Share your space saving ideas

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sure i already picked up the mattress and very happy with it. Should have the springs in a week or so.

Mattress has a heavy cover with handles on both sides.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30139835/

Springs the head will raise almost vertical great for watching tv etc.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40160275/

I also picked this up and will alter it for my fold up wall bed.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20180566/

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC123 via EO Forums

MissKat

Expert Expediter
Miss Kat, I appreciate that advice and I am not opposed to showering together BUT we are together 24/7 and this is my only time where I am truly alone. I want that time. We have had circumstances where we have had to use the same shower and have found that it is better to just take turns so that we are not stepping all over each other. You, my friend, are a romantic :)

YEP, TIS TRUE. BUT CAPT AND I TRUCKED FOR NINE YEARS TOGETHER NON-STOP. ONLY TOOK A SEPARATE SHOWER TWICE IN THAT TIME. LOL.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Although my wife has only been in the truck going on three years,we're in the seventh year of our honeymoon.
24x7 isn't enough time together.
We've showered seperately twice due to secure loads.
We now wait. We try to switch to a larger shower when available. The extra room makes it a nicer experience.

piattteam

Active Expediter
Are you "shower together to save money" people vanners? Just wondering, you do know you get co-driver showers free, right?
Just wondering.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Saw a yellow cube van the other day. It'd been in the same space about four days. Thought they were expeditors. Could have been Dead Heads. Maybe both ?

Dat1stChoice

Active Expediter
Haven't seen it said.....

Small flat lure boxes from wally world or BPS for screws, fuses, extra bulbs (most will fit in them) and small tools. They can also be used to store small items like ear buds, medication/vitamins/supplements, and other tiny easy to lose items. They're relatively thin and you can stack about 8 of them into a one foot cube of area. Usually come with lots of dividers too, so you can have lots of different items in them.

Also, if you're not into "chic" you can cut milk crates down, and fasten them to the walls in the back, useful for straps and tools. (also useful inside the cab for "shelving". My brother in law did this in his freight shaker, stacked 3 of them on top of each other to hold office supplies, extra gloves/coat and the bottom one held his oil bottle and coolant bottle. Stuck them in the cubby opposite his fridge and cut a 1/2" hole in the overhang for a dowel rod to hold them in there. I never saw them fall out, and he hasn't said they did.

On the storage bins on the top bunk......if you leave it down.......1/2" wood screws with washers into each corner will secure them to the bunk, as for lids a bungie cord could work.

For those that want cabinets, try your local Re-store (the Habitat for humanity recycle center) they usually have cabinets in different shapes and sizes.

I liked the tray around the top bunk mounts, that looks neat!

As for sharing showers......nothing wrong with a little "us" time in the shower, saves water (NOT) and you don't get your sleeper smelling like....well, you know what it smells like after too much "us" time in there!

Last edited: