September Locations & Banter

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Good mornin Sunshine! Still working on my first cuppa joe and admiring the autumn colors..funny thing...the elms seem to be the last thing to change?

nottoold1961

Active Expediter
I think we are done running to Laredo. There was shots fired from the Mexico side of the border last night. and one grenade shot at a border patrol. In Eagle pass the was three people hit with gun fire from a cross the border. This was caught on video. You should have seen the banners that they hung on the overpasses yesterday to warn against this. All written in Spanish. The drug lords are trying to show who is in charge down here, and it is targeted against Americans.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
odds of getting shot are probably greater in Chicago....as long as the Mexicans keep shooting each other...less coming here....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Looking like Rocketman fished this hole out....maybe I shoulda went south?....crap shoot....looking towards another spot if nothing pans here in a couple..

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Tough spot down there ...... Knoxville was stacked up earlier this week.
thinking of something completely off the wall....for my next move....
P.S. having night mares I'll get the same load you got earlier and end up...well you know.....LOL

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What did i tell you about that thinking stuff.

Sent from my Fisher Price X900 via EO Forums

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yes, it's the weekend, September 29th, the day before the all-important September 30th deadline to get the QC updated. And I've been here all morning to get my QC updated. And there's no one here to do it. And isn't that just awesome.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
"Oh, yeah, he'll be there in the morning. We have a lot of trucks that need to get the update." Whoops.

On my way up here I got a call about a stranded Load 1 driver. His engine blew up on him in his 15 year old straight truck. No point in putting $15,000 into it so he sold it for scrap (and got a very good price on it from a shop that could have easily taken advantage of him), but needed a way home. I stopped off in Bowling Green, KY and picked him and 15 years of accumulated crap up and off to Auburn Hills we went. He only had about 2 hours sleep in the last 2 days, so he slept on the bunk most of the way. Got him home safe and sound.

He had been considering getting a new truck, but now he's thinking maybe a Sprinter. :D

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Ok. Did the Great Lakes Convoy and then did me a nap! Time to be productive.

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1348957022433.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348957022433.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 64

guido4475

Not a Member
Good morning.I can't sleep..Almost ready to go...Thanks, everyone for you're concern about my Dad.He was finally released yesterday.He's looking and feeling good now.What are the chances of 2 T.V's going out in the same week?? Mom and Dad have their Christmas present coming on Weds, a HDTV-LED-LCD Toshiba.No T.V. is like the kiss of death to 82 year old parents.

Had the rear end on the van checked out Friday night.It is all nice and clean, minimal wear inside.Axle bearings are in real good shape.Replaced the seals, and fluid.That is not the problem.Had him change the fuel filter while he was under there as well.I put the rear stabilizer bar and airtabs on and cleaned the air filter, and went over the van as best as I could yesterday.Lightened up the van some more.Love the new Turtle approved seat cushions.I now have a happy butt! I may have a sticky caliper, but not for sure, we think.If that is the case, I'm done with those, and all of them will be replaced soon.Not going to chase a problem into the winter.loaded the van up with the proper winter clothing.Should be ready to go Sun night.Strange thing is, I haven't washed the van the whole time I've been home....lol..Once again, thank you for the concern about Dad.