Sprinter PM results

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
My tech printed me off a list of all acceptable oils..2 pages worth...for the 05/06's....

Since the advent of USLD...oils also have reduced sulfur content...what did not work before..may work now...

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
$1000 for a battery, knew Sprinters were expensive but really...

Per my newly built OVM decoder ring.

!,000 for the PM- rear shocks, water pump, belt and pully and a new battery....I have extras, (decoder rings) if anyone wants them.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Your decoder works real well there Edster...:D

It took me MONTHS of debugging them. Got it right for now. I think I may have to adjust for OVM da'team now, your way of thinking just might get cloudy due to Judy being with ya.......and the smell of pickels.

"It's hot, it's cold, I cann't sleep with my head downhill, we need to get a room, when are you taking me home!".......etc

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
It took me MONTHS of debugging them. Got it right for now. I think I may have to adjust for OVM da'team now, your way of thinking just might get cloudy due to Judy being with ya.......and the smell of pickels.

"It's hot, it's cold, I cann't sleep with my head downhill, we need to get a room, when are you taking me home!".......etc

OR..."why park so far from the door?" and top it off with "it is so noisy here" when I do park closer...*LOL*

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
563,000 now and still original rear brakes!

On the way home across Mn and SD the back roads..I filled up and went 246 miles and then topped it off..8.1 gallons..you do the math...

How it happened i have no clue..average speed maybe 50 top speed 62...and a 20 mph tail wind...

I checked my own numbers 3 times...

I've seen the way you drive:p you don't use brakes, you just plow through all the traffic :eek:;)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Calipers are probably rusted/frozen up solid and ain't doin' anything when ya hit the pedal ... might account why they're lasting so long ..... :cool:'

was up on the rack last month..everything looked fine...but getting close...

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
280,000 miles. I just replaced pads and rotors on all four corners. Rotors wore at about the same rate as the pads.

eb

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Cut that close...

Official mileage...568,604 on the rears..

Had rotors, pads and sensors replaced...

and NO RLent..the calipers were fine....so there..:p

Total...$548 bucks...:D

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
To follow up on Geo's numbers on maintenance, rough calculation I've spent including oil changes...$6,000 and NO tires this year...on 104,000 miles...
Year end mileage...579,000

Last edited:

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
To follow up on Geo's numbers on maintenance, rough calculation I've spent including oil changes...$6,000 and NO tires this year...on 104,000 miles...

Didn't Sprinter advertise that it had a 300K diesel in it at one time?

Last edited:

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army

You did 104,000 miles as a solo! WOW! Way to go OVM.