Sirius xm

spongebox1

Expert Expediter
How the hell I'm a supposed to know he is a pagan?? He is/was acting like the typical religious do-gooder .
.they don't pay non talented people the kinda $$ he gets..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using EO Forums mobile app
Lets get one thing straight ok? I am not a do-gooder, and the world is full of talentless folks who get paid ignorant amounts of money just look at the Cleveland browns!

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums mobile app

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Like him, or not, he has a huge following. When he was on syndicated radio his following was even higher as he was easily available during the coveted "morning drive".
I don't care for him kind if for the same reasons I don't care for Rush Limbaugh. I used to listen to both but after about a year both of their egos got to me too much.
But correct, he has parlayed what he does into an estimated $500,000,000 fortune and an annual salary of about $80,000,000!!!

Plenty of people don't like him but he doesn't need ALL of the $320M in the US to make that kind of money.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
O&A are just Stern wannabes ..and the should thank him for what he has done to/for radio..so they can exist and even have there show .see the followed his move to satellite..which is NO surprise..

Actually they were there 2 yrs before him. But whatever.

spongebox1

Expert Expediter
It all comes down to preference, O&A are pretty good, I grew up on Bob&Tom so they are my favorite but Stern is a clown IMHO

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think he's a no talent loser that only made a name for himself by talking about and/or trashing celebrities and other newsworthy figures. Him and his ilk are not worth any of my listening time!

I used to think that until I started listening more regular. I was impressed by how good of an actual interviewer he is and how he can really get people to open up. Besides I like his voice :p

paullud

Veteran Expediter
No..not very nice and Christian like to be calling people names...assuming he is a Christian/ religious man...because there the ones that always get bent out of shape when you say the name Howard Stern..

So that is the reason you like Howard, you think you are sticking it to the man by liking him. It isn't like people are saying that they don't like him because he swears or talks about sex, they don't like him because he is boring. You are trying to debate a point no one is bringing up but you.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
So that is the reason you like Howard, you think you are sticking it to the man by liking him. It isn't like people are saying that they don't like him because he swears or talks about sex, they don't like him because he is boring. You are trying to debate a point no one is bringing up but you.

No...Howard is the best interviewer there is...IE he had Lady Gaga in..BORING..YAWN.. he made that interview so interesting I would say one if his best.. I wanted to know more about her...he does that with all of his guests...makes them interesting..makes me interested in them...ask the questions nobody else does..and his interviews go for hour + ...un interrupted..

I idealize his work ethic....work comes 1st...
probably one of the most nicest people around... all of his staff has been with him for 20+ years..some 30..if he was a prick that wouldn't be so...and liking him because its sticking it to the man...OK..kinda...its totally oblivious you have never really listened to him by the comments you make...that's what it is to be a true Stern fan..you are going against the grain...
And all these people or "moral police"..that are against him...most of them are the ones up to no good..not Howard..or his staff...when have you heard of any funny stuff going on connected with the show??? Never..maybe Arties suicide attempt...but he had a serious herion problem..
So the man talks about sex...so what who don't..just telling you what everybody wants to know..
.AGT did not hire him to interview strippers..he has zillions of fans..like it or not...I watch that show now..never did...genius move on NBC.. Howard in prime time ..family show...lol but it works...cha ching..
In closing I can't wait for the show to start every day ( when its on) @ 6 makes my day brighter..as I am laughing my fat azz off going down the highway..you might not like him..but to say he is talentless..is a true false statement..or he would not be who he is...bababoooooooey..

Last edited:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
In reality now that stern is on terestreal radio his listner base is smaller than some others. The biggest numbers normally go to conservitive talk hosts.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

Last edited:

spongebox1

Expert Expediter
No...Howard is the best interviewer there is...IE he had Lady Gaga in..BORING..YAWN.. he made that interview so interesting I would say one if his best.. I wanted to know more about her...he does that with all of his guests...makes them interesting..makes me interested in them...ask the questions nobody else does..and his interviews go for hour + ...un interrupted..

I idealize his work ethic....work comes 1st...
probably one of the most nicest people around... all of his staff has been with him for 20+ years..some 30..if he was a prick that wouldn't be so...and liking him because its sticking it to the man...OK..kinda...its totally oblivious you have never really listened to him by the comments you make...that's what it is to be a true Stern fan..you are going against the grain...
And all these people or "moral police"..that are against him...most of them are the ones up to no good..not Howard..or his staff...when have you heard of any funny stuff going on connected with the show??? Never..maybe Arties suicide attempt...but he had a serious herion problem..
So the man talks about sex...so what who don't..just telling you what everybody wants to know..
.AGT did not hire him to interview strippers..he has zillions of fans..like it or not...I watch that show now..never did...genius move on NBC.. Howard in prime time ..family show...lol but it works...cha ching..
In closing I can't wait for the show to start every day ( when its on) @ 6 makes my day brighter..as I am laughing my fat azz off going down the highway..you might not like him..but to say he is talentless..is a true false statement..or he would not be who he is...bababoooooooey..

He's a talentless clown, I've heard his early work and it was ok, the problem with stern is he tries to shock people and at first it worked but now he's just became the same ol routine with little to no new material. YAWNNNN, I turned on his show today just to say I listened and you know what? I felt like jumping into on coming traffic during his show! So long as he makes you happy than so be it but please stop holding him on a pedistool, he's no icon, he's a side show attraction and all attractions eventually fade away....

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter

Exactly! Trust me spongebox has no issues with people who curse or talk about sex, neither do I...Stern's not my thing, I'm not as vehemently opposed to him as some but if I have a choice in radio stations I'm not picking the one he's one.

spongebox1

Expert Expediter
Moral police? You need to truly accept that its not about morals alone, its about taste, my personal taste has a bull____t limit!

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The "#1" movie made it to 56th, not #1. That did put it ahead of a lot of others but nowhere near #1. The number one movie was a little more widely known, and to almost any observer far more worthwhile than Private Parts, a little movie called Titanic, grossing roughly 15 times as much money.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Man crushes and bromance aside, and man are they showing, Stern has a following. His show and it's content appeals to some. Those who expect and demand more have other options available.