Rene'

FAMOUS AMOS

Expert Expediter
OK...Today is saturday. Should be the day after Rene's surgery. Would like to know if she is doing ok and if there is anything you guys need? Please let us know.

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
Thanks Amos for asking. Yesterday, I posted this under a thread started by Highway Star so I reckon it's appropriate to repost here.

Thanks so much for the support, without which we could not have endured the news we just received this morning. Rene' has developed a kidney infection and the surgeon has rescheduled her operation for Monday, the 27th, so now we have another 10 days of anxiety.

I can't thank y'all enough for helping her to get thru a difficult time, not unlike that which many of you have gone thru or are now enduring. Rest assured that, as we feel the comfort of your prayers, we're returning the sentiments right back to every one of you.

Our best wishes to everyone of you great folks

Terry and Rene

tom tinker

Expert Expediter
Terry Sorry to hear about kidney infection delay, that should be a good day for surgery, on my birthday. See your bride is from Germany all my grand parents are from there long before East and West. I was in Fort Leonardwood 3 different times while in the Army. Could these things be part of why I feel like old friends?? Thanks for moving your post over here,I didn't see it on the other line, this is where I go to follow this BIG prayer line.
I must be a good judge of charecter, felt close to you two right off.
You have given me words of encouragement and great advice, from postings I have read here lots of others as well.
In our prayers
Tom & Diane G.R. Mi.:) :D

vango

Expert Expediter
Terry, keep your chin up, because all of us out here together have a"huge"shoulder for you to lean on if needed.We are all in this together with you ,so never think your alone in times of prayer,need ,hope and faith.Collectively,we ,the expediters expect one of our own to be cared for and be protected. Cant wait to see ya'll back on the road and having a cup of coffee with us.It will be sooner than you think.May God Bless,and be by you and rene's side.

ratwell71

Veteran Expediter
Terry,

Just a quick thought. Is there a "Rene Fund" that we can donate to? I feel the need to ask because most of us out here are way under-insured and what insurance we do have does not cover the medical bills. Not to get too personal, but I thought I would ask if you needed anything?

Sincerely,

The Atwell Family

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
Wow! You folks are great to even think of such a thing, and no, we're not offended that you mention the idea; however, we've got two good insurance carriers and doctors that have, thus far, been agreeable to accepting the insurance company fee assignments. We're also fortunate to be able to weather the financial storm while we take hiatus from the expediting world. Once again, we're overwhelmed and greatful for the emotional support we've received from so many EO members and our colleagues at FedEx Custom Critical. We thank you all.

Terry and Rene'

Streakn1

Veteran Expediter
Dear Terry and Rene'

My apoligies for just getting around to posting this. My wife and I were deeply saddened to hear the news about Rene'. Our hearts and prayers are with you for a speedy recovery. WE met you two once at a shipper and only spoke for a few minutes, but we came away feeling that you both were really nice people. Rene' is a fighter and will win this battle.Both of you have many friends and supporters pulling for her. We will be waiting and watcthing for updates.

horseman

Expert Expediter
Dear Rene,

My wife and I were saddened to learn of your recent diagnosis. Rest assured that our thoughts and prayers are with you through this illness and complete recovery. (remember that in this day and age, cancer is more often than not beaten) We are also walking for Relay For Life this spring and please know that we will devote our hopefully many miles in your name as well as that of my mother. Once again keep up the fight and don't ever lose your well documented enthusiasm for life!!

Jerry and Sarah Stewart

TranStewart Trucking

elton10

Expert Expediter
Hello to you both.I've never met either of you but Ive enjoyed your posts and consider you friends. Know my prayers and thoughts are with you

wrongwaylinda

Seasoned Expediter
Terry,
So sorry to hear about Rene'. I never had the chance to meet her, but did meet you a few times. One time you even joked with me and told me you bet I thought you were just making her up and you didn't realy have a co-driver, but I heard from other about Rene', so I knew you were telling me the truth. I was based out of South Bend, IN then and we were still using the Roberts Logo.

Rene' will be in my prayers along with the prayers for my sister, who also has been fighting cancer. She has had many miracles since diagnosed with Colon cancer and they had only given her 2 years to live. It has now going on 13 years, and even though she is still fighting the cursed disease and it has attached her lungs and liver. So there is hope!

God Bless you both, and a card will be on it's way.

Linda

theoldprof

Veteran Expediter
Here's hoping for the best for Rene'. I am in the midst of a family crisis of my own, and have not been able to give Rene' my best wishes. I met her at the Louisville truck show, and she impressed me as a very nice lade.

Get well, Rene'. :+ :+

G

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I went through a cancer diagnosis with my father in 2004 and I know it is a terrifying experience. I have learned much from reading your posts and have enjoyed getting to know you on this site. I pray that you and Rene will be blessed with peace and strength during this difficult time.

Mike Lawson

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
RAtwell:

Thanx for asking and praying. All our prayers have been answered; the issue with her kidneys is resolved and she'll be operated on at noon, Monday the 27th. I'll post the news of a successful operation when we get her home after a brief stay. The dozens of cards and letters Rene' has received have been quite inspirational in helping each of us though these anxious moments. We thank you all.

Terry

TJ959

Veteran Expediter
Rene will certainly be in my thoughts and prayers on monday. Hang in there Terry. I know from personal experience how helpless and stressed you can feel when your spouse is going through a medical crisis. Things do seem to have a way of working out most of the time though. ... Please keep us all posted how things are going.

tr

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Rene and Terry. Our prayers and thoughts will be with both of you and we are hoping for the "all clear report" You guys hang in there, we are with you. God Bless. TR

bigjoep89

Expert Expediter
Concrete truck driver 15 years
Concrete sales mgr, 13 years.
Expediter One Year.
God bless our Military and Vets.

A big ole good luck wish from Kansas. Hope all works out well and our prayers and thoughts are with you.
Joe And Robin.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Terry - with all the emotions & concerns that are swirling around in your head right now, add this one as an occasional life preserver to hold onto in the whirlpool: Life is full of surprises, many of which are really good ones.
I add my hopes for a wonderful outcome. Cheri