Progressive Insurance goes up again !!!!

zorry

Veteran Expediter
A UPS truck lost control and literally wrapped itself around the hood of one of our gasoline tankers.
No fire, thank God.
UPS, being self insured, was a p***k to deal with.
You never know when you'll be thankful that you have a better than average insurance package.

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So write the check or go to the bank you use and do a loan for the amount and make the payments, no different then making payments to the insurance company. It's all a tax deduction at the end of the year. Insurance is one of those costs that should be built in to your business plan.

That'll never happen, my friend! Why should I pay in advance such an amount? That's totally ridiculous, and honestly I really don't understand how some of you agree with that. As a friend of mine told me when he found out about this matter, "not even a prostitute won't ask for the money in advance". But anyway, I'm done with this thread, I'll stick with what I got right now and God have mercy!
I'll check with CIS again when they'll come back to the normal prices.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note III

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
That'll never happen, my friend! Why should I pay in advance such an amount? That's totally ridiculous, and honestly I really don't understand how some of you agree with that. As a friend of mine told me when he found out about this matter, "not even a prostitute won't ask for the money in advance". But anyway, I'm done with this thread, I'll stick with what I got right now and God have mercy!
I'll check with CIS again when they'll come back to the normal prices.

That's your choice to do what you want. Don't know how often you switch ins. co. but when you do sometimes you have to put up with any changes that have been made that pertain to new policies. We did not, we were grandfathered in and the changes do not apply to us. We still pay by the month and the monthly also applies when adding trucks to our policy. As long as you have good coverage then it doesn't really matter.

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That's your choice to do what you want. Don't know how often you switch ins. co. but when you do sometimes you have to put up with any changes that have been made that pertain to new policies. We did not, we were grandfathered in and the changes do not apply to us. We still pay by the month and the monthly also applies when adding trucks to our policy. As long as you have good coverage then it doesn't really matter.

I had the same policy from 09 til October last year, when I decided to switch to a large carrier just because of that huge increase. But since I don't like companies with many and dumb rules, I tried to get back with those small carriers. As I mentioned earlier, it looks like I have to stick with what I got right now. $300 covers the vehicle, life and occupational.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Insurance traditionally is always due up front. If a carrier is giving payment plans it is really acting as a "bank" and using that interest up charge as a revenue stream.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Insurance traditionally is always due up front. If a carrier is giving payment plans it is really acting as a "bank" and using that interest up charge as a revenue stream.

My $2500 ish bill could have been financed for $445 per year.
That's no bargain rate.

Edit: too busy to check the pennies but it'd figure out very close to 18% APR.
I think..,.. :)

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't know why some think insurance companies should finance any policy?.....maybe they did in the past...but the tone is more like pay me now. No more breaks....

zorry

Veteran Expediter
OVM, next time YOU need a quick $2500, say to pay insurance, or do a $printer service, I'll loan it to you if you'll pay me back $2945 over 12 equal monthly payments. :)

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
This thread had me nervous wondering if I was going to need to up my budget for insurance. We pay by the year and when I asked CIS what they thought our insurance was going to do I had the reply that the amount should stay very close to what we are paying now. The reply was in our operation leased on to one carrier there should be very little change.

I then asked if we get our new truck what would the estimate be and I was pleasantly surprised with how little change we would have.

I am glad I took the time to contact CIS and to find out that we are in good shape and I am prepared for the insurance bill when it comes later this summer.

Polish_Drive

Rookie Expediter
I have a option, stay with progressive or switch to Northland insurance. If I switch its $1300 cheaper per year.

Is Northland insurance any good??