panther II or express 1

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
"...as for not using punctuation I just type as I think and I feel as though most people who speak english should be able to get the picture without the periods and such..."

As Highway Star eluded to, even when you think inside your head, you have separations of thought, where unconscious commas and periods are put in place to keep all of your thoughts from runningintoeachothersoyoucanthingstraight.

As for wasting people's time, when one doesn't use commas, as in the above quote, you're wasting people's time in trying to figure out what you're saying. Depending on where you place a comma or a period, the above quote can have at least two different meanings.

If you want to convey a message to someone, it only makes sense to do so in a manner in which they can readily understand it. If you talked to people in the same manner that you type, no one would bother listening to you because it's too much trouble to figure out what the heck yer sayin'. All you have to do it type like you speak, or type like you think, and whenever you pause doing either one, put the same pause into your typing. The last thing you should be doing is getting mad at people here simply because you're too lazy with a keyboard.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Turtle, you sly amphibian, that would be "alluded to" ... I'm sure you set this trap for the grammar nazis. Ain't no biggie.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
What if I am a former state auctioneer? I can talk like I have a hundred cars to sell, now 99, now 98. Do you want that load offer for 70, 75,77, or 85 cents per mile? Is it going once, going twice, gone, awarded to the gentleman at Under-Cutters for not 85, not 75, not 65, not 55, not 45, but 35 cents per mile!!!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
To escape the understanding of, the perception of, or appreciation of something, as in the meaning of what Highway Star said has apparently eluded our new communicationally challenged friend.

It's just a bad pun. Alluded would work as it would convey a more standard meaning, and almost went with it. But it started off with illuded, which is the most accurate way to describe it, but may have been a little over the top. So, went with the pun instead.

OK, so illuded isn't one that people use in daily conversation very often, at least not on purpose. So to save you the price of a Google E-ticket:

Even though the more common and more modern usage tends to lean towards trickery or deception, it's from the mid-15th century Middle English, illūdere, to mock or ridicule.

BTW, even fast talking auctioneers are able to effectively communicate their message to the intended recipients. :)

Disclaimer readers, on the other hand...

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
'stotle,

That there thang in da shell is a reptile .... an' he ain't fibbin' neither ........

shawnm1981

Seasoned Expediter
my only response is if all the people on this site was half as intelligent as they claim, why aren't the majority of you running multi million dollar companies instead of barely making it expediting hence you aren't as smart as you think and maybe you deserve your misfortune of going bankrupt expediting

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
my only response is if all the people on this site was half as intelligent as they claim, why aren't the majority of you running multi million dollar companies instead of barely making it expediting hence you aren't as smart as you think and maybe you deserve your misfortune of going bankrupt expediting
That's an easy one. It's because we're all half as intelligent as we claim.

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
So, will someone that hasn't figured out that a sentence is ended with a period or a question mark be able to figure out expediting? Stay tuned...

O.K., maybe I'm being a little bit mean. But, it just baffles me that someone can operate a computer, access the web, become a poster here and still doesn't know how to end a sentence. Didn't we learn that in, like, the 1st grade? If the only punctuation used is a period, it makes the post so much easier to read.

I will now accept the dressing down I'll be getting for not being "warm and fuzzy".
Some people are Just So Anal About Stupid Things Like Punctuation!!!! Nuff Said:p

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Just So Anal About Stupid Things Like Punctuation!!!!
Isn't that from the hit single Exclamation! by DJ Dash Slash and the Fresh Parentheses?

You're just so anal about stupid things like punctuation
All that stompin' on all my creative imagination
I tell you how I feel about my latest revelation
And you're all stuck on an information decoration!

Exclamation! You got it!
Exclamation! You got it!

Yo yo yo check it out.

Periods and commas, a quote apostrophe
Why's everybody always pickin' on me?

My colon slash semicolon is one big fat question mark
My participle's dangling a waitin' for the grammar narc
It wouldn't be so bad if I was loaded and not in park
You don't understand me, well Hey! I resemble that remark!

Exclamation! You got it!
Exclamation! You got it!

Capitals and paragraphs, sentence structure and all its form
You think I need that stuff? I'm here to inform, not to perform
You can take all your little markings and stick them where it's warm
'Cause I do what I do and I won't conform to your reform!

Exclamation! You got it!
Exclamation! You got it!

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yo, yo, yo... that's one bad shelled dood from the west siiiiieede... of Kentucky.

Shawn, as far as responding to your query, I've never been contracted to either company so I have no specific input. All I'd offer is that when opinions on different companies start being given it depends on who you're talking to. You can have one guy that thinks his company is the bees knees. The next guy will come up with a bazillion reasons why they suck. One guy fits in to a company well, the next won't. Why? Could be a lot reasons, who knows? It just works that way.

As far as thinking I'm smart, I'm barely average on a very good day.

Dervish1

Seasoned Expediter
Just a different view. I have been working the Mid Atlantic area for about 5 years as a O/O with my own authority. Hot Shots mostly, with a Sprinter. I have almost no experience with Panther II however, before I went on my own, I started with Express 1. The lessons I learned working with this fine company were and are invaluable, even today. Access to management and trained knowledgeable dispatchers, were important factors but the concern for the individual and inherent integrity of management was refreshing and motivating. Unless things have changed, I would vote for Express 1

Dervish1

Last edited:

inkasnana

Expert Expediter
Isn't that from the hit single Exclamation! by DJ Dash Slash and the Fresh Parentheses?

You're just so anal about stupid things like punctuation
All that stompin' on all my creative imagination
I tell you how I feel about my latest revelation
And you're all stuck on an information decoration!

Exclamation! You got it!
Exclamation! You got it!

Yo yo yo check it out.

Periods and commas, a quote apostrophe
Why's everybody always pickin' on me?

My colon slash semicolon is one big fat question mark
My participle's dangling a waitin' for the grammar narc
It wouldn't be so bad if I was loaded and not in park
You don't understand me, well Hey! I resemble that remark!

Exclamation! You got it!
Exclamation! You got it!

Capitals and paragraphs, sentence structure and all its form
You think I need that stuff? I'm here to inform, not to perform
You can take all your little markings and stick them where it's warm
'Cause I do what I do and I won't conform to your reform!

Exclamation! You got it!
Exclamation! You got it!

I love that song Turtle! I have it on my mp3 player set to repeat! :p

Very, very creative by the way. :D