September Locations & Banter

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Good morning.I can't sleep..Almost ready to go...Thanks, everyone for you're concern about my Dad.He was finally released yesterday.He's looking and feeling good now.What are the chances of 2 T.V's going out in the same week?? Mom and Dad have their Christmas present coming on Weds, a HDTV-LED-LCD Toshiba.No T.V. is like the kiss of death to 82 year old parents.

Had the rear end on the van checked out Friday night.It is all nice and clean, minimal wear inside.Axle bearings are in real good shape.Replaced the seals, and fluid.That is not the problem.Had him change the fuel filter while he was under there as well.I put the rear stabilizer bar and airtabs on and cleaned the air filter, and went over the van as best as I could yesterday.Lightened up the van some more.Love the new Turtle approved seat cushions.I now have a happy butt! I may have a sticky caliper, but not for sure, we think.If that is the case, I'm done with those, and all of them will be replaced soon.Not going to chase a problem into the winter.loaded the van up with the proper winter clothing.Should be ready to go Sun night.Strange thing is, I haven't washed the van the whole time I've been home....lol..Once again, thank you for the concern about Dad.

Glad he's better Guido..

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good morning.I can't sleep..Almost ready to go...Thanks, everyone for you're concern about my Dad.He was finally released yesterday.He's looking and feeling good now.What are the chances of 2 T.V's going out in the same week?? Mom and Dad have their Christmas present coming on Weds, a HDTV-LED-LCD Toshiba.No T.V. is like the kiss of death to 82 year old parents.

Had the rear end on the van checked out Friday night.It is all nice and clean, minimal wear inside.Axle bearings are in real good shape.Replaced the seals, and fluid.That is not the problem.Had him change the fuel filter while he was under there as well.I put the rear stabilizer bar and airtabs on and cleaned the air filter, and went over the van as best as I could yesterday.Lightened up the van some more.Love the new Turtle approved seat cushions.I now have a happy butt! I may have a sticky caliper, but not for sure, we think.If that is the case, I'm done with those, and all of them will be replaced soon.Not going to chase a problem into the winter.loaded the van up with the proper winter clothing.Should be ready to go Sun night.Strange thing is, I haven't washed the van the whole time I've been home....lol..Once again, thank you for the concern about Dad.

so did you spray them with some lubricant?.....

Foggy here in London Ky.....scratch this Walmart....not a level spot in the lot unless you get real close to the doors....one heck of a slope....might move to the next one up the road...

guido4475

Not a Member
so did you spray them with some lubricant?.....

Foggy here in London Ky.....scratch this Walmart....not a level spot in the lot unless you get real close to the doors....one heck of a slope....might move to the next one up the road...

Yes I did, and re-applied some more caliper slide lubricant as well to the caliper slipes, hoping this may do the trick.

What you need is one of those hydraulic self leveling systems found on motorhomes.....lol..

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yes I did, and re-applied some more caliper slide lubricant as well to the caliper slipes, hoping this may do the trick.

What you need is one of those hydraulic self leveling systems found on motorhomes.....lol..

that be less work then the 2x4's I am using....LOL

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Is fleetvision down? not coming up for me on IE..

just tried on firefox and it won't come up there...must be fleetvision..

Last edited:

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Fiber cut has taken a number of the Sylectus servers offline. We are in the process if switching over to our back up servers. But FV will be down for a while.

Last edited:

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
From Sylectus

On Sunday, September 30, around 3 pm. Eastern time, there was a major fiber cut near our data center. The company managing the data center is working to repair the service. Our service provider is estimating service to be restored by 7 pm Eastern time. As you can imagine, anyone that uses this major fiber link is affected.

Sylectus is working with our server provider to find alternative routes to the data center.

Please stand by for further news. We will let you know the moment we find out.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Thought I was hearing things...thunder and then a huge downpour...first real rain I've seen in months!!

So I guess someone will let me know when you get a trip eh? ol judyvision isn't too clear at the moment:)

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Crazy but you are like number 2 or 3 in the whole system.

I do not like the NLM/GM system or rules at all.

I wonder what will happen to solo drivers if mandatory EOBRs are imposed upon us - because we won't be able to absorb the detention [unless FMCSA can be persuaded to reinstate the split sleeper as it was before 03] and still make direct deliveries, in too many cases.
Before 03, we could log it as sleeper, [which it was: we took a nap when we could get it, lol] and it pushed the 14 hr clock out, so we didn't complain [much] about the detention time, and the customers got used to it. The change in the split sleeper didn't force the customers or carriers to address the issue [as it should have], it just prompted a demand for teams. Expedite needs solos, though, to cover the shorter loads that don't make sense for teams to take.
How many miles can we 'guarantee' direct delivery, if we may have to account for up to 4 hours detention in the allotted 14?

Just another reason [if anyone needed one:rolleyes:] to let someone else have those customers whose demands are unreasonable, IMO.
Make that ludicrous: a driver's time is limited and monitored by federal law, and they don't need to acknowledge that, much less pay for the time they waste?

My last delivery, I waited 45 minutes for the ONE available dock [of dozens] for expedite to be free, then another 45 before the green light - what if I had only an hour [of the 14] left when I arrived? How could I legally drive to a parking place off site? Why must I keep choosing between the rock of FMCSA's regs and the hard place of 'customer's requirements'?
I know what my own experiences have been, I'm just hoping the carriers are collecting and aggregating the data to force some changes, or detention is going to eliminate solos from expedite.
This has been bothering me for awhile, does it show?

:rolleyes: