Should this Forum be renamed?

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
"Cut and Paste" works for me...Change Away! Oh and get ready, i have a whole bunch set aside from the last week or so i have been away!!!:D

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
"Cut and Paste" works for me...Change Away! Oh and get ready, i have a whole bunch set aside from the last week or so i have been away!!!:D
Dennis if you don't mind, would you be willing to give a somewhat detailed explanation why you do the copy and paste so often, also what you hope the results are.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Jamin wrote:

Dennis if you don't mind, would you be willing to give a somewhat detailed explanation why you do the copy and paste so often, also what you hope the results are.

Sure, I post "news" articles on a few other boards also, and when it comes to barry and i simply post them here also...as for what "results" , nothing other then to inform and post bias info on barry and his minions and what they are doing to this country...so there is no great "Result" I am looking for, it is mainly to share articles for scourses that alot of people don't go to.....

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I made the same comment as JJ long ago, and got the same response. Which I consider insulting - if we can read EO, we can clearly use the internet, and read what appeals to us, eh?
The Chef has said numerous times that he couldn't care less how anyone feels, and that's the biggest insult to EO of all, IMO.:mad:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
And yet i haven't broken any rules or been asked by management to stop anything nor have i been suspended or banned or even warned for any infraction......so i guess following the written rules and management not having an issue with the topic, is some how wrong!?!?

PS: and each time this issue is brought up, people are as supportive of it as there are those that don't like it....it is not meant to "insult" anyone... i go to alot od sights that alot of people don't and while not everyone might agree with the articles as they are written, they all have their own point of view....which most often is different then from the fringe msm....

Last edited:

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Honestly sure lets do that, lets name it the Cute Fuzzy Bunny Forum.

Look if you guys don't like it, well do what Dennis is doing - bringing somewhat new content to the forum. He uses Cut and Paste to start a discussions which is not really it a big deal.

The problem I have is that there isn't much in varying subject material, no offense Dennis, but we all know Obama is a putz and the people who voted for him may be too so lets see some other stuff out here.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
greg334;341568]
Honestly sure lets do that, lets name it the Cute Fuzzy Bunny Forum.
Don't be a ____

Look if you guys don't like it, well do what Dennis is doing
If I don't like it why would I then do what Dennis is doing?

- bringing somewhat new content to the forum.

It's really not what Dennis is bringing, to me it's where he is bringing it from.

He uses Cut and Paste to start a discussions which is not really it a big deal.

I don't think Dennis is trying to start a discussion. or he would do more than just post three or four lines saying more or less the same thing in his clip art.

The problem I have is that there isn't much in varying subject material, no offense Dennis, but we all know Obama is a putz and the people who voted for him may be too so lets see some other stuff out here.

Greg and or Dennis I'm sure that you do visit many places on the web than I do.... But when you go searching for blogs of the day, who the heII are those people, crap if you want us to be more informed so that we can post our thoughts, why in the hell would I ever listen and pay attention to some of the bloggers that you have put here?

Put them all in one post that we could review and comment on.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
And yet i haven't broken any rules or been asked by management to stop anything nor have i been suspended or banned or even warned for any infraction......so i guess following the written rules and management not having an issue with the topic, is some how wrong!?!?
As no one has said you broke any written rules, your 'defense' is just deflecting the real complaint: that you continue to break the [unwritten] rule of netiquette: no one poster should flood a forum with cut & paste. It's just plain rude, ok? We ALL visit other sites, and find much of interest, but no one else feels compelled to slap it up here on a daily basis.

PS: and each time this issue is brought up, people are as supportive of it as there are those that don't like it....it is not meant to "insult" anyone... i go to alot od sights that alot of people don't and while not everyone might agree with the articles as they are written, they all have their own point of view....which most often is different then from the fringe msm....
Whether the intention was to insult anyone or not, the very idea that you alone have access to these 'other sights' [sic] is insulting.
Perhaps you could copy & paste to those who "are supportive", and allow the Soapbox to return to it's intended format - discussion of issues of the day.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
I made the same comment as JJ long ago, and got the same response. Which I consider insulting - if we can read EO, we can clearly use the internet, and read what appeals to us, eh?
The Chef has said numerous times that he couldn't care less how anyone feels, and that's the biggest insult to EO of all, IMO.:mad:

You could click the ignore button,or simply skip by the posts that you don't like. But I guess that would be too simple eh?

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Don't be a ____

What?

It's as silly as complaining about cut and pasting?

I understand what you are saying but....

If I don't like it why would I then do what Dennis is doing?

Something I said

It's really not what Dennis is bringing, to me it's where he is bringing it from.

Something else I said

I don't think Dennis is trying to start a discussion. or he would do more than just post three or four lines saying more or less the same thing in his clip art.

I didn't say he did it right, I said he is bringing new content to the forum. I don't agree with the subject material but that's not my call to complain about it - I said something and that's about it.

Greg and or Dennis I'm sure that you do visit many places on the web than I do.... But when you go searching for blogs of the day, who the heII are those people, crap if you want us to be more informed so that we can post our thoughts, why in the hell would I ever listen and pay attention to some of the bloggers that you have put here?

Put them all in one post that we could review and comment on.

Well Blogs and other forms of personal opinion are just that - personal opinion when you put it into context of the larger picture of journalism. As a matter of fact, there are people who just do that, take a few snippets of text form an article or report from "legitimate journalist" and comment on it, while others are legitimate opinion journalist.

But forget whatever I said ... if it doesn't make sense.

The point is that he is using this as a starter of conversation, not to throw it in the middle of one of hand us a list of ambiguitous articles to comment on. I stand by what I said, if it bothers people, then do what he is doing - start threads.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
You could click the ignore button,or simply skip by the posts that you don't like. But I guess that would be too simple eh?

If there were a simple solution, I'd prefer it - but I don't use the 'ignore' button. [Even a broken clock is right twice a day!] Because I disagree with some, most, or nearly all a poster's comments is no reason to ignore them, IMO. I want to read what folks have to say, or I wouldn't be here.
Jammin Jim stated a position, and I commented on it - you have a problem with that?

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
For me it has little to do with agreeing with or disagreeing with the topic of the thread. But it gets tiresome to see an entire page of posts all the same subject, same theme, just a rehash from a lot of Obama haters that most people have never heard of. If you find the same subject but it's an article from the WSJ or a reputable organization great. Post it comment on it state your views and lets discuss.

But the constant name calling (by posting crap about Obama) reminds me of a bunch of second graders ragging on the red headed kid. Twenty posts half of which are from dubious sources does nothing. Five hundred threads since April of this year.

Face it our guy didn't win, we'll get them next election.