Request For Pro Paperwork

MR.SNAPPY

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Who had this bright Ideal to start sending me this message on the QC...I would think that if I wanted to get paid I would be sending in my paper work.

I transflo my paper work every Friday or Saturday. have been for a year and seems to be working fine for me.

Now twice this week I have been taking a good nap and the QC goes off and thinking I have got a load offer only to find it's this unnecessary message ..REQUEST FOR PAPERWORK..

What paper work, I sent this in Friday night. of course the people in payroll go home on Friday and will not see this until Monday morning!!

I would think we would be better off if they would spend more time looking to find us loads than sending useless messages......Just my opinion!!!!!!!

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
This is a double edge sword to me. On one hand i had scuba diving on my mind for this weekend and friday night i passed a t/a and went hmmmmm i was suposed to stop in for something hmmmmmm oh well it must not have been important. Then on saturday while i was making supper i heard the qc go off and it was for last monday's pro. Bingo the light went on thats why i was suposed to stop at the t/a. I was planing on diving on sunday also had this not happened i wouldnt have gotten my paperwork in on time.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Apparently, no one will claim ownership of the idea, at least not publicly. I do know they much prefer paperwork to be sent in more often, like within 24 hours of delivery, and certainly by the third day after delivery, rather than once a week, especially if that "once a week" is on a Friday or Saturday or Sunday, since that makes for a crushing deluge on Monday in having to go through them all.

FWIW, I scan mine from the truck usually, but whether it's from the truck or from a truck stop, I will rarely go to bed after a delivery without sending in my paperwork. The load isn't complete until the paperwork is sent in.

DATED: JUNE 19, 2009
PANTHER PARTNERS,
NEW PAPERWORK REQUEST MACRO
A NEW MACRO (59) WILL BE INSTALLED
MONDAY 6/22/09. THIS MACRO WILL BE
SENT TO THE TRUCK ON THE 3RD AND 7TH
DAY PAST THE DELIVERY DATE OF A PRO
IN WHICH NO PAPERWORK HAS BEEN
RECEIVED AT PANTHER. THE MACRO WILL
INCLUDE THE PRO NUMBER AND DELIVERY
DATE.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE
CALL A DRIVER RELATIONS REPRESENTATIVE
THANKS AND BE SAFE

Last edited:

panther_art

Expert Expediter
I sent mine in after every load, and I have been getting that message for every load I did this week. I go to the the drivers web site and it shows loads received so if next week I get the same message I am going to resend all my loads in again.

hondaking38

Veteran Expediter
another thing that changed with time...(must need the money more now)....a few years ago, the general consensus was mail it in after every 1000 miles worth of loads...but now that might take a couple weeks instead of a couple days!! Obominate it.....that has got to work as well as the stimulus...

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I think a lot of folks sit on the paperwork for a extended time, or send it all in at once on Friday.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'd send it all in on Tue or Wed if I was doing it weekly. That way they have a few days to get it in the system before they take off for the weekend and the computer automatically "greets" you.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
I scan paperwork at the end of each load and it sometimes it takes a few days to show "received". It's going to be irritating if we start getting messages if we have scanned and they haven't processed it.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It's going to be irritating if we start getting messages if we have scanned and they haven't processed it.

Especially on dry runs where I clearly and in large print write on the pro bill DRY RUN. NO BOL PROVIDED.

Two days later I check and find no BOL received.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
I've had the same thing happen! We delivered this morning, I scanned before we even left the consignee (2 hours ago). We are on another load now, and when I checked the web, it says that the POD and BOL have not been received. :cool:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
When you can it, it actually goes directly into the system, but it does take a little time for them to look at it and confirm that everything's there, check the FSC and accessorials, and enter it into the payroll system. That's the reason for the delay.