St Paul MN truck stops

ftp000

Expert Expediter
I was talking to a driver recently about favorite truck stops, this driver said there was a really good one in the St Paul, Minni area. Well I've forgotten the name and other particulars of this place and since it was a passing conversation with somebody I don't know, there's no way to contact them. Anybody know what stop would have impressed somebody so much up there. We'll be up there in a few hours so any help would be appreciated.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
There's the TA in East Hudson, WI, just on the east side of the river, and the TA out west in Rogers, of course. There's also a Holiday Station south of town at Exit 81 on I-35 that has plenty of parking.

My favorite is the Stockmen's Truck Stop off I-494 in South St Paul at Exit 64, Hardman Avenue exit. It's famous.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
There's the TA in East Hudson, WI, just on the east side of the river, and the TA out west in Rogers, of course. There's also a Holiday Station south of town at Exit 81 on I-35 that has plenty of parking.

My favorite is the Stockmen's Truck Stop off I-494 in South St Paul at Exit 64, Hardman Avenue exit. It's famous.

I wouldn't classify them TA's as the Ritz...;)

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It's always the Ritz wherever I go. I take the Ritz with me. :D

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
"My favorite is the Stockmen's Truck Stop off I-494 in South St Paul at Exit 64, Hardman Avenue exit. It's famous."

Famous for what?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I do that every time. It's Stockman's, not Stockmen's.

It's located next to the now-defunct stockyard and slaughterhouse, so they used to just go next door for their steaks. Now, they get a loin of beef every day and hand cut the steaks from that. They're famous for their steaks. And the "Little Brother" steak and eggs breakfast that they serve round the clock. Good food, crazy waitresses, an all around good time.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I do that every time. It's Stockman's, not Stockmen's.

It's located next to the now-defunct stockyard and slaughterhouse, so they used to just go next door for their steaks. Now, they get a loin of beef every day and hand cut the steaks from that. They're famous for their steaks. And the "Little Brother" steak and eggs breakfast that they serve round the clock. Good food, crazy waitresses, an all around good time.

Thanks for the info!!

pellgrn

Expert Expediter
This ones closer to St Cloud,I'm gonna guess ex 178 or so.It's a Petro now i think,however the resturant is the same along with the deli and bakery.The place is busy so van parking is there but there may be alot of slamming doors if your trying to get some sleep.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Turtle, does Stockman's have a Freightliner down the road from it? If so, they have cramped parking and good food.

Personally, I like the Petro west of Minneapolis. Can't remember the name of the restaurant, but they have AWESOME food!!! Rice sausage with blueberry fritter toast, etc. Mmm... mouth watering just thinking about it. And you can buy the same stuff in the store to take home, or cook in the truck. Well worth the extra miles, IMO.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yeah, a Freighliner. There are two or three other dealers close by, too.

Cramped parking, that's for sure. It can sometimes be tough to find a crease to squeeze a Sprinter into. If I were in a truck I don't think I'd head over there at night to find a place to park, 'cause you probably won't. But during the day is usually not a problem.

ftp000

Expert Expediter
We're sitting in Stockmens restaurant right now waiting on my steak and eggs. Thanks for the help all.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

moose

Veteran Expediter
that's my back yard !
I go to the Stockmen's all the time .
free fuller breakfast round the clock ,with 100 gallon of diesel .
the select trucks freightliner dealer across closed it's doors 2 years ago .
the Hino/pet dealer is pretty good place for business .
the Stockman's used to be a legendary place ,well ,now they even have a gas pump ...

other T/S in the area :
the point : hwy 61 south 5 mil. @ the hwy 10 split off .good pricey food .
hwy 52 S ,'bout 5 mil. we call it the Oily ,it's next to the refinery ,swift ant I-states freightliner , have a subway restaurant ,and large parking .
there's one that's change owners all the time ,used to be even a pilot ,...twice ,in Shakoppee ,off 101 and hwy 169.
there are a few shopping area's that allow truck parking ,if anyone interested ...
but the MOA is the place to be ,whiting for a load...

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Nice Dear . Ritz...... Wow

You seriously resurrected a nearly 4 year old thread to make a snarky comment?!
I take "The Ritz" with me too, because the truck is set up exactly the way I want it, inside. If yours isn't [assuming you drive at all], it's no one's fault but yours.