Site Seeing while you Expedite the Freight

truckn-lace

Seasoned Expediter
On way to Phoenix Az and took a different route. So very beautiful and cut off a few miles too. I 40 to I77 and take hyway 60 like the grand canyon so beautiful took lots of pictures. If ya got the time try it out so worth it lets ya have a break from the working life, like am I really working? Our working RV did a fine job, Enjoy everyday to the fullest!!:)

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
When we were with USX we picked up a load of copper wire near Globe and we were grossed out going east and went through the Salt River Canyon and it has to have been one of the worst memories I have of trucking.

I took plenty of pictures and it was beautiful but it is not a place for a grossed out semi as it took us forever to get to the bottom of the hill with warm brakes which cooled at 5 - 15 miles an hour to climb back out of that canyon.

Never ever again will I go through the Salt River Canyon in a truck and I will think twice about it in a car.... The road is total switchbacks going up and going down with a cable between us and what seemed like a drop that would last forever. I have always compared it to the Grand Canyon as well as it is something to see...

I know my memories of the canyon are different then yours and mine was to due to being so heavy and it was a struggle the whole way and then to top all that when we got out of there near Show Low there were fires and we were not sure we were going to get through to I-40.

I would suggest if anyone wants to take this scenic route that you do this in the day time, have plenty of fuel, be empty with well adjusted brakes, have the camera ready to take pictures and take your time. It really is like driving through the Grand Canyon and it is a beautiful sight.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Linda and Bob that would have been a very scary trip. Glad you made it safely out okay.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
So there ya have it, two differing opinions on the same stretch of highway.

Trucknlace thought it was very beautiful, and team Caffee were grossed out.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Truckn-Lace wrote:

On way to Phoenix Az and took a different route. So very beautiful and cut off a few miles too. I 40 to I77 and take hyway 60 like the grand canyon so beautiful took lots of pictures. If ya got the time try it out so worth it lets ya have a break from the working life, like am I really working? Our working RV did a fine job, Enjoy everyday to the fullest!!

Now you have done it...there are a select few(well mainly 1) that will say you are NOT "Professional"..you are simply a "vacationer" in a truck instead of a RV....making people think this is not really a business, just a way for people to see the country and get paid...

Welcome to My World...:D

greg334

Veteran Expediter
It's really nice out there. I like taking 95 down from I10 to I8 and across to San Diego.

14Wheeler

Seasoned Expediter
Now you have done it...there are a select few(well mainly 1) that will say you are NOT "Professional"..you are simply a "vacationer" in a truck instead of a RV....making people think this is not really a business, just a way for people to see the country and get paid...

Welcome to My World...:D

And then look what you did, when you upgraded your newest
RV ride. You're nothing more than a Good Sam Club lifetime
achievement award winning *cough* vacationer now.
I bet you've cruised down the PCH with a 50oz Slurpie in your hand.

Shamefull behavior for a business man

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
14wheeler wrote:

And then look what you did, when you upgraded your newest
RV ride. You're nothing more than a Good Sam Club lifetime
achievement award winning *cough* vacationer now.
I bet you've cruised down the PCH with a 50oz Slurpie in your hand.

LOL, you passed me on the road didn't you !!!! :D