Shirts and ties

teamjdw

Expert Expediter
What type of tie can you wear with a polo shirt.I would like to wear a tie,but i'm required to wear a purple and blue polo shirt?:confused:

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I found the standard FedEx purple and blue Tie is appropriate for all occasions and within the requirements of the image manual the company has issued.

teamjdw

Expert Expediter
Thanks Greg,but i've never seen anyone wearing a tie with a polo shirt,was just wondering if this would be a fashion poopah,like wear socks with sandals.I will consult the company image manual.Maybe i can wear the to together.I think it would look good.i'm going to try to make the cover of the Driver's Seat.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The bow tie is the best to wear with a polo shirt. Stylish, refined, understated, yet not so gay as to make people think you're gay.

3872402259_458a886d60_o.jpg

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
The bow tie is the best to wear with a polo shirt. Stylish, refined, understated, yet not so gay as to make people think you're gay.

3872402259_458a886d60_o.jpg

Puhleeze - dude looks like a valet parking jockey at some cheesy 'gentleman's club'! ;)

ATeam

Retired Expediter
What type of tie can you wear with a polo shirt.I would like to wear a tie,but i'm required to wear a purple and blue polo shirt?:confused:

It's not a tie the polo shirt people would have you wear but a leash.

Freightdawg

Expert Expediter
Thanks Greg,but i've never seen anyone wearing a tie with a polo shirt,was just wondering if this would be a fashion poopah,like wear socks with sandals.I will consult the company image manual.Maybe i can wear the to together.I think it would look good.i'm going to try to make the cover of the Driver's Seat.

And what is wrong with that? :eek:
Home of Socks and Sandals the world over
I know, I stole this from a previous thread!:D

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
do not, AND I REPEAT, do not wear a tie or bow tie with a polo shirt. they are to be worn with a full button shirt not a three button polo. polo = casual. go with dress shirt. please!!! so to answer the ? what tie to wear w/a polo the answer is none. turtle, cmon were not 21. its not gay its just not appropriate.

Last edited:

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
do not, AND I REPEAT, do not wear a tie or bow tie with a polo shirt. they are to be worn with a full button shirt not a three button polo. polo = casual. go with dress shirt. please!!! so to answer the ? what tie to wear w/a polo the answer is none. turtle, cmon were not 21. its not gay its just not appropriate.
Great advice, unless you want to look like the guy in Turtle's picture. A bow tie with a purple polo shirt?? Don't do it!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Great advice, unless you want to look like the guy in Turtle's picture. A bow tie with a purple polo shirt?? Don't do it!
Yeah. Maybe I was wrong about the whole "not so gay" thing. Purple and teal are tough to get around.

3872402259_458a886d60_oa.jpg

Last edited: