Share your space saving ideas

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I KNEW IT! The brilliance never ends... The rush on multi colored bottles has Started

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Hey! I was just complimenting Bob.
He's a pretty interesting guy.
Hard working but multi-talented.
Great polisher-who wins a pride and polish on his first attempt ?
Good mechanic- does alot of his own work.
Intelligent- look how he spec'd the truck. Great results.
Muti -talented.
That's all I said.

Last edited:

Missie600

Active Expediter
Cheri, we found bins that have handles that lock the lid shut. Very handy!

Linda, such a great idea about the dvd's! We are going to do that right away!

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have plastic ammo boxes screwed down just inside the rear doors. Great for straps and tools. Also makes fork lift drivers center the skid helping keep it off the wheel wells. Got the idea from another driver. Picked them up at northern tool bass pro has them also.

sent from my FISHER PRICE Z100 using EO forums

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Xiggi, Ever get those forklift drivers that can barely clear the doors,much less get load centered ?

The Enemy

Veteran Expediter
We used to get them all the time. I can't tell you the number of times when one of them have busted my pallet guides. They wouldn't take my advice since i was just a dumb driver and they were professional fork lift operators.

We used to keep a lot of my loose tools in a metal 50 Cal ammo box by the back door. I picked it up at an army surplus store by the house for $15. There are a lot of different sizes of ammo boxes in both metal and plastic for relatively cheap waterproof storage.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Cheri, we found bins that have handles that lock the lid shut. Very handy!

Linda, such a great idea about the dvd's! We are going to do that right away!

India, I have the ones that lock - maybe the truck is just 'bouncier', and I'm used to it. Or maybe it was Eureka Rd - that one bounced the turntable right out of the microwave!
I forgot: I also like the plastic tabs that keep cords in place whether they're running along a baseboard or vertically - they work pretty well.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Cannot CD's and DVD's be eliminated altogether? Buy an iPod and put them on it. Use an adapter like this to connect your iPod to the TV.

Missie600

Active Expediter
We are finally back on the road after two weeks of having Titanic repaired!

I used several of the ideas on this thread. First we put all our dvd's in holder vs. the cases. That saved a great amount of room. I bought a lingerie washing bag to hang up with a drapery pin to keep things in. I am going to get another one of those. I put our paper plates and bowls in the microwave.

Also while we were home I purchased smaller shower bags. We were using duffle bags and they were too large. Although mine is sooooo much more heavier than Gary's. I just "need" more things when I shower!

I would love to remove the bunk and add cabinets, but that is something we will look at in the future.

Thanks for the ideas!

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Stopped at ikea and picked up 6 trones this week. Not mounted yet. Saw the mattress and spring setup i want while there.

Sent from my Fisher Price X900 via EO Forums

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
I can't see all the posts so someone may have said this but a wire hanging basket or stuffed animal net works great for fruit. Just hang it out of the way!

Pagan Trucker Girl - Blessed Be

MissKat

Expert Expediter
We are finally back on the road after two weeks of having Titanic repaired!

I used several of the ideas on this thread. First we put all our dvd's in holder vs. the cases. That saved a great amount of room. I bought a lingerie washing bag to hang up with a drapery pin to keep things in. I am going to get another one of those. I put our paper plates and bowls in the microwave.

Also while we were home I purchased smaller shower bags. We were using duffle bags and they were too large. Although mine is sooooo much more heavier than Gary's. I just "need" more things when I shower!

I would love to remove the bunk and add cabinets, but that is something we will look at in the future.

Thanks for the ideas!

Tip 1432. Each of you takes a bag in when you shower together. Plus a small bag for you and your personal items like hair dryer, brush, etc. Remember to put a garbage bag in one of your bags for the dirty clothes. While he gets the first shower put all the clothes in the garbage bag and then you are ready for your back to be washed. He gets out, shaves, etc. And you have set your clean clothes out. He is then to take both bags and the garbage bag out to the truck while you leisurely do your thing. You have a large laundry bag in the truck already that he is to put the bag in for you. When you stroll out of the truck stop with your little bag and a big smile he Will be sitting in the drivers seat admiring you and thinking how Lucky he is you are walking to His truck. Have fun!

Missie600

Active Expediter
Miss Kat, I appreciate that advice and I am not opposed to showering together BUT we are together 24/7 and this is my only time where I am truly alone. I want that time. We have had circumstances where we have had to use the same shower and have found that it is better to just take turns so that we are not stepping all over each other. You, my friend, are a romantic :)

Gary wanted me to share that he used the travel soap dishes with the snapping lid for his small stuff like fuses, screws, nuts, washers etc. By taking these items out of the packages he saves space.

comet_4298

Seasoned Expediter
Stopped at ikea and picked up 6 trones this week. Not mounted yet. Saw the mattress and spring setup i want while there.

Sent from my Fisher Price X900 via EO Forums
Hey Xiggi,is the mattress & spring setup for the van,if so,you mine sharing which one you got your eye on. Thinking about changing my sleeper setup.

Everybody seem's to want us to carry 3 pallet's anymore.