. I urge Open Forum members to look into this and help as you are able.

A Facebook page was started by someone to help spread the word from people offering to help. The response is inspiring.

Last edited:

AnneM

Recruiter
Recruiter
If there are any in the Toledo area..I would be more than willing to help also.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Anyone needs help around the Detroit area feel free to drop my a private message.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If anyone needs help in the Monroe, MI - Toledo, OH area, have them get in touch with me on E.O. or drop me an email.

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
Picked One Up in Greenville S. Carolina and Dropped him Off At the Petro in Atlanta!! What a Nightmare these Guys are Facing.. This Driver told me that his Last 3 Paychecks Bounced and that The Shut Down was Kept a Secret Until Last Saturday when One of the Dispatchers Let it Slip Out!! If anyone is in The Atlanta Area and Heading Towards Alabama, Maybe you could Pick Him Up? His Description is: Name is Larry, Black Male 39 Years Old Short Black Hair Approx. 6'01 and 180-200 Pounds, Carrying a Green Duffle and a Black Small Suit Case with Wheels On it! He sold Just about everything so he could Eat But was Broke so I Gave Him $20.00 to Eat on....Hopefully Someone Out There will Be able to Get him Closer to Home! :)

greg334

Veteran Expediter
It is confusing some readers, is this an expediting company with contractors or one with employees?

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
No....they are primarily a TT flatbed company. Nothing to do with expediting that I am aware of.

Mdbtyhtr

Expert Expediter
I can cover Southern Maryland and the Northern Neck of Virginia,
Call toll free 877-574-0500 and ask for Scott MacLean

Dabus1952

Seasoned Expediter
I must say Panther is showing a lot of class.I thought the idea with toys for tots was awesom.Now to help our fellow man kind and get them home for the holidays is very big of them. I am not part of Panther nor do I contract for them,Just maybe I should look into them next year. Everyone for the most part ,who has trucks on with them seem happy. Happy holidays to all.

bobwg

Expert Expediter
Some drivers here in West Memphis say they have seen Arrow trucks being stopped at the weigh stations and Arrow drivers are told to park in back and catch ride with other companies or call someone supposedly because when Arrow closed down Tuesday the insurance and permits became no good

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It kinda sounds like Arrow was a scum bag company all along. A good company would never do this to their people, broke or not. Kinda like a company I used to work for.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Let me know if you need help in our area.Call me if needed.I am deeply touched by the outpouring of help and concern on this.Makes me proud to be an Expeditor in times like this.

I'll do it, so far its all quiet, The outpouring is just over the top,