Question Regarding Whirlwind Express

BigBadBill

Active Expediter
Remember John is NOT a virtual carrier as non asset company...Load 1 has 2 other companies and hard physical assets to go after if need be...

There's a flaw in your theory about assets.
If things go south, the assets will be gone before you go after them. Sold,transferred,or taken by a financial institution.

Zorry is so correct - do not assume because someone has a big building or company trucks that implies financial stability. Eleets is a great example. Company trucks, buildings, etc and the bank shut them down because they got over extended.

Now also not saying that is also a sign of bad things.

Personally, I feel the big asset trucking business model is flawed in today's market. If you follow the financials, read what analyst are saying and listen to what companies say during conference calls you will see that all the major public companies are focusing on growing non-asset based revenue sources - O/O's, brokerage, financial services.

In the end you just have to assume anything you see is just a movie set facade with nothing behind it and protect yourself. That is just good business.

whiurlwind12

Active Expediter
Hey Bill: Does it take 2 months to pay for 8 loads outstanding?? Ann and Chet were friends of mine and I can't get paid for 8 load I did starting in Nov and Dec. Explain that one to me???

bumblebee

Seasoned Expediter
Hi Bill, I also work for WW and am curently owed several loads from Nov & Dec, some going on 60 days now, When should i expect to get paid?

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Since I somehow got named in this thread?

Wall Street likes non asset companies as they are cheaper to acquire and have higher short term earnings ratios. I myself think an asset based company is far more secure. With that being said you need to run credit on ANY company. But an asset based brick and mortar company does not tend to vanish at anywhere near the rates that non-asset companies in our industry do.

When you factor, rent equipment, lease everything else you have a lot more hands in the pot. Solid investments in many sectors of industry are just that, solid investments.

Is the sprinter owner who bought a sprinter more secure and likely to make his business work or is a guy that went to Penske and rented one?

BigBadBill

Active Expediter

Wall Street likes non asset companies as they are cheaper to acquire and have higher short term earnings ratios. I myself think an asset based company is far more secure. With that being said you need to run credit on ANY company. But an asset based brick and mortar company does not tend to vanish at anywhere near the rates that non-asset companies in our industry do.

When you factor, rent equipment, lease everything else you have a lot more hands in the pot. Solid investments in many sectors of industry are just that, solid investments.

Is the sprinter owner who bought a sprinter more secure and likely to make his business work or is a guy that went to Penske and rented one?

Glad you chimed in John. I think someone was saying you weren't paying them. (that was a joke people)

Some very valid points. And I will add about asset based companies, if you know what you are looking for you tend to see them crumbling long before the go under. But then you have an Eleets that caught companies with the best risk departments flat footed.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The safest place to be is with a debt free company.

Not always, they can be debt free with nothing in the bank for hard times. Debt free can sometimes mean no credit rating to help stay afloat if needed.

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123

jeffman164

Seasoned Expediter
Deja Vu all over again with Whirlwind . Similiar post was written about Whirlwind tit for tat earlier this year . Honestly , what did the drivers expect was going to change ? Oh , I really feel that it's going to be different this time because Anne said so . Blind leading the blind !!

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Last edited by a moderator:

guido4475

Not a Member
If John got behind...would you stay?.....at least for awhile to see if things get straightened out?

Damm right I would, in a heartbeat. He once had faith and trust in me, the same way I do in him.

I can put money on it that alot of his drivers feel the same way.I hear it all the time when at the yard, how he has went above and beyond to help others out, in so many different ways, over the years.

I can go on and on, but what I said says enough.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Not always, they can be debt free with nothing in the bank for hard times. Debt free can sometimes mean no credit rating to help stay afloat if needed.

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123

I imagine anyone running a debt free company has enough business sense to have reserves accessible.
They didn't get debt free by being stupid.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter

Just think if LandStar went down and didn't pay their bills. Non Asset based and 8,ooo contrators working for them. That would be a story.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Levi has already explained the pay to you when you signed on with WW, and then CLEARLY explained to you again before your first dispatch. Paperwork must be submitted PROPERLY!

www.ripoffreport.com... | Facebook
After reading some of the posts here, I wonder what the Proper procedures are. If those proper procedures are followed, how long does it take to get paid? It would only be PROPER to pay as according to the agreement if your procedures are followed?

I wonder just how difficult sending in paperwork is? Are you making it more difficult than it really is? All that I have ever known anyone to require is a signed bol...is there more to your paperwork than that?

Swamp30

Active Expediter
ww and fleetfarm are now teaming up..ww sucks at paying..i know of one small fleet they owe over 15k too..they have no cash flow to pay..ann(owner) us supposely sick and her credit is really bad since factoring companies wont even touch whirlwind.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Same one, same story there Colonel.
I was hoping you would share your knowledge of their business model. :rolleyes:

IF it is the same folks not too much to share. We simply were talking on my porch one day about them taking my Company over......I simply stood up, wished them a good day, and went to the house. I have always figgured you absolutely, positively cannot help stupid.