September Locations & Banter

MR.SNAPPY

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
We are going to see how second shift does and then determine if we should recommend dispersing. I can only imagine if we have 4 down there are others that have 30, lol.

I would always take the name brand tire, you get what you pay for. Our tire program has some pretty substantial savings for our owner operators. It is really a benefit of all the tractor and trailer tires that the company buys. It gives us some good volume on pricing. I think some of you guys have used it and compared?

Just purchased 2 new steer tires at McMahon tires in FT.Wayne.....Bridgestone's on the load 1 National account price....great deal

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Yeah, when I need to replace the others, I'll just go with something I know. These are what was already on there.. they looked like great tread, so I didn't worry about not knowing the brand.

I didn't realize we could get discounts on van tires.. most discount programs only cover big truck tires I thought.

Dale

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Most times this is true, but we set ours up to cover the vans as well.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Florence ya'll :)

A bit of a barn burner down to here...single box, 12 lbs. ASAP.

9:30 protect....8:00 if at all possible...got it here about 7:30. I got an AWESOME! when they realized what I had :D

ohiomike08

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Headed to that dead, dead, dead zone down south... and without AC. I must be crazy, or in need of money. I have confidence in our crack dispatch crew, that I won't sit long.

Sent from my PC36100 using EO Forums

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Arrived Chicago a bit ago. Got seminar in the morning and them an alliance carrier event in the afternoon evening.

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
Haven't had a load sense Friday. Moved to st Louis today to try my luck. This week has been a very bad one all around. I just need a few days at home to re charge and should be good

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Haven't had a load sense Friday. Moved to st Louis today to try my luck. This week has been a very bad one all around. I just need a few days at home to re charge and should be good

Me either... trying to hang in there.

Had one nibble last night, short run to Detroit , but no hook set.

Me

Sent from my SPH-D700 using EO Forums

nottoold1961

Active Expediter
Unloaded in Indy this mor. What a storm in TN last night. 2-3 inches of rain a hour and wind gusts to 60. Nice light show also. Then heavy fog in IN. It's not a job, but an adventure.

guido4475

Not a Member
First Texas nibble in 10 days. I feel lucky today :rolleyes::p

As difficult as it was to politely say no to a run going to Laredo, I'm glad I did, after seeing and hearing of how difficult it is to get out of there, as hard as dispatch is trying. Something told me not to go. It seems as if Laredo is becoming home to the freight rate bottom feeders.