President Hillary Rodham Clinton

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
First of all it's "Yinz" or "Yinzes", not yinzers...You obviously do not know what I was talking about.
"Yinzer is a 20th-century term playing on the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania second-person plural vernacular "yinz." The word is used among peoples who identify themselves with the city of Pittsburgh and its traditions."

Yinzer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Pittsburgh English, popularly known by outsiders as Pittsburghese, is the traditional dialect of American English spoken by many residents of Pittsburgh and parts of surrounding Western Pennsylvania in the United States, a group referred to by locals and others as Yinzers."

Pittsburgh English - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Was that what you were trying to talk about?
Secondly, I'm sure the silent majority is chock full of rednecks and Yinzes...
A viewpoint held by most liberal elitists - not surprising.
...and lastly, I think your post qualifies as a personal attack..
Nope - just pointing out the obvious condescension displayed by the statement. If you had said something like "the silent majority will stay silent if the Republicans run another loser like McCain or boring nice guy like Romney" I would have agreed 100%. However, the labeling took it to a different level. Most people would probably agree that silent majority - AKA Middle Class - is not made up of misogynists, racists and religious bigots. They just want their personal freedoms back and are tired of liberal elitists lecturing to them about what's best for them and their children and what they must tolerate; and lastly, they want the US Govt and the jack-booted thugs from the IRS to stay out of their everyday lives.

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
Here is what is going to happen. Hillary will serve two terms. At the midpoint of her first term Michelle Obama who is one hot woman will begin her first term as senator. She will follow Hillary as POTUS and yes we will all live happily ever after.

Michelle is hot, I agree. Let's stop there....

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
"Yinzer is a 20th-century term playing on the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania second-person plural vernacular "yinz." The word is used among peoples who identify themselves with the city of Pittsburgh and its traditions."

Yinzer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Pittsburgh English, popularly known by outsiders as Pittsburghese, is the traditional dialect of American English spoken by many residents of Pittsburgh and parts of surrounding Western Pennsylvania in the United States, a group referred to by locals and others as Yinzers."

Pittsburgh English - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Was that what you were trying to talk about?

I wasn't trying to talk about it. I was referring to something I am intimately familiar with. "Yinzer" is the vernacular, not the paragonic microcosm itself as your unsolicited Google search indicates.

A viewpoint held by most liberal elitists - not surprising.

A view point held by many, not just Liberal Elitists, whatever they are, and rightly so.

Nope - just pointing out the obvious condescension displayed by the statement. If you had said something like "the silent majority will stay silent if the Republicans run another loser like McCain or boring nice guy like Romney" I would have agreed 100%. However, the labeling took it to a different level. Most people would probably agree that silent majority - AKA Middle Class - is not made up of misogynists, racists and religious bigots. They just want their personal freedoms back and are tired of liberal elitists lecturing to them about what's best for them and their children and what they must tolerate; and lastly, they want the US Govt and the jack-booted thugs from the IRS to stay out of their everyday lives.

Condescension does not equal bigotry. Your constant and nonenlightening characterization of everything that doesn't fall in lock step with what you believe as being "Liberal Elitist" is really tired, not to mention inaccurate...

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
I think shell run and I think shell win, there going to Elect a woman to the Office, weve had a Black man, now its a womans turn....but is ANY political Party doing whats right for US.....think about the waste of time the last 6 years have been where one party chooses to block everything the other does, because thats leadership....I think not, weve let the Political PARTY hijack the country, and until we as Americans say GET OFF YOUR DUFFS and do something for the Country, not the Party, well were in a bad way....Division is the order of the day...DIVIDE AND CONQUER...keep them busy with petty BS and ridiculous wastes of time with Congressional hearings that go nowhere, FACTS hell there havent been FATCS in Washington for 40 years....

Im sick of the whole mess, Millions spent on spreading lies back and forth making claims counter claims, accusations , sensationalized news bites....thats not LEADERSHIP....Its DIVISION...

Hillary will win....and well have 8 more years of a congress that cant do a **** thing but point fingers and whine and waste taxpayer OUR MONEY.....Im not picking sides, Im an American, I want my country back, The Politicians are simply a side show as were slowly sold, broken and divided into helpless little pitty partys....God Bless America.....

Some of what you say is pretty funny stuff, but do you really think she's a woman??

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Condescension does not equal bigotry. Your constant and nonenlightening characterization of everything that doesn't fall in lock step with what you believe as being "Liberal Elitist" is really tired, not to mention inaccurate...[/QUOTE]

Please, please keep it simple. Two sentences and 3 days to figure out what you said. lol!

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I wasn't trying to talk about it. I was referring to something I am intimately familiar with. "Yinzer" is the vernacular, not the paragonic microcosm itself as your unsolicited Google search indicates.
So internet searches to confirm the accuracy of someone's claims should be "solicited"?? Sounds like your "intimate familiarity" might be in question since you're not even familiar with the various spellings of these colloquialisms. Give me a break. :p
A view point held by many, not just Liberal Elitists, whatever they are, and rightly so.
OK - thanks for making my point.
Condescension does not equal bigotry. Your constant and nonenlightening characterization of everything that doesn't fall in lock step with what you believe as being "Liberal Elitist" is really tired, not to mention inaccurate...
A nonsensical response - your characterization of the middle class speaks for itself and actually reinforces my point while doing nothing to refute the accuracy of my response.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I find liberal elitists lecturing about what's best for me and what I must tolerate a whole lot easier to endure than conservative wingnuts legislating what I may do with my own body [and legislating obstacles to prevent me from obtaining such rights as they don't like] and who I may marry.
I'm part of the Silent Majority/middle class, and I am far from alone in those beliefs, so if you characterize the Silent Majority as conservative, your response is extremely inaccurate.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I find liberal elitists lecturing about what's best for me and what I must tolerate a whole lot easier to endure than conservative wingnuts legislating what I may do with my own body [and legislating obstacles to prevent me from obtaining such rights as they don't like] and who I may marry.
I'm part of the Silent Majority/middle class, and I am far from alone in those beliefs, so if you characterize the Silent Majority as conservative, your response is extremely inaccurate.

Kinda like liberal elitists ignoring the Constitution and taking away our human rights. Only the RIGHTS that liberals deny us ARE rights, some even enumerated in the Bill of RIGHTS.

Many of the "rights" liberals use force for, like "welfare rights", are not rights. They just make them up as they go.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Kinda like liberal elitists ignoring the Constitution and taking away our human rights. Only the RIGHTS that liberals deny us ARE rights, some even enumerated in the Bill of RIGHTS.

Says the person who believes that the 10th Amendment forbids the Federal govt from assuming any rights not "specifically" assigned to it, and conveniently overlooks the part about "the people" having supreme rights to decide what laws prevail.
Which is why we actually have 'human rights' to the basic necessities of life, whether we are able to work or not. Because we, the people, believe that no person should go without food, shelter, medical care, and education in the US. Whether some think they 'deserve' it or not.

Many of the "rights" liberals use force for, like "welfare rights", are not rights. They just make them up as they go.

If you understood the intent of the Constitution, you'd know that it was designed to change as circumstances change - it was never meant to be carved in stone and unchanged forever.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If you understood the intent of the Constitution, you'd know that it was designed to change as circumstances change - it was never meant to be carved in stone and unchanged forever.

The intent of the Constitution was to limit the power of the Federal Government. There are also only TWO LEGAL ways to change it, something that the liberal elitists don't feel bound to follow. Why are they SO AFRAID to make the changes they want too legally? Maybe because they know they would lose.

Do it LEGALLY or go home. There is no "Rule of Law" otherwise.

What part of the Constitution allows the government to grant, alter or remove rights? Do you believe that is a valid government function? Not I.

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
So internet searches to confirm the accuracy of someone's claims should be "solicited"?? Sounds like your "intimate familiarity" might be in question since you're not even familiar with the various spellings of these colloquialisms. Give me a break. :p

OK - thanks for making my point.

A nonsensical response - your characterization of the middle class speaks for itself and actually reinforces my point while doing nothing to refute the accuracy of my response.

Wikipedia is not exactly where one turns for"factual" information. By it's very definition, colloquialisms are just that: coloquial. A slang term doesn't necessarily have an official spelling. I'll give you the same advice AMonger gave me the other day when I started to embark on a subject I had no business commenting on: "Stick to commenting about what you know whatever that is"...