Palins Fraud...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Looks like if she goes for the multi million dollar book deal she will have pulled off the biggest fraud in politics in modern history.Taking advantage of" A woman in Power" and her tough as nails life...she got the GOPs all worked up all the while she was pulling off her scheme....true to the capitalist nature of America....shes just another Dem dressed up as a Rep....

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Looks like if she goes for the multi million dollar book deal she will have pulled off the biggest fraud in politics in modern history.Taking advantage of" A woman in Power" and her tough as nails life...she got the GOPs all worked up all the while she was pulling off her scheme....true to the capitalist nature of America....shes just another Dem dressed up as a Rep....

You lost me here. :confused:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
she resigns as Govenor for some stupid reason...citing personal crap and has a multi million dollar book offer on the table...

IF she turns down the money and comes back fighting I could change my opinion...

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
she resigns as Govenor for some stupid reason...citing personal crap and has a multi million dollar book offer on the table...

IF she turns down the money and comes back fighting I could change my opinion...

While that would be bad reason to resign it do NOT make her a Dumb-O-Crat. That would make her a capitalist, Dumb-O-Crats hate capitalism!! LOL!!!! :D

2czykats

Seasoned Expediter

Lets say YOU got tired of all the BS about expediting and YOU were getting .50/mile or less and everyone else were getting 1.00/mile. So you quit and say you well not continue for some stupid reason, such as bills can't be paid or some other personal crap and then YOU were offered an expediting gig that paid 5.00/mile guarunteed.

This woulf help your family out a lot and maybe some other members. I bet you would take it and not give a hoot what some republican expeditors thought.

Needless to say I am a strong supporter of Palin from the past, present and hopefully the future. She is ten times better than anyone we have had in many, many years and for sure the dipstick we have in there now.imo

I have never seen enough of an increase in my paycheck or general living expenses for as long as I can remember and the Reagan years were my worst years.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Lets say YOU got tired of all the BS about expediting and YOU were getting .50/mile or less and everyone else were getting 1.00/mile. So you quit and say you well not continue for some stupid reason, such as bills can't be paid or some other personal crap and then YOU were offered an expediting gig that paid 5.00/mile guarunteed.

This woulf help your family out a lot and maybe some other members. I bet you would take it and not give a hoot what some republican expeditors thought.

Needless to say I am a strong supporter of Palin from the past, present and hopefully the future. She is ten times better than anyone we have had in many, many years and for sure the dipstick we have in there now.imo

I have never seen enough of an increase in my paycheck or general living expenses for as long as I can remember and the Reagan years were my worst years.

She is already a millionaire....I am am not....I can be comprimised because I don't have to have scruples or good judgment.....I am NOT in the publics eye....

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
A millionaire? hmmm you know that for a fact??? The is talk that she owes over $500,000 in legal fees since the lost of the election and to defend against all of the BS ethics crap the left has thrown up and proven false..

And even if she is a millionaire, you saying she should just be happy where she is and not be expected to improve her finacial sitution?? you saying once we reach that millionaire status, we shouldn't do whatever works for each individual to make more???

Dreammaker

Seasoned Expediter
Willie Brown the quintessential California democrat says this about that:

Sarah Palin, political genius

Willie Brown

Sunday, July 12, 2009

The pundits are wrong. Conventional wisdom is wrong. Sarah Palin's decision to step down as Alaska governor was a brilliant move.

Palin has some of the best political instincts I have ever seen. She became a pop-culture superstar overnight when John McCain made her his veep pick, and she's still second only to President Obama among politicians the public is interested in. Even in liberal San Francisco, she'd be front-page news if she ever came to town.

But that kind of celebrity comes at a high price. What a lot of people don't know is that Palin entered Alaska politics as a reformer attacking the corruption of the state's Republican establishment. As such, she was the darling of the Democrats - until she hooked up with McCain.

After the election, with Palin back home but positioning herself for a 2012 presidential run, it was clear she would catch nothing but ridicule from Alaska's Democrats. It was not going to be pretty.

If Palin wants to play on the national field, she has to be free to move around. She has to be able to drop into Indiana, Ohio or Tennessee and help Republican candidates raise money. She has to be available for radio and TV.

She has to be like Gavin Newsom, free to roam around the country, safe in the knowledge that things will pretty much take care of themselves back home.

Instead, Palin faced the prospect of being constantly pinned down in a state that is a day and a half away from the rest of America. She would have been totally isolated in every sense of the word.

Now she can study up on issues where she is lacking and become a full-time political celebrity.

The pundits call her a quitter, but let's be honest - the pundits never liked her to begin with. Better to take one hit for stepping down and move on than to stay in Alaska and die a death by a thousand cuts.

Governor or not, Palin is still the biggest star in the Republican galaxy. After all, who else have they got?

From Willie's World: Sarah Palin, political genius.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
My understanding is Palin's home is assessed at 1.2 millionSSS. She and her husband bought this lakefront property many years ago and it has steadily increased in value over time. Palin has earned a decent living as a mayor and governor, but her husband, Todd, has been an entrepreneur as a commercial fisherman and works in the highly lucrative oilfields on the North Slope.

It is not enough for her critics that she be driven into near bankruptcy defending herself against trumped-up ethics charges. Democrats want her ruined beyond any possible hope of her making a comeback. So the plan was to destroy Palin financially, or so it seems. I read somewhere Palin has a multi-million dollar contract to write her book. Hope this is true. People of average means are easily beaten into submission.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
My understanding is Palin's home is assessed at 1.2 millionSSS. She and her husband bought this lakefront property many years ago and it has steadily increased in value over time. Palin has earned a decent living as a mayor and governor, but her husband, Todd, has been an entrepreneur as a commercial fisherman and works in the highly lucrative oilfields on the North Slope.

It is not enough for her critics that she be driven into near bankruptcy defending herself against trumped-up ethics charges. Democrats want her ruined beyond any possible hope of her making a comeback. So the plan was to destroy Palin financially, or so it seems. I read somewhere Palin has a multi-million dollar contract to write her book. Hope this is true. People of average means are easily beaten into submission.

OH NO!!! You mean to say the the Palin's EARNED their money? NO Wonder the Dumb-O-Crats hate her SOOOO much!!! That is totally UN-American!! How can she understand anything if she is NOT a victim!! She cannot feel the PAIN of others then!! :rolleyes:

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Palin stepped down to save the tax payers of Alaska lots of money. She is involved in multiple ethics cases, all of which she is cleared of. Her hands are basically tied and she can't get a thing done. Her decision to step down, releases Alaska from this burden and maybe the they can get some thing done. Brilliant move. Anyways, even so she has accrued nearly 500,000 in legal fees on her own.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
just now reading the Willie Brown article, i remember hearing this stay explaintion of her now being able to move around to the lower 48 and keep her face in front of the people for the coming yrs...i think i posted something to that affect in another thread on her...but Mr Brown has said it the way those with no agenda see it....the dems feel the need to discredit her becuase she is a threat....

I'll donate money to her anytime she ask.....

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
"She is involved in multiple ethics cases, all of which she is cleared of."
Keep in mind that she was cleared by the ultimate authority who makes those decisions, the State Personnel Board, which is comprised of solely of members who are appointed to their job by, ta-da!, the governor.

Palin declared she was not a quitter, and then promptly quit. And did so in the same speech! Made a promise to the people of Alaska, and then just changed her mind, gonna do suntin' else for a while. She's never really known what she wanted to do.

After graduating high school she spent one semester at Hawaii Pacific College, then the North Idaho Community College for two semesters, then she competed in and won the Miss Wasilla, and finished third in the Miss Alaska pageant, winning the coveted title of Miss Congeniality. She then transferred to the University of Idaho, for two semesters, and then transferred back to another community college in Alaska. She then transferred back to the University of Idaho where she spent three whole semesters to finally obtain her communications BA in journalism. Journalism. Where she apparently learned the tough as nails skills of writing like a 12-year old on MySpace.

She then became an eye candy sports reporter for a couple of TV stations in Anchorage.

She ran for City Council and was elected, and then re-elected. But while barely into her second term she quit to run for mayor. She served two 3-year terms as mayor, then ran for Lieutenant Governor, but lost. She was appointed to the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission, as the Chair, which is an open-ended 4 year appointment, and quit after a year.

Still wildly popular, she was elected governor. Part of the problem is her popularity. She's just like us, she's one of us, she IS us. Well, most of us wouldn't be a very good elected official, either, and is why her popularity took a steady nose dive the longer she stayed in office. The other part of the problem is us made her a star and she fell in love with being a star, and while she glowed in the limelight, she found herself wilting in the spotlight.

She discovered that she's not Sarah the Baracuda, a pit bull with or without lipstick, nor as syndicated columnist Ellen Goodman called her, "The mother of five, moose killer and marathoner who juggled a BlackBerry and a breast pump."

After resigning as governor she has described her role in that office as being just plain ol' people, awe shucks and gosh darn it, "This is who I am. This is what I am." Never mind the fact that she doesn't know who she is, what she is, or what she wants. In her resignation speech she said, "Life is about choices."

Yeah, well, clearly for her the choices were to continue to fight with the state legislature, continue to pay her lawyers to defend her ethics charges, continue to put her kids through the ringer, OR, take her show on the road and make a bundle as an author and speaking star before audiences that gosh darn it just adore her.

She says all her options are on the table, but you really have to wonder if she even knows what those options are. I think she'll run for president, or at least pretend to, in order to keep the speaking circuit alive and the money rolling in. For the right paycheck, she'd give it all up for a reality show. But if she does run for president, let's just hope that between now and then she learns at least as much about domestic and foreign policy as Katie Couric.

I like Sarah Palin, too, but good Lord, not for the President of the United States of America. We've already got Obama. Do we really want to lower our standards beyond that?

I'd go for Palin as Team Mom, tho. She's kewl.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Keep in mind that she was cleared by the ultimate authority who makes those decisions, the State Personnel Board, which is comprised of solely of members who are appointed to their job by, ta-da!, the governor.

Palin declared she was not a quitter, and then promptly quit. And did so in the same speech! Made a promise to the people of Alaska, and then just changed her mind, gonna do suntin' else for a while. She's never really known what she wanted to do.

After graduating high school she spent one semester at Hawaii Pacific College, then the North Idaho Community College for two semesters, then she competed in and won the Miss Wasilla, and finished third in the Miss Alaska pageant, winning the coveted title of Miss Congeniality. She then transferred to the University of Idaho, for two semesters, and then transferred back to another community college in Alaska. She then transferred back to the University of Idaho where she spent three whole semesters to finally obtain her communications BA in journalism. Journalism. Where she apparently learned the tough as nails skills of writing like a 12-year old on MySpace.

She then became an eye candy sports reporter for a couple of TV stations in Anchorage.

She ran for City Council and was elected, and then re-elected. But while barely into her second term she quit to run for mayor. She served two 3-year terms as mayor, then ran for Lieutenant Governor, but lost. She was appointed to the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission, as the Chair, which is an open-ended 4 year appointment, and quit after a year.

Still wildly popular, she was elected governor. Part of the problem is her popularity. She's just like us, she's one of us, she IS us. Well, most of us wouldn't be a very good elected official, either, and is why her popularity took a steady nose dive the longer she stayed in office. The other part of the problem is us made her a star and she fell in love with being a star, and while she glowed in the limelight, she found herself wilting in the spotlight.

She discovered that she's not Sarah the Baracuda, a pit bull with or without lipstick, nor as syndicated columnist Ellen Goodman called her, "The mother of five, moose killer and marathoner who juggled a BlackBerry and a breast pump."

After resigning as governor she has described her role in that office as being just plain ol' people, awe shucks and gosh darn it, "This is who I am. This is what I am." Never mind the fact that she doesn't know who she is, what she is, or what she wants. In her resignation speech she said, "Life is about choices."

Yeah, well, clearly for her the choices were to continue to fight with the state legislature, continue to pay her lawyers to defend her ethics charges, continue to put her kids through the ringer, OR, take her show on the road and make a bundle as an author and speaking star before audiences that gosh darn it just adore her.

She says all her options are on the table, but you really have to wonder if she even knows what those options are. I think she'll run for president, or at least pretend to, in order to keep the speaking circuit alive and the money rolling in. For the right paycheck, she'd give it all up for a reality show. But if she does run for president, let's just hope that between now and then she learns at least as much about domestic and foreign policy as Katie Couric.

I like Sarah Palin, too, but good Lord, not for the President of the United States of America. We've already got Obama. Do we really want to lower our standards beyond that?

I'd go for Palin as Team Mom, tho. She's kewl.

Lower than Obama? The only slime lower than Obama is his "Pupper Master"

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Like she said "we (I), are fishermen, we don't go with the flow. Only dead fish goes with the flow....She is not done and I don't think is has quit.

Attachments

• 110508pod1-1.jpg
    110508pod1-1.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 1