Rush to Judgement

Status
Not open for further replies.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Six more and counting.........

GEICO, John Deere, St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Connecticut, Stamps.com, Bethesda Sedation Dentistry and Cascades Dental.

Ouch!!!

And this is SO important, why? :confused: Rush is just ANOTHER talking head. No one of any real importance. Less dangerous than Obama, that is for sure.

witness23

Veteran Expediter
There is a flesh and blood person named Rush. His radio personality is NOT what I was speaking of. There was NO "Fred Sandford" as in the character on that show.

Fred Sanford was 'played' by a real person, 'Red Fox' a somewhat funny but foul mouthed comedian.

For someone to question my ability to determine who is a real, flesh and blood, person and who is a 'pretend, imaginary' tv character speaks volumes.

Ya just don't get it do ya?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Ya just don't get it do ya?

Get what? That I know that Rush is real and Fred is not? That what Rush does, or not de makes absolutely NO difference in my life at all?

Talking heads do not matter, scum like Barry, matter. He has power over life and death.

On a different point. This is NOT pointing a finger at you or in any way suggesting that you believe this. I am hoping, based on your 'screen name' that you can make some sense of the following for me.

I have met one or two 'fundamentalists' (for lack of a better term) who 'claimed' (cannot confirm nor deny if they were telling the truth) that they NEVER read novels because they were "lies". The said that if God did not write it, it was a lie.

I asked them how Christ's use of parables fit into that belief, since they were made up stories to prove a point, they had no answer.

Are you familure with these beliefs?

I asked one how they

witness23

Veteran Expediter
Get what? That I know that Rush is real and Fred is not? That what Rush does, or not de makes absolutely NO difference in my life at all?

Rush is playing a character just as Red Foxx was playing the character of Fred Sanford.

Talking heads do not matter, scum like Barry, matter. He has power over life and death.

Unfortunately he does matter, he is the unofficial mouthpiece of the GOP. If he wasn't, you would have more Republicans coming out against his remarks that he made to a private citizen who does not have a platform to defend herself.

On a different point. This is NOT pointing a finger at you or in any way suggesting that you believe this. I am hoping, based on your 'screen name' that you can make some sense of the following for me.

I have met one or two 'fundamentalists' (for lack of a better term) who 'claimed' (cannot confirm nor deny if they were telling the truth) that they NEVER read novels because they were "lies". The said that if God did not write it, it was a lie.

I asked them how Christ's use of parables fit into that belief, since they were made up stories to prove a point, they had no answer.

Are you familure with these beliefs?

Seriously? What does that have to do with anything? If you were truly sincere in wanting to know my opinion on that subject you could've PM'd me your concerns. :rolleyes:

I asked one how they

I don't think you finished your thought.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Rush is playing a character just as Red Foxx was playing the character of Fred Sanford.

Unfortunately he does matter, he is the unofficial mouthpiece of the GOP. If he wasn't, you would have more Republicans coming out against his remarks that he made to a private citizen who does not have a platform to defend herself.

Seriously? What does that have to do with anything? If you were truly sincere in wanting to know my opinion on that subject you could've PM'd me your concerns. :rolleyes:

I don't think you finished your thought.

He is NOT a mouth piece for the GOP, unofficial our other wise. What makes anyone think that?

Sorry I asked. Was just wondering. Won't bother you again.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
He is NOT a mouth piece for the GOP, unofficial our other wise. What makes anyone think that?

Sorry I asked. Was just wondering. Won't bother you again.

What makes him the unofficial mouthpiece is something he did. Remember the early days of his show? It was about ideas. At some point, he himself changed to the point where he became a shill for the GOP. I couldn't listen to him anymore. He's certainly not an official mouthpiece, but he's appointed himself as the unofficial one.

--

You know the problem with bad cops? They make the other 5% look bad.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
What makes him the unofficial mouthpiece is something he did. Remember the early days of his show? It was about ideas. At some point, he himself changed to the point where he became a shill for the GOP. I couldn't listen to him anymore. He's certainly not an official mouthpiece, but he's appointed himself as the unofficial one.

--

You know the problem with bad cops? They make the other 5% look bad.

Well, since the GOP does not know who they are it would be hard for him to be thier 'mouthpiece'. For him to be 'important' to me I would have to listen to his show.

I don't listen to Obama either, but HE is important, since he holds the power of life and death in his slimy little hands.

tallcal101

Veteran Expediter
I've been in transportation for 33 years as an executive and 5 years as an over the road driver.I'm currently V P Corporate Sales for a large west coast freight forwarding company.I don't own expediters an longer ,but I do use them from time to time as a corporate client of FEXCC.

I contune to get invitations weekly to stop by this website and say hi. Perhaps if you don't want me or my opinions around here, speak to the management and aske them to stop inviting me. But be honest about me my friend, I have far more knowledge about global logistics than you'll have in a life time, so please don't speak about the "needs to be in transportation" lie., it's every bit as much a part of my life as it is yours ( if indeed you still operate equipment).

Facebook has kind of taken the place of other outlets for me, to be honest, but I still have many friends in the expedite business and have always felt the love from this group.
How's Leo by the way, I hope well. I know he had some challenges.

Rush is digging deeper and deeper each day,Don Imus is starting to shovel dirt as well to help out.His fat behind may very well be on it's last legs, he represents the fringe wing nuts, not loyal caring Americans and corporate sponsers who can smell a lard butt idiot a mile away.

tallcal101

Veteran Expediter
Turtle, how's it hangin' man? Trollish perhaps, but please dispute the facts of the hissy fit I put forth here. I mean really, calling me names has nothing to do with the topic I introduced,does it? Who the heck is AMonger,and what's their excuse, seems like a which hunt out here these days, sorry to see that happening.Mr or Ms Monger, pleased to meet you, what about the facts I have wrong?

Oh well, I'll keep on supporting the only one who appears to have concerns for all Americans and a handle on his sanity.The Latino vote will decide the winner this time, I suggest these idots start reaching out for their vote( as w always did so well) if they think they have a chance.
I'll leave this page up all day for JimJammim Juke Joint Charley or anybody else.Hey Layout, glad your still around and Detroit Slim, I'm good man!!

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Turtle, how's it hangin' man? Trollish perhaps, but please dispute the facts of the hissy fit I put forth here. I mean really, calling me names has nothing to do with the topic I introduced,does it? Who the heck is AMonger,and what's their excuse, seems like a which hunt out here these days, sorry to see that happening.Mr or Ms Monger, pleased to meet you, what about the facts I have wrong?

Oh well, I'll keep on supporting the only one who appears to have concerns for all Americans and a handle on his sanity.The Latino vote will decide the winner this time, I suggest these idots start reaching out for their vote( as w always did so well) if they think they have a chance.
I'll leave this page up all day for JimJammim Juke Joint Charley or anybody else.Hey Layout, glad your still around and Detroit Slim, I'm good man!!

Been awhile since you have been around. Might be right on Obama, but if gas prices keep climbing, his chances start to tank against pretty much anyone. As for Rush Limbaugh, I don't know that he represents the GOP any more than Hannity or some of the others. I haven't listened to his show in quite some time so no idea what he talks about. Hannity does both tv and radio so I would think he would be bigger, but maybe not?

tallcal101

Veteran Expediter
Good to see you Dave, yes it's been a while. Hoping to have that long overdue book done by May. Already shopping agents, ugh, what a drag, awaiting the refusal letters, hoping for a miracle !

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Good to see you Dave, yes it's been a while. Hoping to have that long overdue book done by May. Already shopping agents, ugh, what a drag, awaiting the refusal letters, hoping for a miracle !

Gotta start somewhere.;)

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Turtle, how's it hangin' man? Trollish perhaps, but please dispute the facts of the hissy fit I put forth here.
It's hanging down and danglin' and slapping the post about a third of the way down. As for disputing what you've said, thanks, but I'm fine without it. I did that once, and you dismissed irrefutable facts because they didn't agree with your preconceived notions and beliefs. Besides, there are really very few facts in the hissy fit above. There are eight, possibly nine factual errors in your first paragraph alone. There are a few facts in the post, but mainly only to be used as a vehicle for a troll-like rant laden with buzzword and phrases to get others wound up. A simple discussion of the facts without the biased editorial comments would be much preferred. Except, for mer personally, how many advertisers Rush does or does not have, what he does or does not say, nor whether is is or is not on the air, I couldn't care less.

Frankly, I'm far more concerned and interested in the fact that Obama, Holder and the administration has suddenly, after more than 230 years, has suddenly and simply redefined the term "due process" to mean "having thought about it".

I mean really, calling me names has nothing to do with the topic I introduced,does it?
I wouldn't think so, no, you troll-like person, you.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
WestcoastShorty said:
I appreciate your willingness to leave it up near the top of the page.

To be clear, my problem with your post is that we both know that your intent was to try and get people fired up about what you pasted here in the Soapbox, then come back to see the 'firestorm'. Then you would come back and try to further the right wing wackos 'rage' before going back to the websites that you prefer.

I don't care whether your politics are conservative, liberal, or somewhere in between. I don't care if you are in the Transportation industry or not. My only problem with you is that you no longer want to be part of the community. You 'stop by' once every six months, and then post some BS, and then run back home to your side of the fence and hide out like a little child.

My opinion is that you should be welcome here if you would like to be an active member of the forum. As it is now you are a troll.

Have a great day, and I hope you prove me wrong.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Jammin Jim: I agree that TallCal should be welcome if he wants to participate, except we all know that anyone who is perceived as a liberal [much less a self admitted one] is not welcomed here. TC learned that from his own experience, same as a few others.

[Waving at Andy] I want to know when the book is published - you promised!

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
...and that he has something to do with the transportation industry.

The man himself explained his bonafides himself - satisfied?

And a command of the facts wouldn't hurt, either, though that's never been important to people from his side of the aisle.

Are you saying that people on the conservative side [like Rush] are in command of the facts? HAHAHAHAHAHA
Rush apologized for calling Ms Fluke a :censoredsign: & a prostitute, as if that was his only mistake, but it wasn't even close. He totally mischaracterized her testimony as being about the right to have sex, when it was nothing of the kind - except in his degenerate and slimy mind. He ignored every word about the legitimate uses of birth control pills for reasons that have nothing to do with sex, whether because he's too ignorant to grasp the reality or because he just has a filthy mind, I couldn't say - but there's no excuse for his public trashtalking, and he needs to hear that loud and clear.

How much do you have to hate America to wish for a double-digit win by the Obammunist?

About 1/100th as much as Romney, who is now suggesting we wage war on Iran, for starters.

2012: Ron Paul or not at all.
The lesser of two evils is still evil.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Jammin Jim: I agree that TallCal should be welcome if he wants to participate, except we all know that anyone who is perceived as a liberal [much less a self admitted one] is not welcomed here.
TC learned that from his own experience, same as a few others.

As I said in my post, I don't care what anyones political leanings are. Why would you think Libs are unwelcome? If it weren't for two sides being represented here the Soapbox would be an awfully boring place.

West side shorty no longer participates. He shows up twice a year to try and stir things and then runs away like a little child.

Status
Not open for further replies.