Recruiting Manager at LRT Expedite

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am not a big fan of the multi - carrier platform....usually small operations, with small working capitol...and the drivers are the first to be screwed it would seem...they are a leech on the industry...just taking money out of your pocket and into theirs...another couple percentage points out of the money chain...I am not saying ALL are into this scam, their are some that are trying to grow their business and treating CV drivers right and trying to pay a fair rate...
Most of these scammers pick on the inexperienced and uninformed, we here only see the tip of the iceberg.. of course this just my opinion...

MCGohio1985

Active Expediter
I have have ran for several small company's and LRT was the worst i got payed only because i drove 4 hr to there office and made john pay me then i did not get my 1099 till the end of February wish i could get the both next to him at the expo this year lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using EO Forums

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
these problems u all r having with LRT , I did not have, but was rather busy running loads and yes they were not the highest paying, but I made money. John can be somewhat short and all, but Im not sitting in his chair. As for the payroll thing, he or they mailed me my checks, thats ok, Iwas running for 2 companies so it did not matter to me. I have no complaints, but most of the time Im easy going, and hey,,life is short, U take it like U find it and go from there and ur nerves will be better off.IMHO

2sweet

Seasoned Expediter
I like to keep running for you but I need to get payed. I have not got payed for loads ran on 4-23-12 4-25-12 5-16-12 and 5-21-12 get me up to date and I will call in.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
these problems u all r having with LRT , I did not have, but was rather busy running loads and yes they were not the highest paying, but I made money. John can be somewhat short and all, but Im not sitting in his chair. As for the payroll thing, he or they mailed me my checks, thats ok, Iwas running for 2 companies so it did not matter to me. I have no complaints, but most of the time Im easy going, and hey,,life is short, U take it like U find it and go from there and ur nerves will be better off.IMHO

I just have to ask...WHY? do you run for a carrier like this?....snail mail for your check, low paying runs....what made you chose this way?....just curious what is your thinking?

BigCat

Expert Expediter
I just have to ask...WHY? do you run for a carrier like this?....snail mail for your check, low paying runs....what made you chose this way?....just curious what is your thinking?

Couldn't agree more! Snail mail checks and from the looks of it no pay at all.

Mayfield Express

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Couldn't agree more! Snail mail checks and from the looks of it no pay at all.

Mayfield Express

and on top of that low pay, some of these guys have to pay their own primary insurance...

BigCat

Expert Expediter
Does that even leave a profit margin? Wouldn't one do better running their own authority keep all revenue generated?

Mayfield Express

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Does that even leave a profit margin? Wouldn't one do better running their own authority keep all revenue generated?

Mayfield Express

Lot more work to running on your own...when you are sleeping, your dispatcher is sleeping too..
unless ta had the other half looking for loads whilst ya sleep....she won't let ya cheap for sure....LOL

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Then I've heard some say, better to have more eyes on the load boards...well that just doesn't hold water.....a bigger carrier might have 10-12 sets of eyes looking for you....between all the depts. Internet marketing, partner group, international group, NLM group, plus general customer service group....all looking to acquire loads for you....

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy

I had low overhead, so I can run low if I choose, 85cpm thru 95cpm was the range, company no.2 paid more, so I was ok, made money, van paid for , no rent, no mortage,just me,and progressive, no qualcom fees, and lots of recreational driving. I learned, next time I will shop around more, things have changed as my van is grazing( shes to old now, but still would do the job, but to old for companies rules.)

Someone once said, drive less, make more,lol. good advice

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Wow!!! Sometimes I read posts about drivers not receiving pay and just figure the driver wasn't doing proper accounting but there seems to be an awful lot of the same complaints about this company. I wonder if places that accept paid ads like driver magazines and websites consider complaints like this or do they get the money upfront so they don't get burned. When you see all the complaints about non-payment from companies and brokers it seems like a good idea to have them both carry $100k bond.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Wow!!! Sometimes I read posts about drivers not receiving pay and just figure the driver wasn't doing proper accounting but there seems to be an awful lot of the same complaints about this company. I wonder if places that accept paid ads like driver magazines and websites consider complaints like this

You're kidding, right?

or do they get the money upfront so they don't get burned.

They don't get burned either way - only individuals do, cause they [probably] can't afford to fight back.
When you see all the complaints about non-payment from companies and brokers it seems like a good idea to have them both carry $100k bond.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

A statement that "We're making changes in how drivers are treated" should be a huge red flag, IMO. There shouldn't be any reason to change it, if it was professional to begin with.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A statement that "We're making changes in how drivers are treated" should be a huge red flag, IMO. There shouldn't be any reason to change it, if it was professional to begin with.

That is true but I will give credit to a company that truely changes, bases on actions not words. Often statements like the one mentioned are just empty promises meant to stall and camouflage.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EO Forums

BigCat

Expert Expediter

Maybe that statement by jerryc is the reason why he is laid off from lrt.

Mayfield Express

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
LRT is a scam, Ive done everything that other members on this website have told me too, to no avail, and I really dont like being censored when I try to warn others about this con artist

Dont steal, the government hates competition. ~Ron Paul~

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
And how can they be offering 1000 dollar sign on bonuses when they cant even afford to pay current drivers? Is that where my money went, to pay a sign on bonus?

Dont steal, the government hates competition. ~Ron Paul~

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
With all the negative remarks made against LRT and John I would think they would respond in some manner to defend themselves or the company. The expo beings a few days down the road and LRT setting up a booth I would think maybe someone would defend the company or maybe some of their operators give their opinions.
I don't have any imput because I haven't done any business with them, but would like to see the positive side. Is there any???