Princess Beatrice wedding hat auction bids pass $29,500

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
BBC News

Bids on eBay for Princess Beatrice's unusual royal wedding hat have surpassed £18,000 ($29,500).

The dramatic creation by Philip Treacy has been likened to a Turkey Twizzler, a toilet seat and a pretzel.

Worn to the wedding of Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge last month, it has its own Facebook page.

The auction on eBay, which has had 64 bids from 32 bidders, ends on 22 May with proceeds going to charities Unicef and Children in Crisis.

'Great need'

Australian children's TV performers The Wiggles put in an offer of £17,500 but the leading bid now stands at £18,400.

Anthony Field, of The Wiggles, joked: "We wear some pretty crazy costumes on stage but this hat beats them all - it could bring about an Australian republic all by itself.

"When we heard about the auction we knew we had to bid. We're ambassadors for Unicef and we think it's great that Princess Beatrice has chosen to support children in great need."

The Wiggles have thought about giving the hat to the Australian cricket captain for the next Ashes series against England.

"We might give it to Michael Clarke to wear when he bats against the Poms next time - it would certainly distract the bowler," said Field

For a reminder of the "hat"
BBC News - Princess Beatrice wedding hat auction bids pass £18,000
:D

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Of all the Photoshop additions of 'that hat' to pics, my favorite was of the Situation Room in the White House during the raid that killed bin Laden - it was hilarious.
Personally, I'm fully prepared to believe that the hat was revenge for Fergie being left out of the wedding. and I loved that. Really, is there any other rational explanation for it? :D

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Of all the Photoshop additions of 'that hat' to pics, my favorite was of the Situation Room in the White House during the raid that killed bin Laden - it was hilarious.

I dunno. This doesn't look Photoshopped to me.
I think it's the real deal.

Princess-beatrice-hat-obama-war-roo.jpg

greg334

Veteran Expediter

Personally, I'm fully prepared to believe that the hat was revenge for Fergie being left out of the wedding. and I loved that. Really, is there any other rational explanation for it? :D

It is either this, or she is like another one of her ancestors who also did bizarre things.

Its not just this hat, I think there are 8 of them from what I heard and I found 6 of them floating around in this Internet thing. I like the butterfly one, does her justice.

The one I liked in the photoshop'ed group was the attached one.

Oh by the way it is over £20k

greg334

Veteran Expediter
all but one cat liked it, the one that didn't hissed at the picture, which wouldn't answer me when I asked who she was hissing at.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Isn't THAT interesting.........
Yeah, it is. But then again, Princess Beatrice's hat also looks like a toilet seat with a bow ribbon tied around it. So there's that.

It may be the kewlest way ever to publicly call a member of the royal family a ****head and get away with it. :D

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Yeah, it is. But then again, Princess Beatrice's hat also looks like a toilet seat with a bow ribbon tied around it. So there's that.

It may be the kewlest way ever to publicly call a member of the royal family a ****head and get away with it. :D

Wonder what the person that designed Cher's head piece has to say about the Princess' hat. These people don't cotton much to others duplicating their work.....hmmmm

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Wonder what the person that designed Cher's head piece has to say about the Princess' hat. These people don't cotton much to others duplicating their work.....hmmmm
Well, at the considerable risk of sounding a little gay, Cher's headdress was designed by Bob Mackie.

That was back when Cher
Cher_RonG_5254759_600-de.jpg

had that whole Cleopatra
cleopatra-movie.jpg

thing going on.

Princess_Beatrice_Wedding_Hat.jpg

I went to the Royal Wedding and all I got was this toilet seat on my head!

Princess-Beatrice-Wedding-Hat.jpg

OMG. What was I thinking! I think I'm gonna cry!

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
From what I can remember none of her hats have been that "off the planet" before ..... well except this one maybe LOL

Attachments

• Princess hat.jpg
    Princess hat.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 2

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
From what I can remember none of her hats have been that "off the planet" before ..... well except this one maybe LOL

Well, I guess when you serve no REAL purpose in life fashion hats can be of some importance. Not so for REAL USEFUL people.