Sleeping across in a van?

robh2

Veteran Expediter
How do you guys sleep across in a van? Are you sleeping corner to corner on your mattress? I am 5'10 and I don't see sleeping sideways.

Thanks.

Robert

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I'm 5'9" and I sleep on my side, always. Well, sometimes the other side.

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
How do you guys sleep across in a van? Are you sleeping corner to corner on your mattress? I am 5'10 and I don't see sleeping sideways.

Thanks.

Robert

well ya know this just baffles me on how yall do this.......
i mean i sleep laying down...... ya know.... just sayin

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm 5'10" and my bed is mounted crosswise with a 34" wide mattress. It can also be easily converted to the lengthwise position which I prefer during warm weather and have no freight on board.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
6'3" bunk is side to side and I sleep corner to corner. Works for me.

guido4475

Not a Member
I am a fat man.Fluffy.Many can attest to this..And I sleep like a baby in my 36" mattress, behind the seats,on my side, but always end up waking up in some strange position.I sleep better in the van than at home, go figure.There is a permanent bulkhead between the sleeper and 8 ft cargo area, with a flatscreen and a dvd player mounted to it.It works for me, surprisingly.Absolutely no problem staying warm or cool this way.In the summer, I will sleep with the side doors open in a good area, except when I know OVM is around, he woke me up by tickling my feet once...lol.What a way to wake up!! lol.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
I am a fat man.Fluffy.Many can attest to this..And I sleep like a baby in my 36" mattress, behind the seats,on my side, but always end up waking up in some strange position.I sleep better in the van than at home, go figure.There is a permanent bulkhead between the sleeper and 8 ft cargo area, with a flatscreen and a dvd player mounted to it.It works for me, surprisingly.Absolutely no problem staying warm or cool this way.In the summer, I will sleep with the side doors open in a good area, except when I know OVM is around, he woke me up by tickling my feet once...lol.What a way to wake up!! lol.

A little too personal, did we really have to know?
Okay we now know OVM has a foot fetish :eek:;)

The Enemy

Veteran Expediter
At a little over 6'2" tall I still sleep with wise across the Sprinter, just gotta bend my legs a little, been doing this way for he past four years. But better half on the other hand can lay flat on her back with her feet touching one wall and put her arms above her head and she barely touches the other wall. She's that short, more like fun sized.

We both sleep in the same bed, it helps that it a full size bed.

milpig

Expert Expediter
6'1" I sleep across my GMC on a 28" shelf, feet and head touch but I can kinda stretch out. Usually sleep in the back on an air mattress though.