PA restaurant bans children under 6yo

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
It does not take many swats on the butt to have kids behave....I can't see the abuse thingee at all....

and to give your kid a swat in public and embarass them usually only takes once or twice....

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
I get really irritated when we go out to eat at a nice restaurant and have to listen to screaming children and ineffectual parents. I want to take the parents outside and whip their butts. We would frequent a restaurant that had this posted on their front door.

LOL just joking ..... I know you didn't mean that :D:p

paullud

Veteran Expediter
It's not just in public anymore. Spanking in general is now frowned upon, and charges can be brought up against the parents. What a bunch of crap. :eek:

I think spanking could be considered child abuse depending on how it is done. My brothers and I would get a couple of cracks from a wooden spoon when we screwed up or a hand for lesser offenses but my mom would always place us in a timeout first to make sure she wasn't doing it while she was angry,my friend was "spanked" bare bottom by his father in the heat of the moment by a leather belt. The issue being that both parents called it a spanking but one left a red mark or small welt the other was much worse. When you use an open hand in public if you look angry and people think you are doing it out of anger they will likely consider it abuse. There is nothing wrong with spanking your children as long as your not doing damage that is there for days.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
"Some Monroeville locals are offended (offended, I tell you) that they're being singled out for having young kids, and pointing fingers at noisy adults."

These are people who never got spanked as a child.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
who here remembers the switch?:eek:and dont even think about bringing mom a thick one!!

No switch here....but I lived as a kid with a great aunt and uncle.....and he shaved wuth a straight razor...and you know what comes together with that....:eek: the Razor Strap....I only crossed them RR tracks once....

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
We had a "Willow" tree in the yard..there were times when I had to go "cut the switch" that was going to be used on my butt....

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Good parenting need not involve spanking. I was never spanked and look how I turned out. :confused:

Well tell your parents thanx for sharing that info with our parents. :p

Ever consider that maybe, as a child, you had a conscience? And it wasn't your parents' doing at all? :eek: :D

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well tell your parents thanx for sharing that info with our parents. :p

Ever consider that maybe, as a child, you had a conscience? And it wasn't your parents' doing at all? :eek: :D

I'm the youngest of 6, so there must have been times when it crossed their minds. :p

butterfly610

Veteran Expediter
I would definitely go to a restaraunt with no noisy children. People are mad because kids rule the world. They come first before anything these days. Hmm, my husband comes first. He's there for life, kids for a season before they leave you to become their own family.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just like smoking and a number of other things this is who should have the right to decide what happens in an establishment, the owner. If the public likes it they make the right decision if not they lose.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I would definitely go to a restaraunt with no noisy children. People are mad because kids rule the world. They come first before anything these days. Hmm, my husband comes first. He's there for life, kids for a season before they leave you to become their own family.

I used to remind my kids that Grizzly Bears eat their young if they stay around too long....LOL

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
One point no one has mentioned: parents who don't 'notice' that their kids are annoying others may also allow the kids to literally run around in public places. For the server carrying a heavy tray of hot food, [or just piled high with dirty dishes] or a coffee pot, or a vision impaired [and slow moving] elderly person, those kids are a safety hazard!
It just amazes me how often children are allowed to do as they please in public - bravo to anyone who is willing to forbid it.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Absolutely Cheri!! Parents that let their kids run around as if they were outside show how much effort they put into parenting to begin with...one of my pet peeves is the little kid that will stand up in the booth and turn around and watch total strangers eat at the booth behind them...I have "t" off more then a few parents by asking them to deal with their child...

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
one of my pet peeves is the little kid that will stand up in the booth and turn around and watch total strangers eat at the booth behind them...I have "t" off more then a few parents by asking them to deal with their child...

I make it a practice to never confront anyone over the age of 14 in public - have no idea who is psychotic, just by looking at them.
Little kids, though? Pffft - it's easy to 'gross them out' - 'specially when their inattentive parents aren't looking....:D

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
one of my pet peeves is the little kid that will stand up in the booth and turn around and watch total strangers eat at the booth behind them...I have "t" off more then a few parents by asking them to deal with their child...

I make it a practice to never confront anyone over the age of 14 in public - have no idea who is psychotic, just by looking at them.
Little kids, though? Pffft - it's easy to 'gross them out' - 'specially when their inattentive parents aren't looking....:D

By showing them your "seefood"? HEEHEE :D

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
one of my pet peeves is the little kid that will stand up in the booth and turn around and watch total strangers eat at the booth behind them
Well, being in restaurant management for 16 years, I've pretty much seen it all. From kids running around and screaming like little banshees to a mother moving things out of the way so she can change a diaper right there on the tabletop.

But kids standing up and turning around to watch someone else eat, that's just kids being kids, being curious. I've seen people react very badly to that. One lady actually flipped a forkload of lasagna at a kid for that, THWOP nailed him right between the eyes. And I've seen others engage the kids and have fun with it. Kids doing that is actually a very common thing. It bothers some, clearly, and if it does the parents should be notified.

But on more than one occasion I had customers come up to me, rather than the parents, and say some kid is staring at them while they're trying to eat. My response was generally the same: One of the benefits of eating in public is that other people get to watch you eat.

But one thing about kids, and trolls, if you let them get to you, they will. Ignore them and they get bored quickly.