Rene'

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
My bride of 31 years is having a tough emotional time in her life as she strugggles with the recent surprise of a diagnosis of cancer. We've seen several physicians, oncologists and a surgeon, have had numerous tests, one exploritory surgery and she is now facing a major surgery next friday, St. Patrick's Day.

I mention this for two reasons. Many of you would be interested to know of her condition because you have met Rene' at the EO booth at any one of the five Expedite Expos and numerous MATS we've attended to share our experiences with expediting and the promotion of Expeditersonline. Perhaps others know her from meetings at any number of locations, including our home, during our 17 years of travels with Roberts Express and now FedEx Custom Critical. Those of you that haven't meet her will perhaps do so in the future.

My other reason is a request that our fellow EO members, friends and expediters will remember Rene' with a card and a cherful and encouraging word. Thus far, I've noticed the pleasure she gets from the kind words and thoughts of friends and family. She never uses the computer so she's not aware of my requst for a card from those of you so inclined to send one. I thank you more than mere words can express. Her address is:

Rene' O'Connell
PO Box 1088
St. Peters, MO 63376

Terry

TJ959

Veteran Expediter
I would like you to know that you are not alone and a cancer diagnosis is serious but not hopeless. My wife of 40 years was diagnosed with advanced breast cancer when she was 39. She probably wouldn't appreciate my telling you this but she has been 39, 20 more times since. We have had our scares and recurrences but we've had 20 great years together since and we're not done yet. I wouldn't wish the uncertainty and worry on anyone but it sure doesn't have to be the end of the world. You both will be in our thoughts and prayers and we will send that card too.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My prayers, thoughts and best wishes are with you. All indications are that she has a good man standing by her side.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
This lady deserves more then a card..I have known her for many years and she is special. My wife and I have shared many a good time with Rene so lets do whatever it takes to help her through this difficult time. I think flowers would be appropiate but I don't believe they can be sent to a PO Box.

Also lets remember her guy,he is also having to go through this and he is one of us.

DocRushing

Expert Expediter
Terry and Rene:
Marda (Special K) joins me in expressing our sincere and profound concern for the two of you.
Marda is an RN with long experience in oncology, so she especially can feel much intense empathy for y'all.
May God bless each of you -- and both of you together.
Special blessings and best wishes,
Doc and Marda.

tom tinker

Expert Expediter
Hi Terry an Rene Sorry to read about your wifes condition we will be praying for the both of you and Doctors to do the best. I have only had short time of reading your posts and you answering some quetions I had felt closeness with your pictures changing, your answers always polite.
I'v had some scares if I would be around very long God has seen me through till 62 and 42 yrs same wife. He can do same for yous.
Sicerely Tom & Diane

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Grace and I have met you guys on numerous occassions, and it has always been a great experience and good time. Pass along our thoughts and encouragement to Rene for a speedy recovery.
We will meet up again soon.

Dave & Grace

Davekc
owner
21 years
PantherII
EO moderator

FAMOUS AMOS

Expert Expediter
Hi Terry, I feel the same way Tom Tinker does about your responses and the changing of the pics.

Hope all goes well. We will have you guys in our prayers. Hold your heads up...I'm sure she will be just fine. ;) The good Lord above will see to that.

Packmule

Expert Expediter
Terry & Rene',

We are sorry to hear of your news. My wife and I went through this in Dec. but were blessed with the news that it was benien. We can only begain to relate to what you two are feeling and going through.
I sincerely believe prayer and a positive attitude will get you through this.
Our prayers will be with you,

Danny & Arlana

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Terry,

You both will definately be in our prayers.

I'm also moving this thread to the General Forum so more visitors will see it. I know not everyone check the Laoding Dock as often.

Dreamer
Forums Administrator

DannyD

Veteran Expediter
Terry,

I want you to know that Rene will be in my thoughts. I hope she's able to get thru this & keep her spirits up. Nothing I can say here will make her well. I can only hopefully add support to what others on here have already tried to do.

I realize you've seen several doctors already, & gotten a wealth of information. My brother works in medical research, & one thing I'd like to add in case maybe it's been overlooked, but please make sure she gets plenty of oxygen & that the air she breathes is extra clean. By this I mean things like oxygenized water & an air purifier. This isn't meant to be in lieu of treatment, but just that every little bit can help.

Warmly & Best of Wishes to Rene,
Danny

FlameMerc

Expert Expediter
Terry& Rene, I met you both last year at the Detroit Expo. Had a great time and really enjoyed our visit and Talks. God will make it Right. Believe that. Look forward to many more meetings. God Bless........Butch

Peace2All

Expert Expediter
A PRAYER FOR STRENGTH

O Lord,
In this time of need, strengthen me. You are my strength and my shield; You are my refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. I know, Father, that Your eyes go to and fro throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts long for You. The body grows weary, but my hope is in You to renew my strength.
I do not fear, for You are with me.

I am not dismayed or overwhelmed, for You are my God. I know You will strengthen me and help me; that You will uphold me with Your righteous hand. Even as the shadows of illness cover me, I feel the comfort of Your strength, Or Lord.
Amen.

ratwell71

Veteran Expediter
Prayers to St. Peregrine
Patron Against Cancer

O good St. Peregrine, patron of those suffering from foot ailments, cancer, and incurable diseases, grant, we beseech you, relief from suffering to (Rene). In your compassion, we beg you to intercede with Our Lord Jesus Christ that mankind may soon find a cure for the dread disease of physical cancer as well as for the moral cancer which grips so much of our world today. Amen.

Sincerely,

The Atwell Family
Truck C2311
Fed-EX CC

MSinger

Expert Expediter
Terry & Rene'

I too will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers. I have never had the opportunity of meeting y'all yet I feel like I know you by your participation on this board. You are both a true asset to this forum and this profession.
Good luck on Friday and we will wish for a speedy recovery.
Please keep us posted.

Mark Singer
Martinsville, IN