Question Regarding Whirlwind Express

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I see that their Carrier MC Number is still active but their Broker Authority is being shut down. Their Broker Trust Fund has a cancellation date. You can see it by going to safer web and typing their name in ther carrier search.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
You guys are still taking loads from them even after multiple drivers came on here and claimed that they haven't been paid for loads that they ran last November. lol

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
wait..one company got paid tuesday from ww..of 11300 she paid 265..its looking up..
yep...at that rate, everything should be cleared up by 2027, 2028 minimum!

I guess that particular company must have finally sent in their PROPER paperwork!

TonyD

Active Expediter
No we did take the load. Now we are rethinking them period. A little forum searching did not go well for them. Thanks for the pm's also.

BigBadBill

Active Expediter
No we did take the load. Now we are rethinking them period. A little forum searching did not go well for them. Thanks for the pm's also.

Really? Can't find a contract or load with your name on it. Or listed on the board. Do you run under a different name?

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
They seemed to be replying to posts #84 and 85. So the word "no" indicates that they didn't take it...but then they said they did. I think they just left out a very important word. Where is Amonger when we need him? Spell checking the alphabet?

TonyD

Active Expediter
Correct rocketman. We have not taken/gotten a load yet. I left the "not" out. I spoke with Ann before we signed on regarding what I had seen here. She explained about f2f getting involved to help with pay issues. I always want to give the benefit of doubt to someone. We dont have the advantage of experience on here yet. But we are learning everyday.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Giving a "benefit", of a doubt or any other kind of benefit, WILL ultimately take a trip thru your wallet someday in this business.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
That "helping with the payroll" is more than likely to determine how much in the hole they are. Can't imagine someone taking a carrier over for the purpose of paying off the debt owed to drivers. Especially if the numbers on here are anywhere accurate. Might help things going forward but I wouldn't be too optimistic about those past debts.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Am I the only one that thinks it's crazy that BBB hasn't said what his responsibility is or what the future holds ?

Swamp30

Active Expediter
nope..i dont see him or any rep of f2f or ww making an offical statement..but my offical statement is i will get my money..by hook or crook i dont care..i will get mine..i may be on fox news by the time its over but i will get mine!

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
At least they have a real physical location. I have seen some companies that have their physical address listed, and when I looked up the address, it was a UPS mail center mailbox. You can't go after a mailbox if it cheats you out of money. Have any of you guys ever researched your companies address to see if your carrier is operating out of a bedroom, an actual real physical office location, or a personal mailbox from the UPS Store? You'd be amazed at how rinki dink a lot of these smaller carriere really are. It's actually quite scary to be honest. I think that all factoring companies should be in charge of paying the drivers and then give the remainder of the freight bill to the carrier. But it doesn't work that way. Also I do not condone collecting the money any way you can Swamp. You need to take it easy and stay off of Fox news.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I had a friend that went to an office to collect.
It was vacant. All the rented furniture had been returned or repossessed.