President Hillary Rodham Clinton

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
First [in post 37] it was the 'liberal elitists' taking away your human rights - now, it's the government. What next: aliens? Or maybe gremlins? Wait: I know: it's the Illuminati, right? :rolleyes:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Wikipedia is not exactly where one turns for"factual" information. By it's very definition, colloquialisms are just that: coloquial. A slang term doesn't necessarily have an official spelling. I'll give you the same advice AMonger gave me the other day when I started to embark on a subject I had no business commenting on: "Stick to commenting about what you know whatever that is"...

My son in law is pure west Pa, [bless his heart], and he says "you'uns" - when he wants to see the steam coming from his wife's ears, lol. ;)

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
First [in post 37] it was the 'liberal elitists' taking away your human rights - now, it's the government. What next: aliens? Or maybe gremlins? Wait: I know: it's the Illuminati, right? :rolleyes:

Roadrunner, have you heard? The liberal elitists have infiltrated the goverment.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
This is more than a bit uncalled for. :mad:

I have to look at the evidence. When someone says a Clinton presidency would result in living happily ever after, I figure they're as evil as could be, because it would take someone evil to approve of the conditions a Clinton presidency would produce.

Kind of like a later message in which someone says Michelle Obama is hot; that person is obviously blind.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Muttly, have you heard? The liberal elites [of the 1700's] created the government.

I have heard of them, they believed in a VERY liberal idea of LIMITED GOVERNMENT. They conservatives believed in an all powerful, central government.

We need to return to the true liberal ideas that this nation was founded on. A very limited federal government, with all rights reserved for the States and ultimately the People. A return to a massive, all controlling federal government, would set back the cause of freedom by several centuries.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
What those liberals believed in wasn't about limiting solely the federal govt, it was about limiting each of the parts of the whole: federal & state. It was all about balance.
Currently, the federal govt has too much power, because the citizens let them. Maybe, with the recent disclosures of abuse in the powers held by the feds, that will change. I hope so.