Sorry no good ............!

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I wonder if the TA would bump up the priority if you took Mrs Shooter to an emergency dept to have an evaluation done [I'd be concerned about the potential for damage to the eyes] and presented them with the bill. It WAS their equipment that allowed the 'practical joke' to cover her face in diesel fuel.....
Hope she is A OK now.

I thought that would have happened with the cops being called too. There is enough toxic stuff in the fuel to warrant a trip to the ER.

By the way, file a compliant with the PA's State Police.

Monty

Expert Expediter
Any consideration to the fact it may have not been intentional?

But glad you were she could take an immediate shower ... diesel can cause burns on the skin if nor removed. (Please, don't ask how I know this!) :confused:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Mrs. Layoutshooter seems to be ok. She got it all washed off quick enough.

TA says that there is no way to tell who did this. They may be right on that.

paullud

Veteran Expediter

Oh good that must mean I can fuel up there and drive off without paying for it since they have no cameras.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

moose

Veteran Expediter
Always look on the bright side of life.
how many truckers can honestly say :
"I have Diesel running in my vanes "

aileron

Expert Expediter
Glad she is ok.
Maybe the pump did malfunction. I am saying this since I tried it many times. I would put the thing in the tank, squeeze the lever and lock it squeezed, then turn around and start the pump, thinking that the fuel would start flowing. But no, the handle would shut off by itself before fuel started flowing, every single time I tried.
Oh, maybe the high flow nozzle is different, I only did it at the front small nozzle.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Glad she is ok.
Maybe the pump did malfunction. I am saying this since I tried it many times. I would put the thing in the tank, squeeze the lever and lock it squeezed, then turn around and start the pump, thinking that the fuel would start flowing. But no, the handle would shut off by itself before fuel started flowing, every single time I tried.
Oh, maybe the high flow nozzle is different, I only did it at the front small nozzle.

It worked fine when I used it. That "game" is an oldie but a goodie used by garden slugs to annoy or hurt decent people. Why? I have not a clue. They just must be mean.

ConfusedMuse

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
oh wow we both hope she is fine, and extend our sympathy. There should be some recourse for such a mishap.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver

If they are right, all the more reason for them to address the issue before someone does get injured, and sues TA for allowing it to happen. Getting diesel in one's eyes while fueling is not an expected consequence, like slipping on fuel would be, and it seems it should be TA's responsibility to either prevent it, or warn people to take precautions.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

If they are right, all the more reason for them to address the issue before someone does get injured, and sues TA for allowing it to happen. Getting diesel in one's eyes while fueling is not an expected consequence, like slipping on fuel would be, and it seems it should be TA's responsibility to either prevent it, or warn people to take precautions.

The way we prevented it when I worked in a gas station was to remove the clips that allowed for continuous flow. I don't think TA has the ability, short of that step, to prevent it.

Drinking fuel sucks. I did that with Aviation fuel when I was at Everglades fighting fire. NOT GOOD!

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Drinking fuel sucks. I did that with Aviation fuel when I was at Everglades fighting fire. NOT GOOD!

fire-breathing-7.jpg

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just caught up to this thread Joe.....Give the Mrs my regards and glad she wasn't seriously injured....I know If ya had caught this jerk...well you know...;)
what happens in the lot, stays in the lot....LOL

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Just caught up to this thread Joe.....Give the Mrs my regards and glad she wasn't seriously injured....I know If ya had caught this jerk...well you know...;)
what happens in the lot, stays in the lot....LOL

THanks Ken, she is fine. You better believe that it would have NOT been pretty if I had found out who did it. Needless to say, he would not be driving for a while.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
THanks Ken, she is fine. You better believe that it would have NOT been pretty if I had found out who did it. Needless to say, he would not be driving for a while.

And you might have spent some time in Jail,:eek:
Glad she is okay!!!
I'll bet she'll be a little gun shy around the pump from now on.