Owner playing with my pay

Status
Not open for further replies.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Y'all ain't gonna let this crapped on driver brood by his'sef is ya. Danny, ya gotta support em now. I'm jes kinda wondering if there are many out there that WOULD hold up there part of the bargan. The original poster it seemed whined about a 1000 mile run that most of you would likely kill for. C'mon y'all support him.

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Well I cant sit back and let this go unsaid, I love drivers that get on here screaming and yelling about the horrible owners and leave out important facts that will put them in a unfavorable light. Old Gator signed a document (part of independent contractor agreement) on the day he picked up the van in which he had to state how he wanted to be paid (sent to house or bank) of which he picked sending it to the bank and he gave me the address of his local branch. We pay on Friday, but mail checks to bank on Thursday am, that Thursday night I arrive home to find his check was returned and I immediately call him. I looked up his bank on Yellowpages.com and it showed the address as 1796 vs. 176 which I was given, his comment was maybe he left out a number, but couldn’t figure out why it wouldn’t get there anyway. I sent the check out that next morning to the corrected address and put a stop payment on the other check I had sent that morning and rewrote that one.. A lot of aggravation, but it was done. Contractor pay IS important to us. Come to find out this week after our concern when drive stated still not in bank, I called his bank to straighten out addresses and found out they do not have that location any longer.. The post office delivers to the address on the envelope and if it is not right, they don’t drive around looking for the right location.. they send it back… We re cut new checks today AGAIN.. mailed to house.., Lets hope he knew his home address.

So this guy decided to call some of my other Contractors to see why no one was getting paid, everyone else was.. they gave us the correct info and it works correctly, 3 others have their check sent to their bank as well .. It was the information he gave us. Seemed to not mention that either..

He also failed to say after orientation he had a load next day, 640ish miles, and then a 1048 mile load to which I got a call the next morning stating he never expected to run long miles and wanted to quit??? The sitting in the AZ and then El Paso was unfortunate BUT he also failed to mention that the carrier gave me monies because they felt bad about him sitting and my van not making money, I told them it was not necessary but they insisted, HE received 95 % of that money.. Not his standard percentage that most would give. ..

I am a multi fleet owner, in this business over 13 years and do take care of my people, most have been with me for multiple years, I have not grown my fleet by screwing driver, I have rehired a lot that left for greener pastures.. I maintain my equipment.. I will not stand by and have someone that does not understand try to ruin my name.

I had the enjoyment of drive the sprinter he had home today with the smell of urine in the cab, his dogs, I assume or at lest hope.. So when you b(*&ch about a owner that takes his hard earned money to buy vehicles and have them trashed by someone whom calls themselves a professional, go buy you own **** truck and treat it like crap… I am tired of this crap that owners are the ones out trying to screw drivers when it works both ways…

Two sides to a story.. but lets put is all out there

Yes. And know we know the rest of the story.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Integrity?? Balls?? Pathetic??

Again, pot calling kettle black.

Problem with you?? Sure, at times, but I'm not the only one on this board that has aired this same thought. Greg may hold the record for number of posts here, but you clearly hold the record for number of "characters" used in these forums. One can give their opinion in a certain thread here using 221 characters in a paragraph, but there's always Turtle coming back with a 7200 character/multi paragraphed retort. Sure, some of the information you provide here is quite useful to many, but a lot of it is subliminal "sniping" at what your interpretation of what the facts actually are. I nailed your butt in that "Wow!! A Sprinter actually hit 500K miles" thread by stating exactly what the author said in his article only to be met with multiple sniped postings from you stating what your "interpretation" of what that article said. I factually stated exactly what that article said in 2 little paragraphs but you kept coming back with post after post that contained 1700 words of what your beliefs was to what he said.

And you throw the word "immature" my way??

Look, I could care less that you have your little "followers" that tend to agree with everything you say. I could care less that you seem to want to be the "Go To" guy on this board. We're both grown men who have strong opinions on what we believe are truths in our opinions, but I am not one to take "sniping" lightly. It is very clear that there's a few of you here that try to run this board in a way that "Ya'll" want it to be ran. I am not the first to point this out.

Many boards with thousands of members have those little "cliques" that you are a part of here within them. Many of those boards with thousands of members also have a lot of members that just don't "get involved" because of those little cliques, such as many members here that post sporadically because they also feel it just is not worth it because of you and some of your followers. Me, I don't care. I will not be run off, nor will I take the "sniping" either.

So, take a looooong hard look in the mirror before accusing "me" of tactics "you" blatantly use day in day out with the looong drawn out snipe filled postings against not only me, but other members as well on this board.

Personally, I find a lot of your stuffed very informative. But, what you bring to the table could be said using just 1/4 of how you are bringing it to the table today and without the "sniping". I don't think you will ever admit it when you are in the wrong, of which happens every now and then whether you realize it or not.

You don't like what I have to say then do what Phil has done with Greg. Exercise that "Ignore" option there in your personal settings. Won't hurt my feelings in the least bit. I will not do the same to you though. I will still read through your "novels" to learn, but if "sniping" is directed my way, the same go-round will take place again. Understand.

(Watch - All the little "cronies" will have a say in this also. I'll take Jim-Jams advice of "Ignore-Not worth the effort" towards their replies because quite frankly, they're not worth the effort at all)

This post was uncalled for. I'm not a "little cronie" either. You need to say your sorry to the people of EO or be BANNED.

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
I am No One's Cronie Either, I Just say what I Feel Like and If it Coincides with with someone else's Post then So Be It! :rolleyes:

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
For the sarcastically challenged, I'll repeat my comments with the appropriately slathered sarcastic snort at the end.

Yeah, nothing about loads. And it's pretty common for someone to get out of orientation and then head to Nogales, El Paso and then Chicago, just for the Hеll of it. <snort>

You see, to me, it is plainly evident that he did not drive to these places for the Hеll of it, and did so because he had paying loads which took him there. In addition, equally plainly evident to me, these were very likely loads for which he is due compensation, since there is little reason to send a driver a zero dollars settlement sheet and the owner sent him a settlement sheet in what amounted to a tease showing him monies due, but for reasons unknown, were not paid to the driver.

I'll try to be a little less subtle in my sarcasm, and a little more verbose and wordy with my explanations in the future.

Don't see any sarcasm Turtle just plain common sense. Yep everyday common sense and the ability to understand what your reading! :D

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Don't see any sarcasm Turtle just plain common sense. Yep everyday common sense and the ability to understand what your reading! :D

There was no lack of comprehension, more like trying to pick at the edges. He's just trying to have some soup. (Turtle soup) ;)

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So, where are ya Gatorbait? We haven't heard from you for several days since you, for some odd reason, started a second thread on this subject. You didn't actually complain about a thousand mile load, did ya?

Brisco

Expert Expediter
This post was uncalled for. I'm not a "little cronie" either. You need to say your sorry to the people of EO or be BANNED.

Considering this current little "back and forth" negative discussion is between myself and a particular member, I don't see anywhere near where an "apology" or "banishment" is called for in this case. If you truly didn't consider yourself one of the "little cronies" I spoke of, of which the member "Bruno" never even crossed my mind, then why did you even bother posting a reply?

Trust me, I see dozens and dozens of other members here that never get involved in these shenanigans that contribute greatly to this community that I would never ever consider anyone's "cronie". Now, follow the history of who is all involved in this latest shenanigan and you will clearly see who is in the "cronie" group I speak of.

Said "Member" that started this whole ordeal has shown a "thin skinned" trait when others try to heckle him in a "joshin" manner. Yes, we do have a "Cliff Clavin" type of personality here that gets offended when someone tries to poke him in the ribs in a playful manner. Sad, very sad, because I had no negative intentions with my "hammer-grill" posting. The "Meanness" that has come forth was not brought forth from this side. When one uses words like "Balls, Pathetic, and ****ed Pathetic" directed at another member, how does others expect said member to react??? Run to the medicine cabinet, grab the vasoline, and roll over? I don't think so..............

Only apology I have to offer is, well.........None. An apology from this side is clearly not warranted in this case. And if that is something that You, and others, cannot clearly see with what all has been said back and forth in this thread alone, then their may be quite a few other "little cronies" on this board than I was not aware of.

As I expected, my last post was answered with "Blah Blah Blah" from said member. Looks like 878 words worth. Typical post considering how said member replies to postings. Kind of like trying to argue political issues with a drunk 21 year Liberal student at UC Berkley. They just will not shut up and will continue to state their case to the point of passing stone cold out. So, In Essence, I'll take my own advice above because, well, it just aint "worth the effort".

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Considering this current little "back and forth" negative discussion is between myself and a particular member, I don't see anywhere near where an "apology" or "banishment" is called for in this case. If you truly didn't consider yourself one of the "little cronies" I spoke of, of which the member "Bruno" never even crossed my mind, then why did you even bother posting a reply?

Trust me, I see dozens and dozens of other members here that never get involved in these shenanigans that contribute greatly to this community that I would never ever consider anyone's "cronie". Now, follow the history of who is all involved in this latest shenanigan and you will clearly see who is in the "cronie" group I speak of.

Said "Member" that started this whole ordeal has shown a "thin skinned" trait when others try to heckle him in a "joshin" manner. Yes, we do have a "Cliff Clavin" type of personality here that gets offended when someone tries to poke him in the ribs in a playful manner. Sad, very sad, because I had no negative intentions with my "hammer-grill" posting. The "Meanness" that has come forth was not brought forth from this side. When one uses words like "Balls, Pathetic, and ****ed Pathetic" directed at another member, how does others expect said member to react??? Run to the medicine cabinet, grab the vasoline, and roll over? I don't think so..............

Only apology I have to offer is, well.........None. An apology from this side is clearly not warranted in this case. And if that is something that You, and others, cannot clearly see with what all has been said back and forth in this thread alone, then their may be quite a few other "little cronies" on this board than I was not aware of.

As I expected, my last post was answered with "Blah Blah Blah" from said member. Looks like 878 words worth. Typical post considering how said member replies to postings. Kind of like trying to argue political issues with a drunk 21 year Liberal student at UC Berkley. They just will not shut up and will continue to state their case to the point of passing stone cold out. So, In Essence, I'll take my own advice above because, well, it just aint "worth the effort".

Sometimes we all need to take a look in the mirror even though we may be afraid of what we'll see.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter

And just as predicted you didn't respond to any of the points addressed in an earlier post, but continue to try and berate some members here. By the way your first post on EO was over 2,200 words.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Brisco; Said "Member" that started this whole ordeal has shown a "thin skinned" trait when others try to heckle him in a "joshin" manner. Yes said:
Classic response from a bully, when challenged: "I was just kidding, you can't take a joke."

What I think is that Briscoe makes it a hobby, finding an active forum with lots of members, lurking to identify who's who, establishing himself with a few posts as an intelligent guy, [though it'd be more convincing if he bothered with spellcheck, :rolleyes:], and then begins his campaign of sniping at those he perceives to be the most respected. Or popular, whatever.
It probably makes him feel quite superior, but I'm not gonna play along.
I hate bullies.
[/FONT]

Brisco

Expert Expediter
Classic response from a bully, when challenged: "I was just kidding, you can't take a joke."

What I think is that Briscoe makes it a hobby, finding an active forum with lots of members, lurking to identify who's who, establishing himself with a few posts as an intelligent guy, [though it'd be more convincing if he bothered with spellcheck, :rolleyes:], and then begins his campaign of sniping at those he perceives to be the most respected. Or popular, whatever.
It probably makes him feel quite superior, but I'm not gonna play along.
I hate bullies.

Snippets from a couple PM's said one above and I have shared:

Don't know how long you may have been lurking, but here's my view: EO used to be a 'must read' site, with plenty of controversy, and not a little wit [ever read some of Moot or Turtle's old stuff? Classic!] It was never an 'insider's' kind of site, like the other one - it was a superior place to hang out.
It's not so much anymore. Nearly everyone who 'didn't fit in' with the prevailing pundits has faded [or been driven] away, much to our loss.

.....all the core group are friends of mine, and I hate seeing what they created become another board for the ignorant loudmouths to spout trash on, is all.

But I really believe that if (name deleted out respect to Cheri even though none was shown above towards me) continues to monopolize this site, the interest level is just going to keep dropping off, as it has for awhile. Number of folks online doesn't mean nearly as much as the number of folks who participate, IMO.

....You're probly right, EO has already crossed the line, and like MASH & SNL, is never again going to be what it was, sigh.

And I can't do the 'ignore' thing, it's not in my nature to pretend the morons don't exist, or avoid reading what I disagree with, either.

......thanks for listening. Hope you'll become an active participant, as we need all the good brains we can get!

Really sad to see a member I have high respect for play both sides of the field. Guess that's the nature of the board though huh Cheri? Talk about others behind their backs, then side with others who are practicing what you so despise. Sad........

Not to worry Cheri, will keep names other opinions shared in PM's private.

From Jim-Jam:
And just as predicted you didn't respond to any of the points addressed in an earlier post, but continue to try and berate some members here. By the way your first post on EO was over 2,200 words.

I have responded when and where a response was needed. I'm not going to continue on with a quote quote quote quote back and forth barage.

2200 words in my first post?? Probably was, but after 10 years of lurking, I had a lot to say. Moot point today though cause I've never presented myself as a know it all member with one 2200 word post after another, and another, and another, and so on.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You actually posted pm's you received? Your a sad man, it doesn't get much lower than that.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Briscoe: you just crashed & burned: the P in private message means private, or 'not for publication' and you most certainly had not asked for permission to reprint my words. [Which were written quite awhile ago, in response to your dig at me in the forums.] It's a flaw in my character maybe, but I trust folks, until they give me reason not to. You have done that.
You have no credibility - even if you aren't banned [which I think you should be, for publishing private msgs] no one with half a brain will trust you.
BTW: I stand by my words, public and private, but there was a reason I chose not to publish some opinions, one you apparently cannot understand. Or more likely, pretend you don't, to fan the flamefest.

Last edited:

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Briscoe: you just crashed & burned: the P in private message means private, or 'not for publication' and you most certainly had not asked for permission to reprint my words. [Which were written quite awhile ago, in response to your dig at me in the forums.]
You have no credibility - even if you aren't banned [which I think you should be, for publishing private msgs] no one with half a brain will trust you.
BTW: I stand by my words, public and private, but there was a reason I chose not to publish some opinions, one you apparently cannot understand. Or more likely, pretend you don't, to fan the flamefest.

I Concur. It is time for a banning and a locking of this thread. enough is enough!

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Heres the thing as I see it with your 'responses'. Thinking back to an earlier thread about PII you made several disparaging comments about PII's recruiters and their qualification process. Stating more less that they sent up warning bells because of the length of time it took you to fill out the application compared to the length of time that it took them to okay you. After I explained how some companies process applicants and that I had experience in the very thing that you were railing about, but you ignored the post and decided to instead bit(h about the quoting of you. Never did you mention the fact that you only thought you knew what you were talking about (and you didn't) but you never admitted that you weren't all knowing. (which your not) Although you could be a good contributer here, you seem to need to win a conversation, without listening to other points of view.

But you can just keep on keepin on.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Time to shut this down as it has went way off track from the original subject.
Also, please refrain from posting personal PM's from other members as that violates the code of coduct rules for the site.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Snippets from a couple PM's said one above and I have shared:

Really sad to see a member I have high respect for play both sides of the field. Guess that's the nature of the board though huh Cheri? Talk about others behind their backs, then side with others who are practicing what you so despise. Sad........

Not to worry Cheri, will keep names other opinions shared in PM's private

I hereby grant permission for you to share any and all pm msgs from me, [though names must be withheld, out of the respect for them that I intended by keeping my opinions private in the first place - if I didn't respect them, I'd have no qualms about posting what I think.]
There is no playing both sides on my part, and I resent the insinuation that I would trash anyone in private, while complimenting them in public.
If you thought it was a reluctance to confront anyone, you have now been corrected.
Bring it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.