"Something of Historic Proportion is Happening" by Pam Geller

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
This has to be one of the lamest posts I've ever seen on this forum - based on blind prejudice toward Sarah Palin, you obviously know nothing about Alaska. Regarding the gay comment - that's about as relative to the individual as your recent Britney Spears avatar. An international joke that has evolved from a second rate teenybopper stage act to a drug addicted sociopathic :censoredsign:. How does that square with your liberal bretheren?

I couldn't care less. First of all, I was merely stating what I know about Alaska. It was certainly not blind prejudice toward Sarah Palin. My eyes are wide open. As far as the gay comment, I wasn't trying to strike a nerve. Apparently I did. I just happen to know that Aristotle was gay. It wasn't meant as slam to homosexuality. If you are suggesting I am homophobic you would be wrong. The use of this moniker intrigues me. In my way of thinking, Someone who chooses such a name to represent themselves would not normally push conservative ideas. By and large I am quite sure of that, whether or not it is in this case.
If this sounds sterotypical, I plead guilty with an apology. By the way, if we're going to pick on avatars, ( is that what this snivilling has come to?) yours looks like the wicked witch of the west.

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yeah, no need to try to live in the real world when GAGA land does just fine, eh? HEHEHE just poking fun. :eek: Layoutshooter

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
I couldn't care less. First of all, I was merely stating what I know about Alaska. It was certainly not blind prejudice toward Sarah Palin. My eyes are wide open. As far as the gay comment, I wasn't trying to strike a nerve. Apparently I did. I just happen to know that Aristotle was gay. It wasn't meant as slam to homosexuality. If you are suggesting I am homophobic you would be wrong. The use of this moniker intrigues me. In my way of thinking, Someone who chooses such a name to represent themselves would not normally push conservative ideas. By and large I am quite sure of that, whether or not it is in this case.
If this sounds sterotypical, I plead guilty with an apology. By the way, if we're going to pick on avatars, ( is that what this snivilling has come to?) yours looks like the wicked witch of the west.
Letzrock... why would you take a cheap shot at me with the gay innuendo? I never chose aristotle as a moniker, it was given to me as a small boy by my father when he grew tired of my endless questions.

BTW, did you know Aristotle personally? He lived some 2000 years ago. It seems you are smearing both his and my good name. Knock it off with the innuendo.

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
Letzrock... why would you take a cheap shot at me with the gay innuendo? I never chose aristotle as a moniker, it was given to me as a small boy by my father when he grew tired of my endless questions.

BTW, did you know Aristotle personally? He lived some 2000 years ago. It seems you are smearing both his and my good name. Knock it off with the innuendo.

This is my last comment on this subject. I don't know you. I am not familiar with your sexuality. Whatever it may be is not an issue for me. I don't care one way or another. I think I explained myself clearly. Was it wise to ask the question; probably not. Either way it was no slam on anybody.
In regard to your absurd question "did you know aristotle personally?" No. I am familiar with his writings.The point I was trying to make was apparently way too sensitive. If you were offended I am personally apologizing to you. Once again, I was not refering to you. I don't know you. It was more about some others here than you.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

For what it's worth, Aristotle (the Greek one) was NOT a homosexual. He was married to his first wife named Pythius for 10 years before she died at an early age. They had one daughter, also named Pythius. Later in life, he had a long relationship with another woman named Herpyllis. They had a son whom they named Nichomachus, after Aristotle's father.

Aristotle Biography

This alleged homosexuality of Aristotle might have come from some of the propoganda that passes for textbooks in today's public schools. There has been so much history that has been re-written to promote and indoctrinate the liberal agenda, and the normalization of homosexuality certainly falls into this catagory.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Letzrock... I am really disappointed with you. You can't just come on here and cast aspersions and then retreat behind your mother's skirt. Yes, I was offended by your insinuations. Personal insults have no place in a public forum. It is fortuitous you stepped back from the quicksand. You are not sufficiently equipped for dialogue.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Anyone who is familiar with the writings of Aristotle (the original) would know, unquestionably, what his views on homosexuality were. Aristotle's teacher and hero was Plato, who patently condemned homosexuality, and did so at every opportunity. Aristotle disagreed with Plato on very few things, homosexuality not being one of them. While Aristotle's musings on homosexuality were not as vociferous and vigorous as was Plato's, as he didn't write on it all that often, his views were nonetheless quite clear. Aristotle's every reference to homosexuality is negative. In the Nicomachean Ethics he was quite blunt, allowing for the possibility of childhood abuse and even out of addictive habit for the cause of homosexuality, but classified it as a brutish mental disorder, on the same level as a morbid madness of someone who eats the internal organs other people (he gives a couple of lovely examples). In The Politics he isn't quite as graphic, but is just as resolute about homosexuality and its consequences.

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
Letzrock... I am really disappointed with you. You can't just come on here and cast aspersions and then retreat behind your mother's skirt. Yes, I was offended by your insinuations. Personal insults have no place in a public forum. It is fortuitous you stepped back from the quicksand. You are not sufficiently equipped for dialogue.

I might have been able to hide behind my mother's skirt were she not dead now for about 6 weeks. Since I am not "sufficiently equipped" for dialogue I won't respond any further.

Last edited:

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
Anyone who is familiar with the writings of Aristotle (the original) would know, unquestionably, what his views on homosexuality were. Aristotle's teacher and hero was Plato, who patently condemned homosexuality, and did so at every opportunity. Aristotle disagreed with Plato on very few things, homosexuality not being one of them. While Aristotle's musings on homosexuality were not as vociferous and vigorous as was Plato's, as he didn't write on it all that often, his views were nonetheless quite clear. Aristotle's every reference to homosexuality is negative. In the Nicomachean Ethics he was quite blunt, allowing for the possibility of childhood abuse and even out of addictive habit for the cause of homosexuality, but classified it as a brutish mental disorder, on the same level as a morbid madness of someone who eats the internal organs other people (he gives a couple of lovely examples). In The Politics he isn't quite as graphic, but is just as resolute about homosexuality and its consequences.

I'm not really up for beating a dead horse tonight but here goes:

Aristotle did infact muse in the Nicomachean Ethics that Homosexuality is a brutish mental disorder. He does not mention that he never took part in it. The reason he doesn't mention it is because up to the point where he came to pen the Nicomachean Ethics, the Greeks were well known to be ambiguous toward sexuality. In other words they were not partial to one sex or the other. Anyone was fair game.It was common place. THIS IS A FACT. Aristotle wrote about his disdain of homosexuality later in life. For me to say that Aristotle was gay might be a stretch. That he engaged in homosexual acts is not. Enough already. Get over it.

Last edited:

Dog_House2691

Seasoned Expediter
Well said Eddie...I keep hearing People saying it's only been a couple of months ,give him a chance.No one can clean this mess up,he's trying stop being critical...it's because he's a Democrat...thats all B.S. ! He is moving his AGENDA along at Breakneck SPEED along with Rahm ( Ballerina ) Emmanuel..Pelosi...Barney and No not the Purple one.,Dodd....and the rest of the Radical Friends he is associated with! This is Scary and if you Dont think so,you havent seen anything YET ! This is a Man Made CRISIS that they have created with all the FEAR tactics....He is ASSAULTING People in this Country that Work hard and PAY Taxes,and giving to the UNRESPONSible......

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Yes, it is irrelevent. You brought it up. If you are now intending to make me some kind of target, bring it on. Unlike you my skin is thick enough to take it.
Letzrock... if you feel like a target, you got there all by yourself. I have given you the kid glove treatment out of respect to this forum. I can't respond to ad hominem attacks and I won't play your sleaze game.

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
Letzrock... if you feel like a target, you got there all by yourself. I have given you the kid glove treatment out of respect to this forum. I can't respond to ad hominem attacks and I won't play your sleaze game.

Sleaze game. Ha! Yeah that's right. I'm playing a sleaze game. O.K., if you won't play I guess I'll go play with myself.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I'm not really up for beating a dead horse tonight but here goes:

Aristotle did infact muse in the Nicomachean Ethics that Homosexuality is a brutish mental disorder. He does not mention that he never took part in it. The reason he doesn't mention it is because up to the point where he came to pen the Nicomachean Ethics, the Greeks were well known to be ambiguous toward sexuality. In other words they were not partial to one sex or the other. Anyone was fair game.It was common place. THIS IS A FACT. Aristotle wrote about his disdain of homosexuality later in life. For me to say that Aristotle was gay might be a stretch. That he engaged in homosexual acts is not. Enough already. Get over it.

As Aristotle said, “He who asserts must also prove.” When you make a claim, the burden of proof is on you to demonstrate that claim. Let's see it. Conjecture, assumption and guilt by association does not constitute proof, by the way. You're on...

N

NextOut

As Aristotle said, “He who asserts must also prove.” When you make a claim, the burden of proof is on you to demonstrate that claim. Let's see it. Conjecture, assumption and guilt by association does not constitute proof, by the way. You're on...

You used assumption yourself when you said "anyone who is familiar with the writings of aristotle knows his views on homosexuality." You refered to the "nicomachean ethics" and "Politics." In both of these works he speaks of his loathing of homosexuality. He does not say he never partook. You seem to have inferred that he hadn't. Where is your proof? I submit he did partake, it was common place, resulting in his disdain for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
N

NextOut

If it is true that "he who asserts must prove", We would have to wipe out nearly everything posted on the soapbox....