One Man Fight to Save the Expedited Trucking Industry

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
I can see both!
010_zpsceinmva2.jpg
I can't see thru the trees. All I see is a portal. And it needs to be blown up asap. Anyone in the area?

Attachments

• 1434475752080.jpg
    1434475752080.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 26
Reactions: Moot

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Slo-Ride take it easy.....Bro!
I cant ,,Google has me hooked and with the Anomaly coming this Saturday I would almost take a load into Wisconsin if I felt the carrier would find freight afterwards to join upwards of 15,000 others from around the world to participate this Saturday..

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Lawyers will try and drag everyone they can into it. They could argue the software enabled illegal activity. Would they win....???

When a murderer shoots an innocent person, it is the murderer who is prosecuted, not the gun manufacturer. When a drunk kills an innocent person, it is the drunk they go after, not the car dealer who sold the drunk the car.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
When a murderer shoots an innocent person, it is the murderer who is prosecuted, not the gun manufacturer. When a drunk kills an innocent person, it is the drunk they go after, not the car dealer who sold the drunk the car.

I am not sure that is true. If the dealer sells a gun to an unlicensed person????? Sell software and facilitate the brokerage transactions to an unlicensed broker.....yes, you would have exposure. If we give a load to an improperly insured carrier do we have liability in the event of an accident...yes we do. It's called negligent hiring.... a lot of cases for big money out there right now.

Reactions: Moot and davekc

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Gun manufacturers aren't prosecuted, but they are sued in civil court. And in drunk driving, the bartender who sold the drinks can be criminally liable.

Reactions: Moot

deadhead

Veteran Expediter
While your at it Google, Russian Truckers in America,watch a few Utube videos and read a few stories about of things happening you may or may not be aware of.I found the ones about the russian drivers that are missing after loaded with A&E loads.No more loads no more drivers! Now how did they get those loads? The state examiner getting cash for CDLs',don't do the crime if you can't do the time.Or the one about the guys 6yr old reading them the questions english to russian on the test.Must have been an open book test! Ask yourself do we really have anything to worry about,soon they just blend right in we all one big happy family.

littlejoe

Veteran Expediter
No we're not "in this together". This is business, pure and simple.

You want solidarity? Join a labor union.

Sorry if that's cold and hard, but if it comes down to my family or yours getting groceries, I'll be sharpening my knife.

I have been part of 4 different unions and not a damned one of them helped me keep my job ....

Take that " union solidarity" noise and forget about it

Reactions: jelliott

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Gun manufacturers aren't prosecuted, but they are sued in civil court. And in drunk driving, the bartender who sold the drinks can be criminally liable.

In my point above, I distinguished between the tool and the use of it. A gun, or a car, or a software program by itself is a thing. People do not prosecute or sue things. They prosecute or sue people who inappropriately possess the things in question or use them for illegal ends. A carrier may very well indeed be tagged with negligent hiring when it used a certain software program to hire an uninsured truck that caused a bad wreck but that is on the carrier, not on the software or the company that made the software. The software did not do wrong in such a case, the carrier did.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I think you are wrong. Take for instance craigslist. Did the govt come after them for turning a blind eye to illegal "transactions"? If the software company is paid on a transactional basis (as many cloud based SAS systems are) then they profited by the transaction. Completely open to lawsuits.....