Question Regarding Whirlwind Express

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
Where is my money?????????????

THAT is a question I heard many times in the past here...doesn't matter, you won't get a straight answer from WW on that. The reasons for the "delay" change from day to day. Good luck; you're gonna need it. That and tons of patience, time, and a stomach for convoluted excuses.

truk6264

Seasoned Expediter
Two months? Must be nice. I had pros over a year old that hadn't been paid. They finally started paying some and I went back to hauling for them and they did the same thing again. I had like $13,000 owed at one time and I finally had to threaten to file on their broker bond. Which helped for a while and then due to their lack of response to my emails and such, I did file on their bond. They still owe me $2736.43 because they wrote me a nsf check for the third time. Meanwhile the bond company had closed my case without informing me while I was out of country on vacation. When I returned the bond company informed me that their bond had been cancelled, no doubt because of other claims against it. Hopefully I will still recover the unpaid balance from them. They survive by putting on new people whom they earn their trust by paying them on time for a year or so and then they got them hooked. So then they withhold your money indefinitely probably to finance their "living on the lake" lifestyle that they can't afford without inconsentually borrowing contractor's money for months and even years. Also worthy of mention is that Ann has a very cutthroat mentality on driver safety. I had asked for more time on several loads because of traffic jam delays and was never given any. And then on one of these suicide loads she actually charged me $50 for being late when no extra time was given and they had told me the delivery time was 2 hours earlier than actual. I thought I was already late when in reality I still had 2 hours to go. I didn't find out the real delivery time until I had arrived at the consignee and Chet told me I was 15 minutes late instead of 2 hrs and 15 min.! I hope my post helps keep others from getting hurt by them. I consider them a ruthless, outlaw, unethical company. Drive safe :)

Zoli

Veteran Expediter
Two months? Must be nice. I had pros over a year old that hadn't been paid. They finally started paying some and I went back to hauling for them and they did the same thing again. I had like $13,000 owed at one time and I finally had to threaten to file on their broker bond. being late when no extra time was given and they had told me the delivery time was 2 hours earlier than actual. I thought I was already late when in reality I still had 2 hours to go. I didn't find out the real delivery time until I had arrived at the consignee and Chet told me I was 15 minutes late instead of 2 hrs and 15 min.! I hope my post helps keep others from getting hurt by them. I consider them a ruthless, outlaw, unethical company. Drive safe :)

Do you have a number where I can call Ann? On 866 259 1919 nobody answering....

paidtourist

Rookie Expediter
I have no other # but i know where her house is on the lake..paying her and chet a visit here soon..

I'm also trying to get paid for loads from Dec. 2012. Chet answers the phone, says I have to talk to Ann but she is busy or on the phone right now,and will call me back. But she never does. Its been nothing but lie after lie. And no returned phone calls. Stay away from Whirlwind at all cost. I'm looking to start legal action. If anyone can point me in the right direction to start, I will be most greatful.

Swamp30

Active Expediter
Get a lawyer if its over 5k! Chet is full of ****..i just dont know where he is going to do when some one confronts them face to face in public, in their church in front of everyone..they are lazy liars..i reconmend get close as you can to them a get and knock the hell of of them..even with a lawyer you cant get blood out of a turnip..but swelling eyes is always good therapy..seriously you probably wont see anything from them..

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Get a lawyer if its over 5k! Chet is full of ****..i just dont know where he is going to do when some one confronts them face to face in public, in their church in front of everyone..they are lazy liars..i reconmend get close as you can to them a get and knock the hell of of them..even with a lawyer you cant get blood out of a turnip..but swelling eyes is always good therapy..seriously you probably wont see anything from them..

Be careful. You don't want to bite more than you can chew.

I know if someone would show up at my door and try what you suggest, things wouldn't end up good for one of us, and probably that wouldn't be me.

Mike99

Veteran Expediter
She (Ann Hannah) works now for Farm2fleet. You can call there and talk to her about the money.