Sleeper With Slide-out

ATeam

Retired Expediter
truckpic.jpg

(Direct linked from Photobucket
truckpic.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting)

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We saw one of these parked at a truck stop and yes they do ruin the spot next to them. I agree it is asking for trouble even though the room would be awesome!

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'd love to have the extra room but I wonder how many weeks before someone knocks it off backing in beside it.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I too wonder how long till it is knocked off. I have two marks on my truck already where it was scaped by trucks backing in. Just a red stripe on the passenger side but scraped down to the matt on the drivers front fender. AND you can bet the goobers who did this stopped to tell me. Layoutshooter

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
I would love to park next to this piece of CRAP. Let me pull out before he does and maybee I could just push his her *** to the floor with the trailer. After ALL I would still be in MY LANE.

It is trucking, if you wana go camping than go camping otherwise stay out of the truck stops and taking up spaces for those that are out here making a living and NEED a place to park at night. Summertime and RVs are bad enough in Rest Areas, this is all we need just as much as extending Trailers to 68 or 70 feet.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Broom,
you bring up a good point, if it is extended and taking up a second spot, can that be considered improper parking if there is an accident?

I would think that any insurance company will look at an accident where someone hits them because they have taken up two spots as suspect and may not pay for the repairs.

Also because you brought it up first, I do agree if you want an RV, then get an RV.

moose

Veteran Expediter
Here is what have happen ,
there is a company out of Ft. worth that's making a racing trucks with 2 slide out and rear doors ,from an Argosy cab-over .
i sow one on the truckpaper.com about 6 months ago
(maybe someone can get the link )

i was in the truck show in Louisville this year and Had some free time with I.C.T , learning about Expedite sleepers .
have asked the question about slide out , and given the answer that they have being experimenting with the idea for some time , and have found-out that for over the road applications the standard structure is getting too match of a beating and don't preform well over time (might be just a sell thing...)
and it is too heavy for what the costumer need .
ICT think there is no market for self develop of that project .
(the one they used in the past was from an RV sub-contractor )

they Do think that there is a market for a back-slide !
a back-slide will be a slide that work only as the truck is on park and integrated with the thief-wheel air-slide, the parking break,and the ecm.
so when you park you can used the gap between the truck and trailer for a large bed, Ext.
they think that this option is still to heavy for commercial use.
if You think otherwise ,they will built it for you...

Moose.

guido4475

Not a Member
i think the name of the company you are looking for is king leisure sleepers out of fort worth, texas.i had one of their sleepers on my old ford l8000, and it was a good sleeper.no problems.