Part IV: An Opposing Viewpoint

witness23

Veteran Expediter
LDB, shouldn't you be looking for a good spot at the Kennedy Center for Beck's "Divine Destiny" get together?

082510lead7.jpg

witness23

Veteran Expediter
Why are you not going to be there?

Nope. I am a Evangelical Christian and Beck does not speak the Gospel, atleast not the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Any right minded Christian who thinks he does spread the Gospel, I suggest you take a good look at your heart and pray about it.

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Nope. I am a Evangelical Christian and Beck does not speak the Gospel, atleast not the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Any right minded Christian who thinks he does spread the Gospel, I suggest you take a good look at your heart and pray about it.

What are you talking about? I never said he spread or spoke the Gospel. I just asked if you were going? I am not. I don't do stuff like that, never had. I can honestly say I have NEVER seen or heard his show and don't care to. I get all the entertainment of that type that I need in here. For REAL entertainment I hunt an fish. Don't need TV, radio or any other kind of FAKE stuff. As to my religious beliefs, they are mine, they are what they are and I suggest you respect my right to believe as as choose. Yours are yours and you are entitled to them. So is everyone else in this country.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
No Leo, the point I have been trying to make seems to be a judgment of an entire religion and the people within that religion solely based on what others are saying that should be.

I have heard a lot of BS. I have seen a lot of comments here and other places - all of which seem to be plausible on the surface but no where near the truth. Neither you or others seem to understand how the religion works, but rather pick on the negatives and ignore any positives or similarities.

Today a country which is 98% of one religion has a real issue on their hands and not one frickn' person is concern about it.

This country has been know for worst behavior than the beheading of criminals in their city squares and have oppressed women for years just like those many claim happen in any Islamic country. NO one has yet come forwarded and spoke about or even written about the human rights violations which are far worst than what happens in the Middle East but others here dwell on the Middle East as it is some sort of h*ll.

We don't look at the carnage that happens within our own borders by the people from this country, which is far worst than 3000 people being killed at that one time but rather seem to d*mn another religion because the masses don't understand it and don't want to.

The other day 72 people were found murdered in Mexico, today the prosecutor who was investigating these murders just up and disappeared while in the same town there were two car bombs. This is worst than Iraq on many levels, one is because if has spilled over here and no one cares that it is happening. This should be our concern, not anything to do with a Mosque or another religion with 5 million followers in our country.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
I saw a sign on the back of a pick-up truck the other day, in my way of thinking it is to the point, " quote I LEARNED ALL I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE ISLAMIC RELIGION ON 9/11."
Perfect example of exactly what I was talking about above:

"afterall, everyone knows ...... it is always better to substitute and adopt a so-called "authority's" views and opinions, rather than relying on your own personal observations of specific individuals, and your own understanding gained from actually reading (without any agenda, other than to just know) said doctrines, and then forming your own informed opinions ...."

.... if one's "authorities" and "opinion leaders" happen to be anonymous individuals driving pickup trucks, well then .... there ya go ....

There certainly are a wide variation in standards out there .... undoubtedly, some are higher than others ....... :rolleyes:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
What are you talking about?
He's talking about himself personally being a Christian - specifically an Evangelical Christian ..... and Glenn Beck, and the fact that, in his opinion, Beck does not speak the Gospel, (specifically the Gospel of Jesus Christ) .....

What part of it didn't you understand ?

Seriously, you really aren't that slow are you ?

BTW, when he said:

"Any right minded Christian who thinks he does spread the Gospel, I suggest you take a good look at your heart and pray about it."

.... you didn't think that the "you" in the above sentence meant you (Layoutshooter) personally, did you ?

In the sense used above, the word you was intended to be indefinite (ie. not referring to any specific individual)

Last edited:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'm nowhere near there and even if I was in DC I have no idea what Beck is doing and no interest so I guess the answer to your question is no. I don't listen to Beck and am annoyed at how many satellite channels they've put him on. One is enough for anyone to be on no matter who they are or what their programming content. I don't even want to hear Elvis or any of the others that have the "celebrity" only channel on the 70's/60's whatever channel. If I want to hear them I'll go to the "celebrity" channel and listen. Otherwise put on all the others from that era who don't have their own channels.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
LDB, shouldn't you be looking for a good spot at the Kennedy Center for Beck's "Divine Destiny" get together?
I think he's already previously engaged ....... with a Koran burning or somethin' ..... :rolleyes:

...... had the TV on last night as I was falling asleep .... and happen to catch this infomercial thing as I was dozing off ..... I nearly barfed and choked myself in semi-conscious state ..... it was for this thing called "The Body Gospel" ..... about using your faith to lose weight and have a better body ....... of course, it was being done for someone's personal profit ....

I can't think of anything more revolting, nor anything so antithetical, to the original message - which was something more along the lines of: You are a spirit - so don't focus on the physical and material, focus on the spiritual (For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also)

Body Gospel

witness23

Veteran Expediter
He's talking about himself personally being a Christian - specifically an Evangelical Christian ..... and Glenn Beck, and the fact that, in his opinion, Beck does not speak the Gospel, (specifically the Gospel of Jesus Christ) .....

What part of it didn't you understand ?

Seriously, you really aren't that slow are you ?

BTW, when he said:

"Any right minded Christian who thinks he does spread the Gospel, I suggest you take a good look at your heart and pray about it."

.... you didn't think that the "you" in the above sentence meant you (Layoutshooter) personally, did you ?

In the sense used above, the word you was intended to be indefinite (ie. not referring to any specific individual)

Couldn't have said it better myself. Especially the part about being slow. I was truly taken aback when he asked, "What are you talking about". I went back to my post to make sure that I didn't make some type of mistake or wasn't coherent. Truly strange.

witness23

Veteran Expediter
I never said he spread or spoke the Gospel.

Never said you did and I'm confused why you even thought that?

I just asked if you were going? I am not. I don't do stuff like that, never had. I can honestly say I have NEVER seen or heard his show and don't care to..

For some reason I am having a hard time believing the above. Can I ask you a serious question layout? Where do you get your news?

I get all the entertainment of that type that I need in here.

What type? If you've never saw or heard Beck how can you make the comparison?

For REAL entertainment I hunt an fish. Don't need TV, radio or any other kind of FAKE stuff.

We know layout, you remind of this fact at every turn. Actually.....it seems that we are all reminded of your distaste for "FAKE" stuff and your hunting and fishing whenever you have been, how do I say this? ummmm....knocked down a peg or two. Just an observation is all.

As to my religious beliefs

Nobody asked about your religious beliefs.

they are mine, they are what they are and I suggest you respect my right to believe as as choose.

Easy killer....why so defensive? Nobody even said anything about your religion, whatever it may be. How can anyone disrespect something we have know idea about. Wow!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Gee Witness, I don't know where to start. I get my news from here and there. Sometimes I catch some of the mainstream silly news. You know, Fox, ABC, NBC, CBS. Not any real difference between them. I read some of the stories I find on the internet. Here and there. I TRY to find as many opposing views as I can. Hard to do. Then compare what I learn with my life experience and what I can see and hear myself.

Beck, Rush, Randy, Oprah etc, all the same in my book. Don't watch or listen to them. They are just entertainers. I don't care for that. I use this forum for entertainment. Lots of funny people in here.

By REAL I mean REAL LIFE. TV is NOT real life. MOVIES are NOT real life. I prefer DOING rather than listening or watching. Like hunting. I COULD watch hunting shows on TV, OR, I COULD go hunting. One is just TV one is LIFE!! It is FAR more fun to film a hunting show yourself than to watch someone elses work.

"Nope. I am a Evangelical Christian and Beck does not speak the Gospel, at least not the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Any right minded Christian who thinks he does spread the Gospel, I suggest you take a good look at your heart and pray about it."

AS to the above, which you wrote, I don't need anyone telling me to look at my heart and pray to determine if Beck speaks the Gospel. I determine for myself if I am a "right minded" Christian, what ever that is. I pray about things that are important.

As to if you believe or not about what I watch or listen or don't watch and listen to, well, look at it this way. There are over 6 BILLION people on this earth. I MIGHT have met maybe 2 or 3 thousand of them over my lifetime. I MIGHT have remained in touch with maybe 200. (excluding family members) I am friends with a fraction of that 200. You do fall into ANY catagory except the 6 billion. So, unless that status changes, it matters not to me what you believe or not.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The first one is MY real life now. It provides relaxation, exercise, fresh air and fresh food. All thing required for real life. I don't care what your REAL life is, other than the expediting part. We don't hang out together. Although, it would be fun to meet you. The second used to be. I no longer am involved in that. Thank God for that. I am just a spectator now, no input to that part of life anymore.

Who knows what is real or not on the news shows/talk shows etc. They only tell us what they want us to know and ALWAYS slant it or leave out things that does not fit their needs. Nothing new there, it has always been that way. That is just ONE of the reasons things are so messed up now.

Funny you picked that picture of a communist nation suppressing freedom. Kinda like the shades of things to come here if the current trend continues, eh?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
another brain fart Joe? discussing TV shows where "ratings" are more important then "facts"

Naw, just killin' time. Got little else to do until I meet up with Leo and Mr. Snappy for lunch today. Doin a little stirrin' and chain rattling. Got keep the post counts up in here!! More posts, more hits and the better EO does!! That is my job as moderator!! :p

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
me and you should have our own TV show and make millions for what we do for free in here....*LOL*

these shows are nothing more then fantasy/reality shows....and all these threads and posts...over a single idea....that no one will ever agree to anyhow....let it die....:p

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
me and you should have our own TV show and make millions for what we do for free in here....*LOL*

these shows are nothing more then fantasy/reality shows....and all these threads and posts...over a single idea....that no one will ever agree to anyhow....let it die....:p

OVM, get real, what else would I do then? :D

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
ummm....get a REAL job? instead of a steering wheel holder? *LOL*

ya outta drive a van where the real meaningful work is.....:p

Yeah right!! meaningful my left foot!! :rolleyes: JOB? NO WAY!! I am looking for ways to become a "bum" then I can get back at least PART of what the government has stolen from me over the years! :D