ON and QC speed limiter

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Get another one set up, quick!! Just have everyone shut down on what ever road they are on and just sit there for 24 hours. That would get someones attention!!! LOL. We are headed up into QC tomorrow afternoon. Layoutshooter

cmaceri

Seasoned Expediter
I am leaning towards NOT limiting my truck to meet these laws. I feel that they are dangerous. Having said that I would still like more information. I know that it is a computer thing now. How much to do it and fix it back? Is there a "computer tool" to do it yourself? If so, how much and how hard is it to use? Is there a potential for computer problems if you continue to switch it back and forth? Layoutshooter

its still 65.25 miles ph

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
Yes, VERY disappointing turnout.
Guess we can't complain if we don't complain.
There turned out to be great media coverage, more media than protesters! How pathetic is THAT?

http://www.landlinemag.com/Special_Reports/2009/Mar09/030209_truckers_protest.htm

Quote from Jim Park of Landline magazine, as seen on the Facebook group:

wrote8 hours ago
You couldn't accuse the mainstream media of being overly kind in their coverage, but I was glad to see they avoided ridiculing us too. Despite Scott's admirable work in creating media interest in the event (there were more reporters there than truckers), the turnout was pathetic. That certainly casts doubt on the sincerity of the majority of the folk here on Facebook and elsewhere.

Ask a driver if he or she is in favor of speed limiters and you'll probably get a resounding no. But if I had to judge by yesterday's turnout, I'd presume that truckers just love the idea of driving governed trucks. I think it will be quite some time before anyone in the media or government takes a grassroots truckers' movement seriously.

Thanks to everyone who came out and froze along with the rest of us, and to all the no-shows ... thanks for making us look like fools.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Yes: when the Ohio Turnpike Commission raised the tolls for trucks a few years ago, trucks began running on SR 20 to avoid the pike. Many towns along 20 weren't happy about the additional truck traffic, and the Commission had to entice the trucks back by raising the speed limit for trucks, and reducing the tolls.
Not a formal protest, but it worked. We are not always powerless to change things, eh?

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
ran detroit to buffalo thru ontario yesterday. opp was out quite a bit early on then disappeared and a few trucks hammered down. strangely they were mostly canadien carriers. the 4 wheelers were hot on the pedal also. heard a radi ad stating that the rcmp is looking to hire on 2000 more bodies this year. must be opp back up?

me? i just motored on at 63 looking at the kansas/nebraska scenery.
it took 4evah to get to buffalo at 63. per google it was still about 2hrs faster than going thru mi, oh, pa and western ny.

fatboy1

Veteran Expediter
with all said and done i think everybody just needs to take the freight to the border and swap it like all ltl carriers does and like we use to do awhile back.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
ran detroit to buffalo thru ontario yesterday. opp was out quite a bit early on then disappeared and a few trucks hammered down. strangely they were mostly canadien carriers. the 4 wheelers were hot on the pedal also. heard a radi ad stating that the rcmp is looking to hire on 2000 more bodies this year. must be opp back up?

me? i just motored on at 63 looking at the kansas/nebraska scenery.
it took 4evah to get to buffalo at 63. per google it was still about 2hrs faster than going thru mi, oh, pa and western ny.

Why did you do 63 mph? besides fuel economy?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
When it comes to fuel economy:

63 will set you free!!

62 is really cool!!

57 is next to heaven!!

55 rocks and jives!!!

It seems that I have way to much time on my hands right now.

Layoutshooter

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Umm, cuz why risk a speeding ticket when you're in another country?

cuz you know and I know the OPP won't usually touch a 4 wheeler unless ya break 119kms....*LOL*

Joe it was funny too....;)

Last edited by a moderator: