Progressive Insurance goes up again !!!!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Read that in here all the time. Gotta get them miles!

But ya know....in the CV world IF i were still a young guy and knowing what I know now....I'd get me a 5-7,000$ van and run a gallion miles at the cheap rate for as long as the van held up, NOT put much into the van...and when a major repair came along or 2 years which ever come firat and dump it and get another one....

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
But ya know....in the CV world IF i were still a young guy and knowing what I know now....I'd get me a 5-7,000$ van and run a gallion miles at the cheap rate for as long as the van held up, NOT put much into the van...and when a major repair came along or 2 years which ever come firat and dump it and get another one....

Yup. Seems like we've been here before. :p

Guess the alternative is to sit around and wait, while one opts for 1.05 per mile. Went one step up from the 5-7000.00 cargo version, and we need to run it. All for keeping rates good for drivers, and don't much appreciate those running for real cheap miles.....but when the phone rings, it's either yes, or no. Not saying no to 800 miles at lower rate to a good area. Especially when this "no forced dispatch" game is being played. I think we all know better as to who's going to lose on that one.

No, you don't HAVE to run it. Matter of fact, we'll find someone who will, and good luck on your next phone call.....if there be one coming. :)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yup. Seems like we've been here before. :p

Guess the alternative is to sit around and wait, while one opts for 1.05 per mile. Went one step up from the 5-7000.00 cargo version, and we need to run it. All for keeping rates good for drivers, and don't much appreciate those running for real cheap miles.....but when the phone rings, it's either yes, or no. Not saying no to 800 miles at lower rate to a good area. Especially when this "no forced dispatch" game is being played. I think we all know better as to who's going to lose on that one.

No, you don't HAVE to run it. Matter of fact, we'll find someone who will, and good luck on your next phone call.....if there be one coming. :)

Yep...ObamaVan program...throw the young unemployed into a used government van and tell them to drive their hearts out....

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

But ya know, if I were young I would NOT be in this business at all.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That would be nice, but it'll push me back to school... ;)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note III
Not me. That was the year I got out of the army and got married. I would still get out, still marry my wife, but change just one or two choices I made back then, choices that proved to be a waste of time.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Yep...ObamaVan program...throw the young unemployed into a used government van and tell them to drive their hearts out....

No, the young don't want to work that hard. That is why they are pushing a new immigration bill.

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I called CIS today for a new quote. Dang, I was about to have a heart attack. $600/mo were not good enough, now they want even more. They keep saying "yeah, we know it's outrageous, but there's nothing we can do", and that won't help no one. The funny part, if I can call it funny, is that I never had tix or accs, yet other guys with some of those are paying less...

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I called CIS today for a new quote. Dang, I was about to have a heart attack. $600/mo were not good enough, now they want even more. They keep saying "yeah, we know it's outrageous, but there's nothing we can do", and that won't help no one. The funny part, if I can call it funny, is that I never had tix or accs, yet other guys with some of those are paying less...

Are you on gross receipts ?
The more you earn, the more you pay.

Farmers still an option ?
If you can compare to another CIS customer there has to be an explanation.
Home Zipcode hurting you ?

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Are you on gross receipts ?
The more you earn, the more you pay.

Farmers still an option ?
If you can compare to another CIS customer there has to be an explanation.
Home Zipcode hurting you ?

I gotta find something cheaper or I'll sell the vans and start delivering pizza. :(

To answer your question, I never told them how much I earn. Gosh, somebody has to stop this robbery!

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
It's based on credit score, what you have your vehicle valued at, area you live (zip code), driving record and previous ins. history and a few other things. Personally we don't mind paying a little extra to stay at CIS with John & Shelley cause the service they will provide you when you need it is next to none other. Also, ins. rates are going to rise year to year, that's why revaluation of your truck at renewal is important.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
When my Father and I had the 34 trucks we paid on gross receipts.
A % of income was probably easier in a larger operation.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Is that price per van? Maybe you would net more signing with a carrier that has fleet pricing available

sent from my Fisher Price - ABC123

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
I gotta find something cheaper or I'll sell the vans and start delivering pizza. :(

To answer your question, I never told them how much I earn. Gosh, somebody has to stop this robbery!

its not robbery it's simply the market trends. When getting quotes that may be less expensive make sure coverages are the same .