Ron Paul "Funny" Headlines

witness23

Veteran Expediter
It was a serious question

That's the problem.

This was in Rlents first sentence:
The purpose of this thread is to report the funniest headlines (meaning funny, humorous or just plain silly)

and I was NOT trying to kill the thread.

Well, you did. But with a little help, we might be able to resuscitate it.

I believe that the media's influence on elections is fading. People are finally starting to see past much of the medias Bullonie and same are starting to think for themselves a bit. Just as I believe that an "endorsement" from a newspaper holds little sway.

Sounds like a good subject for another thread.

I contend that most who read blogs only read blogs that they agree with. So I don't believe that the "blogs" have as big an effect at the media, or the bloggers, believe that they do.

"Ron Paul Funny Headlines"

In case you forgot, that's the title of thread. So you know what I did? I "googled" Ron Paul and looked at the "Headlines" that came up. Lo and behold, one caught my eye, Ron Paul, Betty White. I thought to myself, "self, this might be funny". So I clicked on it, then linked it and said this:

The title struck me as funny and actually a good anology of Mr. Paul's popularity as of late.

It's not a "hit-piece" or a minimization of Mr. Paul, but I thought it was humorous in a good way.

Your participation in this thread has been irrelevant at best so far. Maybe you would like to share a headline or two that fits the request of the OP.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Many would like to hear valid opposing views, which is why more and more are getting fed up being "spoon fed" the "status quo" every time they turn on the news. I for one am more than fed up with it. I am also fed up with candidates floating "plans" with no specifics. They are all guilty of that.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Many would like to hear valid opposing views, which is why more and more are getting fed up being "spoon fed" the "status quo" every time they turn on the news. I for one am more than fed up with it. I am also fed up with candidates floating "plans" with no specifics. They are all guilty of that.

Not true.......9-9-9 :D

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Not all .... :D

Maybe another thread. I was reading some interesting stuff on Mr. Paul earlier today. I will see if I can find it again. I have no idea who wrote it. Don't know if it was accurate or not. If I find it again I will post it in a new thread so you can comment.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
On topic: my favorite headline was The Daily Beast, Oct 4 [can't find the link now, sorry]: "Cain takes second in straw vote"
Guess who took first? You have to guess, because it took them several paragraphs to concede that Dr Paul won.
The media's efforts to ignore the elephant in the room are hilarious - and doomed.
Maybe they just don't know how to deal with a candidate who has genuine integrity, because they haven't seen any before.....