Problems with a carrier of fleet owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
In the past few months there appears to be a increase in the number of folks who are not getting paid for their work.

Some carriers have changed their time frames for settlements, but some of the little guys with a few trucks have become outright liars when it comes to paying those operating under their authority.

I mean, come on, just how many times can the U.S. Postal Service lose a check in the mail. For over fifty years, I have never had a lost letter. One of the best lies is that a major carrier has not paid within the 30 day time frame, but they just happen to be paying everyone else. And when the driver calls the carrier's the settlements dept. they tell him that check was cashed weeks ago. Liar!

Worse yet, they don't pay the O/O, but they have no problem in purchasing toys for themselves, going out-of-service for days and/or weeks then paying their own bills with the revenues from the loads hauled by the trucks operating under their authority, etc.

I once borrowed some cash from an insurance policy. Until we replaced that loan amount, we never made any other unnecessary purchases. Moreover, we never spent money on restaurant food, movies, video rentals, etc. It seemed imperative to bring the policy back to its value ASAP. We were dealing with a corporation in that instance, but had we been indebted to an individual our efforts would have been more intense in order to quickly satisfy our obligation.

If you are having a problem getting your money I suggest posting the information on ripoffreport.com to avoid any conflicts of interests here.

Wingnut

Seasoned Expediter
For over 50 yrs you haven't had a lost letter???? Wow.....you're lucky because the post office HAS occassionally lost , misplaced, etc some of my mail. Oh yeah......they weren't just the ones with checks in them either!

DougTravels

Not a Member
Mark this date, May 10, 2009 on your calender.

I agree with Rev Dave, I also can not recall a letter of mine getting lost in the mail.

R

rangell218

yes very sad and wingnut thats what you told me the checks in the mail and never came so you would be used to the post office losing your mail with or with out a check in it.

R

rangell218

cheri sorry i meant no disrespect to your friend,this forum or anyone my statement was fact and nothing more.

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
As far as Mail being lost or missing. I have had mail never delivered\lost going East & coming to me from the East coast. When I complained to a Postal Inspector, he told me there are many problems with any mail going through Indianapolis. Then I send a certified letter from Mo. to Dallas Texas and it takes 21 days to get there.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
You want to know how good the post office is, if I send a letter to my co driver from my post office in Kent Oh,He lives outside of Cleveland,he will receive it the next day.If My sister sends that same letter to him from where she works,Mogadore Oh,about 8 miles from my post office,it will take a week for that letter to get to my co driver.When it comes to our postal network,anything can happen

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
cheri sorry i meant no disrespect to your friend,this forum or anyone my statement was fact and nothing more.

Just because it fact [if it is] doesn't mean it should be posted on a public forum - I'm sure you can think of several facts that shouldn't be, like your [or anyone's] home address & phone number.....
I appreciate that you have the class to apologize, even though the comment was intended for the original poster as well - actually even more, due to the history of posting 'facts' that turn out not to be at all.
:mad:

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Fact: I sent a check to my son by US Postal Service 4 years ago and he never did receive it. It never cleared my bank account. So yes, the post office does lose mail.

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Let's not major on the minors.

Obviously, the USPS can lose a letter. It is not a perfect world.

The point was that when a transportation company owner continually uses the excuse that he has not received the check that would satisfy his obligation to an O/O who made the delivery on time and the O/O had verified with the carrier's settlement dept that the check had been cashed (which means it did not get lost in the mail) he is a liar and a crook.

And to add insult to injury, the transportation company owner goes out and buys new toys instead of living up to his obligation to pay as agreed.

It is imperative that carriers, transportation company owners and brokers be held accountable for their actions; especially when their outright theft is destroying the lives of those who have lived up to their end of an agreement.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Then the "MAJOR" is a problem that you have with a company... Take it to that company and stop bringing it here! There is NOTHING that anyone here can do about it. :mad:

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
imgres

cruzer

Not a Member
Let me get this right,It's not right to air personal vendettas on fact but it is ok to air personal vendettas about vendettas. Seems to be a half bubble out of level to me.:cool:

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Just to make sure that everyone understands...in this post I was NOT referring to any carrier that advertises on this site.

And I quote: General Expediter Forum This General Forum Covers All The Topics, Subjects and Issues of Concern To People In The Expedited Trucking Industry.

Let's work the formula.

Cheri and Pelicn are good friends. Cheri posts and Pelicn posts right behing her. Cheri recently switched to Bolt. Pelicn mistakenly believes and I am referring to Bolt and comes to the defense of her pal. I get a warning via Private Message from Pelicn. And you say there isn't a clique?

I did nothing wrong.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Just to make sure that everyone understands...in this post I was NOT referring to any carrier that advertises on this site.

And I quote: General Expediter Forum This General Forum Covers All The Topics, Subjects and Issues of Concern To People In The Expedited Trucking Industry.

Let's work the formula.

Cheri and Pelicn are good friends. Cheri posts and Pelicn posts right behing her. Cheri recently switched to Bolt. Pelicn mistakenly believes and I am referring to Bolt and comes to the defense of her pal. I get a warning via Private Message from Pelicn. And you say there isn't a clique?

I did nothing wrong.

Most of us know that you have had 'issues' with Bolt, and as you didn't name the carrier, the presumption is logical.
Here's a formula: you post questionable facts, and when challenged to back it up, you go into the same song & dance about 'cliques' piling on - never mind the fact that many who chime in are not the usual posters, you're a victim of the 'clique'.
You're a victim, alright - of your own delusions. Namely, that you can say whatever you like, and we should accept it as gospel, no matter how outrageous it seems.
If you post it, you should be prepared to back it up - same goes for everyone here, including me.
Pelicn is a Moderator - it's her job to point out the error of your ways.
I just do it cause I enjoy it.

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
I would say that there is a problem if a certain carrier has not received checks that another partner carrier has said they mailed if the carrier that mailed the checks has verified that the checks were cashed. If checks were mailed and cashed, but the carrier they were mailed to has not received them, you have to wonder who it was who cashed them. That would seem to indicate a problem that might not be the fault of the USPS or the carriers involved.

With that said, I have mailed letters that took three weeks to go 300 miles and just the ohter day I received a check for a load that didn't clear. I put it in and a couple days later wondered why the money wasn't in my account and was told that the check was a NSF.

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
I would say that there is a problem if a certain carrier has not received checks that another partner carrier has said they mailed if the carrier that mailed the checks has verified that the checks were cashed. If checks were mailed and cashed, but the carrier they were mailed to has not received them, you have to wonder who it was who cashed them. That would seem to indicate a problem that might not be the fault of the USPS or the carriers involved.

With that said, I have mailed letters that took three weeks to go 300 miles and just the ohter day I received a check for a load that didn't clear. I put it in and a couple days later wondered why the money wasn't in my account and was told that the check was a NSF.

Status
Not open for further replies.