Problems with a carrier of fleet owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Good grief.... Your formula needs a little tweaking, 1+1 does not =3. If you can't dazzle em with brilliance, you can baffle em with BS. You know what you posted, veiled or not.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I mean, come on, just how many times can the U.S. Postal Service lose a check in the mail.

David,
I wish I could explain my utter frustration with this single comment without getting really upset. You have no clue what has been going on with lost mail, do you?

cruzer

Not a Member
Cheri and Pelicn are good friends. Cheri posts and Pelicn posts right behing her. Cheri recently switched to Bolt. Pelicn mistakenly believes and I am referring to Bolt and comes to the defense of her pal. I get a warning via Private Message from Pelicn. And you say there isn't a clique?

I did nothing wrong.[/QUOTE]

You have to realize cheri has just gone to Bolt and maybe relized her mistake. according to the may locations she has been sitting alot,looks like less than 700mi. in 5 days. just something to consider. I never worked with Bolt but know some that have, so I never will.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
But Cheri is doing what she feels is the right thing to do, she's no dummy and has been doing this for a while. And so has David but I am wondering what is really the problem, it is not just the carrier, is it? That's something that can be solved other ways.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Cruzer: just like the guy you jumped in to defend, you are wrong. Moreover, you're out of line, explaining what I think, because you have no idea. None. Period. And if you hadn't noticed, I'm quite capable of explaining what I think without your help.

inkasnana

Expert Expediter
Speaking of lost mail, even if no other USPS office has lost mail I know for a fact that a boat load of mail on it's way to Alaska was lost at sea. The boat sank in a storm. I was living in Alaska at the time and my missing mail is completely disintegrated by now. :rolleyes:

cruzer

Not a Member
I wasn't defending him! read your signature and take it to hart, you seem to have a vendetta with tis guy,NO, you have a vendetta with this guy and think someone from bolt might read this and you will get points,good luck,take your signature to heart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Considering the likely billions of pieces of mail handled annually a significant number (numerically speaking even if not percentage wise) of pieces are surely lost.

Checks are routinely cashed by other than the payee.

Just because someone is told a specific check has been cashed doesn't mean it was cashed by the person it should have been payed to.

I'm not locking this thread but I find it marginal at best. It is he said / she said from a third party, not even one of the two principles of the situation. Important facts are not present. Until full and accurate information is available it probably shouldn't have been aired.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
while i am sure some wont agree with my train of thought, i have one so i will comment anyway. assumptions are no good, the word comes from assume and we all know the saying. personal attacks and vendettas either. as far as the subject at hand, it all comes to respect and obligation. i worked for a carrier that did not pay, when questioned the carrier could not guarantee that pay would continue every week like contracted, so i left. problem 1, i should not have to contact my carrier about pay, only if there is a mistake. as far as carriers go big or small they have an obligation to pay you per the contracted pay schedule and i have no tolerance for non payment. you run a business you have a duty to run it rite, no excuses after the fact. now for the but, if any carrier or private individual with their own authority cant pay on time, it goes alot farther to come clean and explain the situation ahead of time if possible than to wait for payday to pass and make excuses, not saying this is what anyone did. this is just how i would handle it or it would be my last resort cause i would use all options to pay my contractors rather i was payed or not. if i could not then last resort. people are more understanding when they know all the facts. then they have a choice to say ok or to move on. there are always circumstances, but there is always a rite way to handle them also. just an unbiased opinion that i hope helps.

fastrod

Expert Expediter
think someone from bolt might read this and you will get points

Well cruzer you are right, someone from Bolt will read this thread and she will get her gold stars for defending Bolt. And as everyone knows, even tho they deny it is true, the more gold stars you get the better your runs are. Now do not get me wrong here I think this is a great system for the carriers to use to rate there drivers. The problem I see is Dave never said it was Bolt and said he was not referring to any carrier that advertises on this site. Until Dave posts the name of the company he is talking about no one should be assuming anything.

Wingnut

Seasoned Expediter
yes very sad and wingnut thats what you told me the checks in the mail and never came so you would be used to the post office losing your mail with or with out a check in it.

OK...I've had more than enough of your personal attacks on me and more than enough of your so caled 'facts and truths'. You've lied & attacked me for months and it ends here & now. You got PERMANTELY canned from one of our carriers because of YOUR lies, theft, practices, the list goes on and on and on. ANYONE on this forum can check this FACT for themselves by calling the carrier themselves. You, rangell, need to grow up and get a life and stop the personal attacks. EO forums are NOT here for personal attacks so knock it off. Oh, and let's set the record startight even though it's NO ONE's business except yours & mine as to what the REAL problem is: for all of you who are reading this I want to say that this guy WAS a driver of mine; we parted ways for reasons which I will NOT make public because it's no one's business except ours AND it's being handled in court, which is as it should be & NOT on a public forum; and as to his false claim that I supposedly told him I sent a check in the mail...it NEVER was said.
Now, let's move on people.

Wingnut

Seasoned Expediter
THANK-YOU gre and you are right. I am dealing with this guy legally in courts and I'm not the only one. I find it sad any time I see drivers doing what this guys does. It just shows a persons mentality & true colors when they choose to slam & air theur dirty laundry on any public forums. Sad....real sad.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
THANK-YOU gre and you are right. I am dealing with this guy legally in courts and I'm not the only one. I find it sad any time I see drivers doing what this guys does. It just shows a persons mentality & true colors when they choose to slam & air theur dirty laundry on any public forums. Sad....real sad.

Wingnut...
I thinks you've said quite enough...you are just adding fuel to the fire....by any response. Sometimes silence is golden.;)

Wingnut

Seasoned Expediter
Wingnut...
I thinks you've said quite enough...you are just adding fuel to the fire....by any response. Sometimes silence is golden.;)

Yup...you are correct and up till today, I have done the 'silence is golden' rule. I just get so sick & tired of all the lies, half truths, & junk that's said on these threads. OK...enough said...I'm done!! :)

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Well the funny thing is I am seeing three people here doing the same thing and they all seem to be headed for or in court over their contracts with carriers/owners. I understand that there is a need to vent but rule number one is to shut up and live with it if you are involved. It always comes back to bit you in the a** if the other person has access to the place you are complaining about. A good lawyer will do a bit of research online and if they find something, may bring it to the judge or introduce it in court and then what?

But with that said, I am going to reiterate some advice. This is a business, it is not a fast buck machine or a "See the Country while Driving" job and many think that you don't need legal advice or a contract or anything like that. In fact a bunch of these posts prove I'm 100% right, legal advice (and financial) before you enter the business is needed to keep you and the other party out of trouble and the pitfalls are easier to handle when you have that tool at your disposal. Unless you are the rich expediter (and who is now... never mind we have one here), then you can ignore that advice and keep on trucking.

What many seem to forget is the business part, they treat this so personal until it actually becomes personal by constantly acting that this is not a business and that carrier or this carrier did this to me.

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
"This is a business, it is not a fast buck machine or a "See the Country while Driving" job "

"What many seem to forget is the business part"

Greg, my apologies for dicing up what you said and using it in a different context, but the above quoted is very true. While I think some carriers (and that list is getting smaller) may still make this an easy business to get into, the realities of the business are making it harder than ever for folks who aren't 100% committed to the job to STAY in this business.

Me thinks the so called "easy money" is gone for a while and may not come back. People getting into this must be prepared to really put forth a SELF effort to educate themselves and learn what they can. The extra profits that allowed you to make repeat mistakes are gone. Can you imagine anyone getting into this business nowadays without any experience or at the very least finding this web site and reading a lot of it?

It's a business, not a hobby, not a tourism show, a business.

Status
Not open for further replies.