Rush to Judgement

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
As I said in my post, I don't care what anyones political leanings are. Why would you think Libs are unwelcome?

Because they are ridiculed [as when I found fault with the conservative position that they unemployed should be willing to move to ND for a job] until they give up. TC was, [though he drops in with a drive by once in awhile], and DougTravels was too, and now Witness is getting the 3rd degree, too.

If it weren't for two sides being represented here the Soapbox would be an awfully boring place.

Depends on your definition of boring, eh? Some [not you - you argue with restraint, in a good way] enjoy stirring the pot [or fanning the flames] just as much as TC, so it's hardly boring for them.

West side shorty no longer participates. He shows up twice a year to try and stir things and then runs away like a little child.

True dat. I wish he'd participate, but I remember how ugly it got when he did......

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Get what? That I know that Rush is real and Fred is not? That what Rush does, or not de makes absolutely NO difference in my life at all?

Talking heads do not matter, scum like Barry, matter. He has power over life and death.

On a different point. This is NOT pointing a finger at you or in any way suggesting that you believe this. I am hoping, based on your 'screen name' that you can make some sense of the following for me.

I have met one or two 'fundamentalists' (for lack of a better term) who 'claimed' (cannot confirm nor deny if they were telling the truth) that they NEVER read novels because they were "lies". The said that if God did not write it, it was a lie.

I asked them how Christ's use of parables fit into that belief, since they were made up stories to prove a point, they had no answer.

Are you familure with these beliefs?

I asked one how they

Speaking of getting off track.......

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
No it's not. It is about a Troll trying to annoy participants of this Forum. If you justify the Trolls post by responding to what he said you are falling for his childish antics.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Get what? That I know that Rush is real and Fred is not? That what Rush does, or not de makes absolutely NO difference in my life at all?

Talking heads do not matter, scum like Barry, matter. He has power over life and death.

On a different point. This is NOT pointing a finger at you or in any way suggesting that you believe this. I am hoping, based on your 'screen name' that you can make some sense of the following for me.

I have met one or two 'fundamentalists' (for lack of a better term) who 'claimed' (cannot confirm nor deny if they were telling the truth) that they NEVER read novels because they were "lies". The said that if God did not write it, it was a lie.

I asked them how Christ's use of parables fit into that belief, since they were made up stories to prove a point, they had no answer.

Are you familure with these beliefs?

I asked one how they

Speaking of getting off track.......

I just happened to think of some things I had run into. I only thought I would ask him to clarify. NOT the same as what was going on in this thread as late, He chose not to answer, I am dissapointed I was looking forward to some insight.

What has been going on of late is only being done to cause trouble.

Now, get back on track please.

Must be a full moon.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
What has been going on of late is only being done to cause trouble.
Asking a person to be an active participant is done to cause problems? But a drive by poster pasting some stuff for the sole purpose of stirring the pot is not?????

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Asking a person to be an active participant is done to cause problems? But a drive by poster pasting some stuff for the sole purpose of stirring the pot is not?????

I have to check the moon phases. I was TRYING to stop it from getting personal. I THOUGHT I did not mention anyone in particular. Was not meaning too.

Why is everyone so touchy tonight?

Sorry, back to my hockey game. Not going well for the Wings right now.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
No it's not. It is about a Troll trying to annoy participants of this Forum. If you justify the Trolls post by responding to what he said you are falling for his childish antics.

If trying to annoy participants is troll behavior, then ChefDennis has been guilty of it many times over. He says so himself. Gleefully, in fact.
I agree that TC ought to stick around and defend his comments, or not make them.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I have to check the moon phases. I was TRYING to stop it from getting personal. I THOUGHT I did not mention anyone in particular. Was not meaning too.

Not touchy - just don't care to be 'corrected' by someone who is guilty of the same exact thing on numerous occasions.

Like this one^^^.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Not touchy - just don't care to be 'corrected' by someone who is guilty of the same exact thing on numerous occasions.

Like this one^^^.

*SIGH* Heaven forbid just trying to 'calm' things down. It was headed for getting personal and that is NEVER good.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
If trying to annoy participants is troll behavior, then ChefDennis has been guilty of it many times over. He says so himself. Gleefully, in fact.
I agree that TC ought to stick around and defend his comments, or not make them.

Yeap, that I do and have said probably about 3-3.5 yrs ago "get use to it, cause I AIN'T GOIN NO WHERE"....And that is Jims point, I am not "hit and run" ....:)

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Yeap, that I do and have said probably about 3-3.5 yrs ago "get use to it, cause I AIN'T GOIN NO WHERE"....And that is Jims point, I am not "hit and run" ....:)

Neither was TallCal, for a long time, and he wasn't treated with any more respect or civility then, either. Which probably has something to do with why he doesn't hang around anymore.
I said he shouldn't do the drive by posts, but I thought it might help to point out that he used to be a frequent participant, and was ragged on without mercy for being a [scumsucking] liberal. It doesn't excuse the behavior, just explains it.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
...and that he has something to do with the transportation industry.

The man himself explained his bonafides himself - satisfied?

And a command of the facts wouldn't hurt, either, though that's never been important to people from his side of the aisle.

Are you saying that people on the conservative side [like Rush] are in command of the facts? HAHAHAHAHAHA
Rush apologized for calling Ms Fluke a :censoredsign: & a prostitute, as if that was his only mistake, but it wasn't even close. He totally mischaracterized her testimony as being about the right to have sex, when it was nothing of the kind - except in his degenerate and slimy mind. He ignored every word about the legitimate uses of birth control pills for reasons that have nothing to do with sex, whether because he's too ignorant to grasp the reality or because he just has a filthy mind, I couldn't say - but there's no excuse for his public trashtalking, and he needs to hear that loud and clear.

How much do you have to hate America to wish for a double-digit win by the Obammunist?

About 1/100th as much as Romney, who is now suggesting we wage war on Iran, for starters.

2012: Ron Paul or not at all.
The lesser of two evils is still evil.

Taking Rush Limbaugh out of the picture, the real issue is who should pay for birth control. So far, I don't see anyone being denied access. Much of it for free. Just comes comes down to "should everyone pay"?
If we are going to say yes to this, then the question becomes, what else?

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Taking Rush Limbaugh out of the picture, the real issue is who should pay for birth control. So far, I don't see anyone being denied access. Much of it for free. Just comes comes down to "should everyone pay"?
If we are going to say yes to this, then the question becomes, what else?

LOL, it was pointed out today, that if a person at Georgetown knows how to use the university offer health care system, they pay for BC....:rolleyes:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
If the real issue is who should pay for it, then it's easy: insurers of health.
I don't understand the whole craziness over health care - the Feds mandated auto insurance and no one went postal, why is health care so much different?
Obama is in charge of representing all the citizens, and people who don't have health care [and consequently use the hospital emergency room for care] cost the taxpayers a lot. One way or another, we're paying for it, right? And isn't is in the best interests of society in general to provide more preventive care, as insurance encourages? [Birth control is a whole lot cheaper than pregnancy!]
What's the hysteria all about, really?

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter

Neither was TallCal, for a long time, and he wasn't treated with any more respect or civility then, either. Which probably has something to do with why he doesn't hang around anymore.
I said he shouldn't do the drive by posts, but I thought it might help to point out that he used to be a frequent participant, and was ragged on without mercy for being a [scumsucking] liberal. It doesn't excuse the behavior, just explains it.

Hmmmm so i was hammered on even by Conservatives and my skin was thick enough to hang around and not run away but as you said "a scumsucking liberal", isnt capable of that huh?? Hmm wow, kinda speaks volumes ...:) Wonder if he found and took his bat and ball when he left??? :)

Last edited:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
If the real issue is who should pay for it, then it's easy: insurers of health.
I don't understand the whole craziness over health care - the Feds mandated auto insurance and no one went postal, why is health care so much different?
Obama is in charge of representing all the citizens, and people who don't have health care [and consequently use the hospital emergency room for care] cost the taxpayers a lot. One way or another, we're paying for it, right? And isn't is in the best interests of society in general to provide more preventive care, as insurance encourages? [Birth control is a whole lot cheaper than pregnancy!]
What's the hysteria all about, really?

It is really more of a constitutional issue than just a political one. Should the government mandate everyone eat broccoli because it is good for them? That is the problem. As for auto insurance, it isn't mandated. If you live in NY and ride the subway, no one is forcing you to buy auto insurance.

Status
Not open for further replies.