September Locations & Banter

ohiomike08

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Delivered in Toledo last night, truck back in the yard, now I drive home and go through a deposition on Friday and again on Tuesday. Hopefully I'll be back Wednesday. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using EO Forums

nottoold1961

Active Expediter
After sitting at the shippers for 6 hours. we were only 2 hours late getting to Laredo. from the original delivery time. And 5 hours early for the new time. Would like some feed back on how long is to long to Wait at a shipper on theses GM loads that they don't want to pay detention time for? I understand they get 2 hours free, but come on. sitting for 6 hours.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
At hoekstra troy oil change.

Sent from my Fisher Price X900 via EO Forums

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
loaded with short 1 over to Grand Rapids.

Dale

Sent from my SPH-D700 using EO Forums

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
After sitting at the shippers for 6 hours. we were only 2 hours late getting to Laredo. from the original delivery time. And 5 hours early for the new time. Would like some feed back on how long is to long to Wait at a shipper on theses GM loads that they don't want to pay detention time for? I understand they get 2 hours free, but come on. sitting for 6 hours.

Too bad if they don't want to pay...the 2 hrs is more then plenty!

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Wierd weather day..almost humid and I can smell the rain...just can't see it. Must be so dry the sky is sucking it up..

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Delivered in Grand Rapids, (seen some chef dude in a parking lot when I stopped to get fuel!).. now going to pick up another short one back over to Fowlerville. The 2 added together make for an ok day.. if I can just get one or two more, this week will be pretty decent one. Already best one I've had in 2 months :) I sure hope the slow down is over!

Dale

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I am about to do that myself...Can't believe almost 48 hrs in Lansing without a decent call....but it is what it is...

Crazy but you are like number 2 or 3 in the whole system.

I do not like the NLM/GM system or rules at all.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've always gotten paid after the first 2 hours from NLM.....the thing is you have to give them 2 hours on the front end of a load and 2 on the backside of a load...total is 4....thing is...once you have the 2 hours in on a pro number.....any wait time after that should be payable...

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Well, I felt sorry for dispatch...they called, begged, threatened, twisted my arm etc.... to get me to take a run to the Columbus area...on a Friday no less... after relentless pressure, they broke me :D

Me

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Well, I felt sorry for dispatch...they called, begged, threatened, twisted my arm etc.... to get me to take a run to the Columbus area...on a Friday no less... after relentless pressure, they broke me :D

Me

LOL...poor baby! :D