Sorry no good ............!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Some no good fool set a "nozzle bomb" on the fuel pump we just pulled into at the TA in Bloomsburg, PA.

Mrs. Layoutshooter turned on the pump and got a face full of diesel. An entire diesel shower. It got in her eyes. She got it washed out and I sent her in for a shower.

What is wrong with people? It is bad enough when a bunch of teenagers play that silly game but everyone out here is far beyond that age.

I have to sit out here with the truck and baby sit. I can't even go in and help. Don't know what I could do but I feel I should be in there.

:mad:

Desperado

Seasoned Expediter
otherwise leave nozzle open so the next person gets a shower or fuel goes back in tanks so the pumps work real slow

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I don't know what a nozzle bomb is but it sucks that Jen got doused like she did.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I had an idiot driving a car carrier do that once. I caught it before it got on me. Wish I could have caught him but the little wuss hauled butt before I could go after him.
Hope the Mrs. is OK.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I had an idiot driving a car carrier do that once. I caught it before it got on me. Wish I could have caught him but the little wuss hauled butt before I could go after him.
Hope the Mrs. is OK.

I hope she is too. This sucks. I would LOVE to get my hands on that sorry s.................! Shooting him/her/it would be too nice!! A heavy lead pipe across the kneecaps several times would work! :mad:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don't know what a nozzle bomb is but it sucks that Jen got doused like she did.

Some pea brained "jack weed" set the nozzle so it is on continuous. So when you turn on the pump, fuel starts flowing. If you don't catch it you get covered. It is VERY dangerous and can cause serious damage to people.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Set the nozzle on continuous flow. Like when you leave it running to wash your windshield? Then they hang it up. When you pull it out and start the pump diesel goes every where.

Wow! It has never occurred to me to do anything other than place the nozzle in the tank before I flip the lever that starts the fuel flow. I guess it would save a step by starting the fuel flow before you put the nozzle in the tank. Just never thought of doing it any other way.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Yeah, I've seen that, I now check the pumps!!!
The old pumps where you have to lift the lever weren't so bad, but the new ones that turn on after you press the button can really spray you, if someone sets it open.
I know alot of stations in California have removed those auto fill levers completely, so I had a small piece of wood for that purpose.
Terrible!!!:mad:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Some pea brained "jack weed" set the nozzle so it is on continuous. So when you turn on the pump, fuel starts flowing. If you don't catch it you get covered. It is VERY dangerous and can cause serious damage to people.

May the jack weed be soaked and a match be found.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Wow! It has never occurred to me to do anything other than place the nozzle in the tank before I flip the lever that starts the fuel flow. I guess it would save a step by starting the fuel flow before you put the nozzle in the tank. Just never thought of doing it any other way.

Yeah, I guess you should do it that way. Don't always. Does not matter though. It is a foul person who would try to hurt people they don't know just for kicks.

I tell you what, that putz would never drive again if I got my hands on him. That is my WIFE they just put in danger!!

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
If that idiot used his All in One or a fuel card the TA should be able to tell who it was that used that pump before you.
Then you could take appropriate action.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If that idiot used his All in One or a fuel card the TA should be able to tell who it was that used that pump before you.
Then you could take appropriate action.

TA is looking into it. I got the impression that is was not too high on their priority list though.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Hope she will be alright.

I thought most states required the pump handle to reset after the pressure is lost on the line?

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Should just so what Jersey and Oregon do and have someone pump for you

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I wonder if the TA would bump up the priority if you took Mrs Shooter to an emergency dept to have an evaluation done [I'd be concerned about the potential for damage to the eyes] and presented them with the bill. It WAS their equipment that allowed the 'practical joke' to cover her face in diesel fuel.....
Hope she is A OK now.

bobwg

Expert Expediter
Hope she will be ok I had the same thing happen to me a few years back I try to remember to check the nozzle as I pull if off the pump before i flip the lever or push the start button