Owner playing with my pay

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I might play devils advocate that Nogales to El Paso was empty for the heck of it in hopes of better luck but it seems obvious jobs were run. As stated, people don't leave orientation and choose those various places to ramble between.

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
Turtles do more than snort, they can be very foul animals. They almost never use toilets. They do not ever clean up after themselves and they bite. LOL!! I don't think I would ever want to be a turtle. They are very good when made into soup.

Keep that in mind when in Michigan, Turtle. There a many places around where I live that serve turtle soup. I would not like to see you end up as someone's dinner!!! Might want to use a different name when around the Monroe area!! Just to be safe!! LOL!!! :p

Hmmm, is that kinda like a veiled threat?

<snort>

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
Yeah, nothing about loads. And it's pretty common for someone to get out of orientation and then head to Nogales, El Paso and then Chicago, just for the Hеll of it.
My thoughts exactly...If I don't know anything else at all, I know this: there are 3 sides to every story, yours, mine , and the truth.

DannyD

Veteran Expediter
Post following original OP's post WAS uncalled for, period, flat out, end of story.

Oh, that's just our resident hypocrite KerNaL off pop-pOp-PoPPin his jaws off. If ya notice in his post below he wails on about the employee mentality, as if wanting to get paid makes one an employee.

Other times he'll talk about how people should be running a business, & then reams the ones who don't take unprofitable runs, or runs they can't do safely or just whatever.

He's going to side w/ the owner & against the driver 100% of the time unless the driver is one of his boyfriends.

I've heard he runs a decent business. If he does there's no way in hades he treats his drivers like he comes off on here. Eventually someone would knock him out if he did. So while I have no proof, my guess is he's either making these comments to get a rise out of people or face to face he's decent but has these thoughts below the surface.

So w/ that in mind, if ya see one of his posts just think of him like some grandma's chihuaha yappin on the porch as ya do your morning jog.

Reactions: 1 person

Brisco

Expert Expediter
Oh, that's just our resident hypocrite KerNaL off pop-pOp-PoPPin his jaws off. If ya notice in his post below he wails on about the employee mentality, as if wanting to get paid makes one an employee.

Other times he'll talk about how people should be running a business, & then reams the ones who don't take unprofitable runs, or runs they can't do safely or just whatever.

He's going to side w/ the owner & against the driver 100% of the time unless the driver is one of his boyfriends.

I've heard he runs a decent business. If he does there's no way in hades he treats his drivers like he comes off on here. Eventually someone would knock him out if he did. So while I have no proof, my guess is he's either making these comments to get a rise out of people or face to face he's decent but has these thoughts below the surface.

So w/ that in mind, if ya see one of his posts just think of him like some grandma's chihuaha yappin on the porch as ya do your morning jog.

Haha..........

I didn't really take what he said seriously, just kinda repeated what Dale had said. (Dreamer)

And, with that in mind...........I will take your advice on his postings. Every board has their yap yap chihuaha that you have to put up with, just as every board has their "Cliff Clavin" you have to put up with.

No name mentioned, but I hear they make great soup. Down here in Texas we just whack the shell with a hammer and throw the meat on the grill.

dscincexp

Seasoned Expediter
Well I cant sit back and let this go unsaid, I love drivers that get on here screaming and yelling about the horrible owners and leave out important facts that will put them in a unfavorable light. Old Gator signed a document (part of independent contractor agreement) on the day he picked up the van in which he had to state how he wanted to be paid (sent to house or bank) of which he picked sending it to the bank and he gave me the address of his local branch. We pay on Friday, but mail checks to bank on Thursday am, that Thursday night I arrive home to find his check was returned and I immediately call him. I looked up his bank on Yellowpages.com and it showed the address as 1796 vs. 176 which I was given, his comment was maybe he left out a number, but couldn’t figure out why it wouldn’t get there anyway. I sent the check out that next morning to the corrected address and put a stop payment on the other check I had sent that morning and rewrote that one.. A lot of aggravation, but it was done. Contractor pay IS important to us. Come to find out this week after our concern when drive stated still not in bank, I called his bank to straighten out addresses and found out they do not have that location any longer.. The post office delivers to the address on the envelope and if it is not right, they don’t drive around looking for the right location.. they send it back… We re cut new checks today AGAIN.. mailed to house.., Lets hope he knew his home address.

So this guy decided to call some of my other Contractors to see why no one was getting paid, everyone else was.. they gave us the correct info and it works correctly, 3 others have their check sent to their bank as well .. It was the information he gave us. Seemed to not mention that either..

He also failed to say after orientation he had a load next day, 640ish miles, and then a 1048 mile load to which I got a call the next morning stating he never expected to run long miles and wanted to quit??? The sitting in the AZ and then El Paso was unfortunate BUT he also failed to mention that the carrier gave me monies because they felt bad about him sitting and my van not making money, I told them it was not necessary but they insisted, HE received 95 % of that money.. Not his standard percentage that most would give. ..

I am a multi fleet owner, in this business over 13 years and do take care of my people, most have been with me for multiple years, I have not grown my fleet by screwing driver, I have rehired a lot that left for greener pastures.. I maintain my equipment.. I will not stand by and have someone that does not understand try to ruin my name.

I had the enjoyment of drive the sprinter he had home today with the smell of urine in the cab, his dogs, I assume or at lest hope.. So when you b(*&ch about a owner that takes his hard earned money to buy vehicles and have them trashed by someone whom calls themselves a professional, go buy you own **** truck and treat it like crap… I am tired of this crap that owners are the ones out trying to screw drivers when it works both ways…

Two sides to a story.. but lets put is all out there

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
Haha..........

I didn't really take what he said seriously, just kinda repeated what Dale had said. (Dreamer)

And, with that in mind...........I will take your advice on his postings. Every board has their yap yap chihuaha that you have to put up with, just as every board has their "Cliff Clavin" you have to put up with.

No name mentioned, but I hear they make great soup. Down here in Texas we just whack the shell with a hammer and throw the meat on the grill.

Wow. Grilled and soupified (is that a word?) in the same thread.

Is the "Cliff Claven" comment something like someone piping up about a credit applicant with a 600 Beacon score only being granted credit for a Ford Pinto and a courier job?

There could be lots of reasons for a 600 credit score, either in the Beacon, FICO, or Empirica models, and late payments may not have a thing to do with them.

I give Turtle credit. He speaks of what he knows. No chihuahua in my book. Or did I miss the sarcasm?

Snort.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Haha..........

Was that really necessary?

Brisco

Expert Expediter
From usa:
Is the "Cliff Claven" comment something like someone piping up about a credit applicant with a 600 Beacon score only being granted credit for a Ford Pinto and a courier job?

There could be lots of reasons for a 600 credit score, either in the Beacon, FICO, or Empirica models, and late payments may not have a thing to do with them.

Snort.

Go back and read the whole thread. I believe I made a very clear and objectionable point towards someone with a "600" credit score wanting to buy a $100,000 truck. I don't care what the "reasons" are for a 600 score, plain and simple truth is a 600 score does not deserve a $100,000 truck. Same logic applies to someone making a $40,000 a year that wants to buy a $300,000 house. Earn your keep and live within your means, period.

Snort...

From Turtle:
Was that really necessary?

At times, sure. Today this wasn't posted in a "derogatory" manner, just joshin' with ya. If you took it negatively, Oh Well...................

From Jim-Jam
Just ignore him, he's not worth the effort.

Pot calling kettle black. I apologize that you can't never seem to get the upper hand when dealing with me. Hell, Russell nailed the Supreme Boston Rob on Survivor last night, so who knows, your day may come too.

I don't see it any time soon though.....................

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
You call it joshing, but based on your previous postings and attitude, it seems disingenuous. It was out of the blue, out of context, and really not called for at all. An awful lot of your comments throughout your posting history here, and elsewhere, dance around the personal attack with cheap shots at people, rather than dealing straight with the issues. Oh, you'll deal with the issues, but it's a rare post of yours that doesn't also include a little swipe at someone. It would seem that you prefer to win, to get the upper hand, really don't like it when someone disagrees with you on any matter, and will make every effort to keep that upper hand, to win, by sliding in snide remarks about personalities when there is no reason to do so, other than they have disagreed with you at one time or another. Apparently having that upper hand is important to you. It's not a contest, ya know. No one else cares. Let it go and move on. Sheesh.

Now, to guarantee myself many months of pointless, sophomoric jabs...
If you've got a problem with me, man up and let's hear it. Right here, or in a PM, and we'll deal with it, I'm fine with it either way. I don't think you've got the integrity or the balls to do it in public, because when you state your case it's gonna look pretty dаmned pathetic, but I might be surprised. Otherwise, keep your personal snipes to yourself. It's really quite immature. But if you so enjoy having that superior upper hand, so be it.

Brisco

Expert Expediter
Now, to guarantee myself many months of pointless, sophomoric jabs...
If you've got a problem with me, man up and let's hear it. Right here, or in a PM, and we'll deal with it, I'm fine with it either way. I don't think you've got the integrity or the balls to do it in public, because when you state your case it's gonna look pretty dаmned pathetic, but I might be surprised. Otherwise, keep your personal snipes to yourself. It's really quite immature. But if you so enjoy having that superior upper hand, so be it.

Integrity?? Balls?? Pathetic??

Again, pot calling kettle black.

Problem with you?? Sure, at times, but I'm not the only one on this board that has aired this same thought. Greg may hold the record for number of posts here, but you clearly hold the record for number of "characters" used in these forums. One can give their opinion in a certain thread here using 221 characters in a paragraph, but there's always Turtle coming back with a 7200 character/multi paragraphed retort. Sure, some of the information you provide here is quite useful to many, but a lot of it is subliminal "sniping" at what your interpretation of what the facts actually are. I nailed your butt in that "Wow!! A Sprinter actually hit 500K miles" thread by stating exactly what the author said in his article only to be met with multiple sniped postings from you stating what your "interpretation" of what that article said. I factually stated exactly what that article said in 2 little paragraphs but you kept coming back with post after post that contained 1700 words of what your beliefs was to what he said.

And you throw the word "immature" my way??

Look, I could care less that you have your little "followers" that tend to agree with everything you say. I could care less that you seem to want to be the "Go To" guy on this board. We're both grown men who have strong opinions on what we believe are truths in our opinions, but I am not one to take "sniping" lightly. It is very clear that there's a few of you here that try to run this board in a way that "Ya'll" want it to be ran. I am not the first to point this out.

Many boards with thousands of members have those little "cliques" that you are a part of here within them. Many of those boards with thousands of members also have a lot of members that just don't "get involved" because of those little cliques, such as many members here that post sporadically because they also feel it just is not worth it because of you and some of your followers. Me, I don't care. I will not be run off, nor will I take the "sniping" either.

So, take a looooong hard look in the mirror before accusing "me" of tactics "you" blatantly use day in day out with the looong drawn out snipe filled postings against not only me, but other members as well on this board.

Personally, I find a lot of your stuffed very informative. But, what you bring to the table could be said using just 1/4 of how you are bringing it to the table today and without the "sniping". I don't think you will ever admit it when you are in the wrong, of which happens every now and then whether you realize it or not.

You don't like what I have to say then do what Phil has done with Greg. Exercise that "Ignore" option there in your personal settings. Won't hurt my feelings in the least bit. I will not do the same to you though. I will still read through your "novels" to learn, but if "sniping" is directed my way, the same go-round will take place again. Understand.

(Watch - All the little "cronies" will have a say in this also. I'll take Jim-Jams advice of "Ignore-Not worth the effort" towards their replies because quite frankly, they're not worth the effort at all)

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Brisco said:
Pot calling kettle black. I apologize that you can't never seem to get the upper hand when dealing with me. Hell, Russell nailed the Supreme Boston Rob on Survivor last night, so who knows, your day may come too.

I don't see it any time soon though.....................
Upper hand? Is that what you think this is all about? That seems to explain some of your responses.

Are you comparing yourself to "Boston Rob"? If so, I have to agree that you seem to be similar to Rob.

I will still read through your "novels" to learn, but if "sniping" is directed my way, the same go-round will take place again. Understand.
Do you mean that if Turtle disagrees with you that you will "attack" him and his post? Are you responding to the posts or to the poster?

Thanks for the long read. Comments, good and bad are welcome. I can give it just as well as some of you can, so look out.

This is from your first post on the EOL Forum. Were you forewarning others (us) that you are combative? Your statement that comments good and bad are welcome, really meant just make sure we don't disagree with you.

Nie unter der Schätzung, was jemandes Hintergrund sein kann. Ich lebte in Deutschland seit fast 4 Jahren. Ich werde wahrscheinlich mehr erzogen als 95 % von Ihnen Kerle hier. Schade mein Niveau der Intelligenz ärgert Sie. Lebend damit.
Although your German is decent,(you made several mistakes in the grammar and sentence structure) when you are trying to say either you were raised better, or that you are better than 95% of us This says more about your attitude then anything else.

Last edited:

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Well now, seems Gator has caused some lively finger movement. It's all good!

I guess if I "yap from the porch" enough I (might) be able to cause some of these owners to be more vigilant concerning placing some of these brok dik drivers in their equipment that have handled their personal affairs so poorly that there is zero tollerance for the snafu's that lurk on every corner of this business. Many folks don't/don't wanna understand how distracting and time consuming one fool can be from the matters of ALL the others in the fleet. If it were me, i'd be mad as hell at the fools causing the distractions from YOU.....insteada defending them. I thought one time a long time ago i'd seen it all. Soon after I realized I would never live long enough to see it all....there is one born each second, able to figgure a new way to try.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Problem with you?? Sure, at times, but I'm not the only one on this board that has aired this same thought. Greg may hold the record for number of posts here, but you clearly hold the record for number of "characters" used in these forums. One can give their opinion in a certain thread here using 221 characters in a paragraph, but there's always Turtle coming back with a 7200 character/multi paragraphed retort.
Yes, I'm long winded. I figure if I'm going to speak my mind, I might as well speak it fully, whether it's offering up an opinion or information. Too much information is generally preferable to too little. I generally try to give a basic answer in the first paragraph or two, and will then elaborate. People can choose to stop reading at any time.

Sure, some of the information you provide here is quite useful to many, but a lot of it is subliminal "sniping" at what your interpretation of what the facts actually are. I nailed your butt in that "Wow!! A Sprinter actually hit 500K miles" thread by stating exactly what the author said in his article only to be met with multiple sniped postings from you stating what your "interpretation" of what that article said. I factually stated exactly what that article said in 2 little paragraphs but you kept coming back with post after post that contained 1700 words of what your beliefs was to what he said.
No, you pulled two sentences out and gave it a completely different meaning from the article as a whole, and did so to prove that your opinion about the Sprinter is the one and only true and correct opinion. I called you on it, and you've been pouting about it ever since.

And you throw the word "immature" my way??
Yes, absolutely. You're a whiny little crybaby who doesn't like to lose, and you're a bad loser when you do. You can't stand it when someone disagrees with you, even on pure opinion where there is no right or wrong.

Look, I could care less that you have your little "followers" that tend to agree with everything you say. I could care less that you seem to want to be the "Go To" guy on this board.
Actually, I could care less, as well. I have no illusions about myself here. EO got along just fine before I got here, and will get along just fine when I'm gone. And just like I did when I got here, some other goober will take my place.

We're both grown men who have strong opinions on what we believe are truths in our opinions, but I am not one to take "sniping" lightly.
Well, duh, then quit sniping at people out of context and in other threads. Address people directly instead of days later in an unrelated thread.

Do keep in mind that I have never, not even once, snipped at you out of context in a different thread. I'll address you directly and in context, not like you've done here and elsewhere, many times to many people.

You would do well to learn to reply to what was posted, rather than to the poster. I know that flies in the face of gaining the upper hand on people, but that's the way it goes.

It is very clear that there's a few of you here that try to run this board in a way that "Ya'll" want it to be ran. I am not the first to point this out.
Welcome to life. Message boards are communities, just like in real life. And just like in real life, when you come to a new community, either you fit it or you don't, and those who don't fit in have a real hard time in changing everyone else who is already there. Every community asks that you accept things as they are, rather than trying to make them into what you think they should be.

Many boards with thousands of members have those little "cliques" that you are a part of here within them. Many of those boards with thousands of members also have a lot of members that just don't "get involved" because of those little cliques, such as many members here that post sporadically because they also feel it just is not worth it because of you and some of your followers. Me, I don't care. I will not be run off, nor will I take the "sniping" either.
It's pretty funny that you're trying to make yourself out to be the victim of drive-by snipings.

So, take a looooong hard look in the mirror before accusing "me" of tactics "you" blatantly use day in day out with the looong drawn out snipe filled postings against not only me, but other members as well on this board.
Like I said, I don't snipe, I address directly. You on the other hand will toss in little shots at others in threads far removed from threads that prompted it. You sit back and wait, and then out of nowhere you take shots at others in the third person, rather than addressing them directly at the time it should have been done. When you do address them directly, if you don't emerge the clear winner, it's just a waiting game before you snipe at them later. My mirror looks just fine.

You are apparently equating "sniping" with "disagreeing with Brisco". When someone disagrees with you, they aren't sniping at you, they are merely disagreeing with you, and most will do so on the issues. You on the other hand cannot disagree with someone while sticking to just the issues, you must also take personal shots or try to discredit them in some way outside of the issues while doing it to the point where it comes off as, "How dare you disagree with me, you insignificant piece of crap!" Stick to replying to what was posted, rather than to who posted it, and you won't come off as looking like an immature crybaby.

Personally, I find a lot of your stuffed very informative. But, what you bring to the table could be said using just 1/4 of how you are bringing it to the table today and without the "sniping". I don't think you will ever admit it when you are in the wrong, of which happens every now and then whether you realize it or not.
I can't help that you have a personal problem with my writing style. But it is your problem, not mine.

You don't like what I have to say then do what Phil has done with Greg. Exercise that "Ignore" option there in your personal settings. Won't hurt my feelings in the least bit. I will not do the same to you though. I will still read through your "novels" to learn, but if "sniping" is directed my way, the same go-round will take place again. Understand.
Oh, I understand. I understand that you don't like it when people disagree with you, and you call that sniping, but when you do the sniping, it's OK.

(Watch - All the little "cronies" will have a say in this also. I'll take Jim-Jams advice of "Ignore-Not worth the effort" towards their replies because quite frankly, they're not worth the effort at all)
Excellent example of the condescending attitude you have towards people on these boards. Classic. If anyone responds, you can ignore them to prove you are superior, and to prove that they are, in fact, "little cronies". But the real reason you won't respond is because you can't substantiate your position without taking pot shots at those who do. This is the problem with responding to the poster, rather than to what was posted. It always becomes personal, and little it to be gained by it (unless the goal is to maintain the upper hand).

What will be particularly telling is if you do respond.

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well I cant sit back and let this go unsaid, I love drivers that get on here screaming and yelling about the horrible owners and leave out important facts that will put them in a unfavorable light. Old Gator signed a document (part of independent contractor agreement) on the day he picked up the van in which he had to state how he wanted to be paid (sent to house or bank) of which he picked sending it to the bank and he gave me the address of his local branch. We pay on Friday, but mail checks to bank on Thursday am, that Thursday night I arrive home to find his check was returned and I immediately call him. I looked up his bank on Yellowpages.com and it showed the address as 1796 vs. 176 which I was given, his comment was maybe he left out a number, but couldn’t figure out why it wouldn’t get there anyway. I sent the check out that next morning to the corrected address and put a stop payment on the other check I had sent that morning and rewrote that one.. A lot of aggravation, but it was done. Contractor pay IS important to us. Come to find out this week after our concern when drive stated still not in bank, I called his bank to straighten out addresses and found out they do not have that location any longer.. The post office delivers to the address on the envelope and if it is not right, they don’t drive around looking for the right location.. they send it back… We re cut new checks today AGAIN.. mailed to house.., Lets hope he knew his home address.

So this guy decided to call some of my other Contractors to see why no one was getting paid, everyone else was.. they gave us the correct info and it works correctly, 3 others have their check sent to their bank as well .. It was the information he gave us. Seemed to not mention that either..

He also failed to say after orientation he had a load next day, 640ish miles, and then a 1048 mile load to which I got a call the next morning stating he never expected to run long miles and wanted to quit??? The sitting in the AZ and then El Paso was unfortunate BUT he also failed to mention that the carrier gave me monies because they felt bad about him sitting and my van not making money, I told them it was not necessary but they insisted, HE received 95 % of that money.. Not his standard percentage that most would give. ..

I am a multi fleet owner, in this business over 13 years and do take care of my people, most have been with me for multiple years, I have not grown my fleet by screwing driver, I have rehired a lot that left for greener pastures.. I maintain my equipment.. I will not stand by and have someone that does not understand try to ruin my name.

I had the enjoyment of drive the sprinter he had home today with the smell of urine in the cab, his dogs, I assume or at lest hope.. So when you b(*&ch about a owner that takes his hard earned money to buy vehicles and have them trashed by someone whom calls themselves a professional, go buy you own **** truck and treat it like crap… I am tired of this crap that owners are the ones out trying to screw drivers when it works both ways…

Two sides to a story.. but lets put is all out there

Thanks for the explanation ...just goes to show YES there is always another side to a story..

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Until a person learns to respect themselves they cannot respect others. Its amazing how that little statement proves itself over and over again.

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
Quote from Brisco:
"Earn your keep and live within your means, period."

Means plays no part in a credit score. You type just to see your handle in print. Speak of what you know. Further, if you are living within your means, why are you borrowing others' money?

Et tu, Brute. Pot, meet kettle.

I'm nobody's crony, but will take your advice.

Ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.