Sept 2015 locations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just picked up in Jersey. Nice place, , you have to stand in line to get to a window, which has glass with a little tiny hole to communicate thru. 1 feet from the window there is a line on the floor. If you stand in front of the line they ignore you and call the person behind you, if you approàch the window before they call you they send you to the back of the line. Bet you can guess what happens if you get to the front of the line and you are holding a cell phone? Yup.

In a few weeks I will have to register my truck in NJ. When I get to the DMV, instead of plates that say "NJ the Garden State", I am going to ask for " NJ the Friendly State"

So the Soup Man has a new job. " no load for you!"

ysracer

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just picked up in Jersey. Nice place, , you have to stand in line to get to a window, which has glass with a little tiny hole to communicate thru. 1 feet from the window there is a line on the floor. If you stand in front of the line they ignore you and call the person behind you, if you approàch the window before they call you they send you to the back of the line. Bet you can guess what happens if you get to the front of the line and you are holding a cell phone? Yup.

In a few weeks I will have to register my truck in NJ. When I get to the DMV, instead of plates that say "NJ the Garden State", I am going to ask for " NJ the Friendly State"

I've been to that place. Took 4 times in line before I had all the information they wanted, just the way they wanted it...

Yowpuggy

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think they're used to be so low on the food chain that they move up an inch and think they're top.

Ftransit

Veteran Expediter
Driver

Yes, I was there once, they also required the storage fee before they would release load to us...I was in that line 3 different times because kept getting wrong info from broker.

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
Got to see my first tractor on tractor accident today. While taking a breaking while out driving we stop at a truck along a factory. A dry van was backing and a tanker was also back up and they collided. Scary moment but the D.O.T. Bumpers saved the day and got bent up but didn't hit the actual tanker

Reactions: vandriver2

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Got to see my first tractor on tractor accident today. While taking a breaking while out driving we stop at a truck along a factory. A dry van was backing and a tanker was also back up and they collided. Scary moment but the D.O.T. Bumpers saved the day and got bent up but didn't hit the actual tanker
Yep, you do see a lot of wild, unfortunate things out here.

Reactions: KickStarter6

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Blizzard, no offense intended here Man but how do you ADD a Deduction. $1 minus .50 = .50. You ran a Load for 50 cents per mile. Just trying to understand how you see you got paid One Dollar per Mile. No comprendo aqui.

It is like OVM says; It's a deduction you get for every mile you drive. I was just joking about that part (I'm not sure who all got the joke though) but the lower rates that are coming because of the low price of fuel right now is no joke. It will give the bottom feeder drivers more wiggle room (and the bottom feeder companies will use it as an excuse to offer their bottom feeding drivers loads for under 80 cents per mile). Just like if your carrier knew your truck got 100 miles to the gallon (this is just an exaggeration) they wouldn't continue to pay you your rate. They would lower their bid rate to get more loads, because you are getting better fuel mileage, and you can now operate your business cheaper. Their 20 percent would never change no matter how low they go on a bid. Carriers always make their margins! This is a bad way to do business.

Any how, it wouldn't be worth it to drive a van without the fifty cent per mile mileage deduction. You would go broke out here. If you had to file taxes on your total income of lets say 70k, and had to pay 10k in social security and Medicare taxes, and another fifteen thousand in state and federal income tax, short term disability, unemployment taxes, and health insurance, you wouldn't make squat out here. If cargo van drivers had to pay regular taxes like everyone else, MacDonald's workers would be earning more money than you do working only 40 hours per week, and they wouldn't have to drive on the ice. Once the minimum wage reaches 15 dollars per hour, them checkers at Wal-Mart will be making more money than us current and former cargo van drivers. And the kicker is that they won't have to fork over thousands of dollars in start-up capital to do so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.