Obama Snubs Nation's Heros

GracieB

Seasoned Expediter
I just went to the American Legion site and Mr. Craig Roberts is a media representative for the American Legion.
Interestingly, I tried various searches for ball, Salute the heros, heros, inaugaration, the only thing I got was the flag code and how important it is especially for inaugaration day.
No press release, no pictures.
Gee, I have only been a computer user since 1977 and an internet user since the early 80s (something about working for a military contractor...), so maybe I just don't know how to find facts.

Thank you, Turtle, for saying ever so gently, the words I cannot find to say with grace.
--GracieB

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Pilgrim:

When you quoted me where I said, "..as well as the fact that the president 4 years ago didn't go to it, either," and then proceeded to tell me that Bush, did in fact attend the American Legion Salute to Heroes Ball 4 years ago, you failed to realize that my quote was in a direct response to Chef's comments about the Red White and Blue Ball, NOT the American Legion Salute to Heores Ball. These are two different Balls we're talking about here.

Just because it happened 4 years ago doesn't mean the same thing happend this year.

The Red, White and Blue Ball was first held, for the very first time ever, 4 years ago in 2005. George Bush did NOT attend that Ball. It was then, as now, a fund rasier for veterans charities. It was held again this year, and Obama did not go to that Ball. Neither time was the Red, White and Blue Ball THE same thing as the American Legion sponsored Salute to Heroes Ball. And neither time did either president attend.

This year, in 2009, the American Legion did NOT sponsor a Salute to Heroes Ball of any kind. I can find nothing in the press nor on the Legion site that shows they sponsored any ball of any kind at all.

The American Legion has NOT sponsored a Salute to Heroes Ball every inauguration since 1953.

The first Commander In Chief Ball (and that's what it was called) was held in 1953 to honor Eisenhower and current and former members of the armed services. It was held at the National Guard Armory. The other ball, The Presidential Inaugural Ball, was held at Georgetown University. Eisenhower attended both balls, but skipped out on all other festivities. The American Legion was one of many sponsors of the event.

In 1957 the number of balls grew to four, with The Presidential Inaugural Ball and the Commander In Chief Ball being but of the two official balls. Earlier, in August, 1956, a joint Congressional resolution passed the Presidential Inauguration Ceremonies Act, and thus the Presidential Inauguration Committee was born.

In 1961 there were five official Balls, one of them, the Commander In Chief Ball, would become a fixture at all subsequent inaugurations. The American Legion again was one of many sponsors of the event.

In 1965, there were five Balls. President Johnson lef the dancing at the Presidential Inaugural Ball, where 28,000 people were in attendance. He made brief appearances of approximatedly 30 minutes each at the other four Balls, including the CinC Ball. I cannot find where any of the sponsors of the CinC Ball for that year are mentioned. There is no mention of the American Legion nor the VFW.

In 1969 at Nixon's Inauguration, there were six balls. After Nixon led the parade route as anti-war protesters hurled rocks and beer cans at the president's limousine, the 3,000 D.C. Police, 5,000 regular troops and 1,000 National Guardsmen kept the protests at bay. The Nixons attended all six balls, including a relatively small CinC Ball at the Armory. The American Legion did NOT sponsor the event. It was sponsored entirely by funds made available by the Arms Services Committee.

In 1973 there were five balls. Again the CinC Ball was sponsored by the taxpayers with money provided from the Armed Services budget. That was the last time that happened.

In 1977 Jimmy Carter introduce the "People's Inauguration" theme and all seven of the inaugural balls wer called "parties," and none were permitted to charge more than $25 to get in. The Carter's attende all six of the official "parties," including the CinC Party.

In 1981 there were nine official balls for Reagan's first inauguration, and as promised to pull the American people out of hard time, the events and the inauguration were over-the-top luxury rivaling an even for Euopean royalty, something that did not go uncriticized considering it was on the same day that the Iran Hostage Crisis ended. The Reagan's attended all nine balls, including the CinC Ball, which has as its primary sponsor the American Legion.

In 1985, after the opulence of the previous inauguration, festivities and balls were scaled back, having just seven balls. But it still cost more than $20 million, and the heat was on for that cold January day when the Oath of Office was taken indoors because it was so cold. Nancy's $46,000 dress was fodder for Doonsberry and everyone else for quite a while. Once again, the President and First Lady managed to hit all of the official balls, including the CinC, which was sponsored by corporate (mostly Hollywood) funds.

In 1989 there were nine balls for George Sr, all of which he attended for the "George to George" bicentenniel theme of the anniversay of the first presidential inauguration. No mention is made of who sponsored the CinC Ball that year, but the Bush's did make it to all of the official balls.

In 1993 there were eleven official balls. Clinton made brief apperances at all of them, but spent by far the most time at the Home State Ball for Arkansas, where he played sax with BB King for a good portion of the night. The CinC Ball was another elegant, but subdued affair.

In 1997 we had an all time record fourteen official inaugural balls and the Clinton's day ended the next morning at 4AM. They managed to hit all fourteen balls, including the CinC Ball, funded primarily by corporate donations.

In 2001 and again in 2005, the American Legion and other veterans organizations sponsored the Commander in Chief Ball with the "Salute to Heroes" theme, and used the sponsorship to honor veterans of Desert Shield and Desert Storm, among all of the other veterans, past and present. The term "Salute the Heroes" wasn't much a part of the American vocabulary until Desert Shield, and it was never used as a theme for any of the previous Commander in Chief Balls, ever.

But like I said, show me a link to a credible news organization, or a link to the American Legion Web site, where it talks about any of this. Or, PM me the full headers of that e-mail. :)

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Pilgrim:

When you quoted me where I said, "..as well as the fact that the president 4 years ago didn't go to it, either," and then proceeded to tell me that Bush, did in fact attend the American Legion Salute to Heroes Ball 4 years ago, you failed to realize that my quote was in a direct response to Chef's comments about the Red White and Blue Ball, NOT the American Legion Salute to Heores Ball. These are two different Balls we're talking about here.

I did realize that - the only ball I'm talking about is the Salute to Heroes Ball that until this year, has been attended by every newly inaugurated president since its inception. I couldn't give a rip about any of the other Inaugural Balls, their history, or who attended them. My bone to pick is with Obama's absence from this one.

But like I said, show me a link to a credible news organization, or a link to the American Legion Web site, where it talks about any of this. Or, PM me the full headers of that e-mail. :)

For what it's worth, here's the entire e-mail as cut/pasted from my Yahoo e-mail, with my personal info redacted. I'll say this for the third time: Contact him yourself - it's not that hard.

Yup, we're for real!
Thursday, January 22, 2009 5:03 PM

"Roberts, Craig R." <[email protected]>
Add sender to Contacts

To:
[email protected]

Good afternoon, Mr. xxxxxx,
In answer to your inquiry:
The American Legion, as it has on every inauguration evening since 1953, hosted the Salute to Heroes Inaugural Banquet & Ball on January 20th. The quadrennial event is co-sponsored with fourteen veterans service and military service organizations and honors recipients of the Medal of Honor. Forty-seven of these heroes attended this year’s event which was held in the Renaissance Washington DC Hotel.
President Obama was invited but did not attend. Vice-President Joe Biden did appear, however, and was very warmly received. The new President’s absence was understandable considering the unprecedented logistical challenges presented by the vastly increased number of visitors to this inauguration and the necessary attendant security measures. The American Legion, as an organization, does not feel offended or “snubbed.”
Thank you,
Craig
Craig Roberts
Media Relations Manager
The American Legion
1608 K Street, NW
Washington, DC 20006
202.263.2982 (direct)

I also sent him a reply this morning asking him to explain the lack of media coverage for their event. No reply as of 9:50AM EST.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
LOL, see i am not looking to balance anything, i am not about Sharing the anything, yes i have an agenda, ill post as much negative as i can, and nothing positive, not that i look forward to anything psoitive from him to begin with.

And the "you" bein ok whith him, was meant in general, not at you personally...

LOL, the fact still remains, HE didn't go!! I and I'll continue to post here and on more then a few sites anything that makes him look bad... I'll keep you busy checking for accuracy!! :D

turtle wrote:

LOL, if i were in charge of the secret service, id simply send his security detail home, for his entire term!! LOL, id assign them to protect the janitor at the white house before i'd have them protect osamaba...:D

lol and you think that bothers me..........lol

and no, i won't deliberately post a lie, i'll just not go out of my way to verify, ill leave that to you ....:D
The problem I have with your comment Chef is that if you won't take any time to verify what you post, then it just becomes nonsense that anyone can Google "Obama sucks". If you truly despise, hate the man, take the time to post accurate info. If not why would anyone open one of your posts on the subject? I don't mind reading negative things about Obama, but try to insure they are correct.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
i don't the MAN, i hate his policies and what they will do and what they have in 3 days already started. this thread is simply to show his character, which i can over look if he were good for the country( i voted for clinton both times , sorry, but i did )

as i said, i will not deliberately post what i know is not true, but i will not go out of my way to check everything i post either. If that creates a promble, then, id say, don't read my post.....

Last edited:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Ok, I just got off the phone with Mr. Craig Roberts the PR guy for the American Legion, and he made it clear anyone is more then welcome to call him, and he will send the SAME e-mail that he sent to Pilgram and to the Blog site that Pilgram used in his post, they are both real and from Mr. roberts. He is a very nice guy and laughed at all of the calls he has got and as I said if anyone provides a e-mail address, he will send and e-mail to you.

He also said that YES the AMERICAN LEGION did have it ANNUAL Salute the Heros ball as they have EVERY YEAR UN-interupted since it started. He will be happy to explain that there was a ball cancaelled a few yrs ago that people confuse with this ball, that promoter took off with the funds, but that was not the AM Legions ball.

This yrs Am Legion Salute the Heros ball was Held at the "Renaissance Washington, DC Hotel" it was held the day AFTER a Ball that was held there by a Group from Ill.

President, did NOT go to this ball, marking the 1st time in 14 continuious inaugurations since 1953 that the President did not attend this ball.

NOW, I will say that I confused the American Legions Ball with the Red White and Blue Hero's Ball, that was MY DOING, they are 2 different balls, and the President did not attend that ball either. This was also cleared up for me when I asked Mr. Roberts, so, again that was may mistake, sorry...

So While Mr. Roberts did offer to e-mail me a letter, i told him i didn't need it. If any of you would like to take the time to call him, again, the # is a direct line, it rings to his office and ME answers it, no one else, he will be happy to talk to you and or e-mail you a confirmation that yes the American Legion Did have their Hero's Ball...but please don't be lieve me or Pilgram, simply make the call for yourselves.

Now I am on my way to omaha neb. Bye!!:D

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
"I did realize that - the only ball I'm talking about is the Salute to Heroes Ball that until this year, has been attended by every newly inaugurated president since its inception."

Unless it was part of a theme for an Official Ball, like the Commander in Chief Ball, then no president has ever been to it, as no president has ever attended an unofficial Ball.

"I couldn't give a rip about any of the other Inaugural Balls, their history, or who attended them."

The reason you should, in fact, give a flip as to the other Balls and who attended them is that in the history of presidential inaugurations, at least since the inception of the Presidential Inauguration Committee (prior to that there was never any more than one Ball), no president has ever gone to a Ball that wasn't on the Official List.

"My bone to pick is with Obama's absence from this one."

The bone you have to pick is your own.

The Washington Post and the Washingtonian both has extensive coverage of all of the Balls and various events for that day. They also make available a fairly comprehensive list of the events compiled by Qorvos Communications Events List and neither the Washington Post nor the compiled list of events show anything at the Renaissance Washington Hotel, except for a misleading mention of the Illinois Society Ball that was held there on the 19th, the night before the Inauguration (the Illinois Home States Ball was held at the Convention Center onthe 20th). US News and World Report also has an extensive list. Master Inaugural Events Schedule

There is no mention of any event at the Renaissance Washington on the 20th in any news report I could find. The only Renaissance-anything Hotel that had any reported event that night was the Mayflower, which hosted the Out for Equality Ball, where I'm sure all had a very gay time.
There is no mention of the American Legion being even remotely connected to any Inaugural Ball that I can find. That's not to say they didn't sponsor one, or something, but if they did it must not have been a very big event. Certainly not big enough for any of the major balls, nor any of the minor balls and events that are mentioned at many news sources and entertainment events schedules, nor at any of the ticket outlets where major and minor events were sold. Maybe it was just a dinner banquet.

So whatever the American Legion did in Washington, D.C. on Inauguration Day, it was awfully low key and a virtual secret. But regardless, no President has ever attended an unofficial inaugural ball. So even if every single bit of all this mess were true, he still wouldn't have shown up, nor should anyone have expected him to.

Still, not one word on the American Legion site about any even they sponsored.
Stars and Stripes reports that Medal of Honor recipients were invited to the CinC Ball and their website has pictures up of Obama posing with the recipients at that event.

We know the Medal of Honor itinerary that day. It was on the Medal of Honor Web site, as well as published in the press. All of the items on the itenerary were well covered by the press. Obama’s Inauguration Committee honored them with 40 seats immediately below Obama’s podium. They then had a lunch hosted by DOD Secretary Gates. That evening, they went to the Commander in Chief Ball and were interviewed by Stars and Stripes and photographed with Obama.

There is no mention anywhere about any Medal of Honor recipients being invited to any Ball other than the Commander in Chief Ball.

So I dunno. If there was an American Legion event in Inauguration Day, it certainly wasn't the same type of event that every president since its inception has been to, and there should be no reason to even consider this one not being there as a snub.

Incidentally, the entire e-mail you posted was merely the contents, not the full headers. It's the full headers that will tell the tale. Yahoo may hide them, but you should be able to call them up. The full RFC headers contain server and message ID's, routing and checksums (for error correction and to indicate editing in the headers themselves), as well as certain specific headers that are required for an e-mail to travel across the Net.

If you want to send them to me that's fine, and if you don't, that's fine, too. I would not recommend posting them in public, in any case.

A lot of people are all bent out of shape and frothy over lies, misrepresentations and unsubstantiated charged. What you should be all bent out of shape about is some goober using the name of the Congressional Medal of Honor to push lies and propaganda. The American Legion should be concerned enough to report their event on their Web site to clear up any misunderstandings, as well, as they aren't coming off looking real good, either.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
"I did realize that - the only ball I'm talking about is the Salute to Heroes Ball that until this year, has been attended by every newly inaugurated president since its inception."

Unless it was part of a theme for an Official Ball, like the Commander in Chief Ball, then no president has ever been to it, as no president has ever attended an unofficial Ball.

Look at the picture in my previous post - pictures are easy to understand. Then read the article from the Air Force publication.

The bone you have to pick is your own.

Duh - no kidding!

There is no mention of any event at the Renaissance Washington on the 20th in any news report I could find. The only Renaissance-anything Hotel that had any reported event that night was the Mayflower, which hosted the Out for Equality Ball, where I'm sure all had a very gay time.

I called the Renaissance Hotel at 999 Ninth St - ph. #202.898.9000. Spoke with some guy named Chad in their Events Dept. He was a little flaky but very accomodating, and confirmed that the American Legion hosted a ball the evening of the 20th saluting the Medal of Honor winners and that there was dinner, dancing, etc.

There is no mention of the American Legion being even remotely connected to any Inaugural Ball that I can find. That's not to say they didn't sponsor one, or something, but if they did it must not have been a very big event. Certainly not big enough for any of the major balls, nor any of the minor balls and events that are mentioned at many news sources and entertainment events schedules, nor at any of the ticket outlets where major and minor events were sold. Maybe it was just a dinner banquet.

Likewise, I can't find anything anywhere on the web to substantiate this event. Maybe they purposely kept it low-key for security reasons and to keep out the riff-raff. No doubt it was invitation only.

Incidentally, the entire e-mail you posted was merely the contents, not the full headers. It's the full headers that will tell the tale. Yahoo may hide them, but you should be able to call them up. The full RFC headers contain server and message ID's, routing and checksums (for error correction and to indicate editing in the headers themselves), as well as certain specific headers that are required for an e-mail to travel across the Net.

Yes, Yahoo does offer an option to show or hide the headers - and no, I'm not going to send them to any public forum.

A lot of people are all bent out of shape and frothy over lies, misrepresentations and unsubstantiated charged. What you should be all bent out of shape about is some goober using the name of the Congressional Medal of Honor to push lies and propaganda. The American Legion should be concerned enough to report their event on their Web site to clear up any misunderstandings, as well, as they aren't coming off looking real good, either.

Maybe if the American Legion gets enough calls and e-mails they'll put something on their website - I'm still waiting for a response from Craig Roberts regarding their lack of publicity for this deal, but I'm not holding my breath. By now, all of us have seen Chef's post regarding his conversation with Roberts. I've confirmed the event from two different sources, and I'm satisfied it happened and that things went down as previously stated. Evidently, events can occur and people can exist without being visible on Google. Bottom line is - I didn't make this stuff up and I didn't fabricate the American Legion e- mails from Craig Roberts. You and your fan club can believe what you choose.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Ask Craig how many of the previous Salute to Heroes Balls were on the official ball list of the Committee, and why wasn't this one?

No President has ever attended an unofficial Inaugural Ball.

Scott101

Seasoned Expediter
Good thread guys, thanks for your participation. I'm getting a kick out of it!

I agree with Turtle that just because it's on the internet doesn't mean its true. But isn't the opposite also true? "Just because it is NOT on the internet doesn't mean it did NOT happen!"

The Ball must have been somewhat official considering Biden was there...

Turtle it sounds like you could just email the guy. He said he would reply to questions and then you would have all the headers you want.

COrider

Seasoned Expediter
I was there.

I attended the Heroes Red White and Blue Inaugural Ball at the Warner Theater. This was a nice tribute to our military.

However, it was sparsely attended and many of the scheduled performers did not show.

See: War Vets Honored At Military Ball - THINK MTV "Scheduled performers Jamie Foxx, Nas, Josh Groban and Tiki Barber ultimately did not appear, putting ball sponsors USO, TAPS and Citizens Helping Heroes in a difficult position.

Obama went to the Commander and Chief Ball.

The Heroes Ball was more of a concert at the Warner Theater than a ball. There was no dancing. There were Medal of Honor winners there as well as lots of grateful active military personnel and supporters like me.

I just posted a video on YouTube of the grand finale which includes a major snub to George Bush. YouTube - inaugural ball

Even thought I would have love to have seen him, President Obama had no business being at this ball.

ball.jpg

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Good thread guys, thanks for your participation. I'm getting a kick out of it!

Me, to, but I'm just about done.

"Just because it is NOT on the internet doesn't mean it did NOT happen!"
True, not everything that happens finds its way onto the Internet. It's rare, though, that an event of such importance and tradition as this would escape having even a tiny blurb in Start and Stripes and other military news outlets, a note on the American Legion Events Calender at their Web Site, much less even an honorable mention at the Medal of Honor Web site. But stranger things have happened.

I do know that the Veterans Inaugural Committee, comprised of 14 Congressionally chartered veterans organizations, the American Legion among them, had planned their regular Veterans Inaugural Ball to honor the Medal of Honor recipients, but was canceled the day before the inauguration (according to the Army Times, the Navy Times, Stars and Strips, Fox News, The Washington Post, several others), because the event organizer could not fulfill his financial obligations. To fill the void that was to have taken place at the St Regis Hotel in Washington, a hastily put together dinner banquet was held at the Renaissance Washington Hotel.

The Ball must have been somewhat official considering Biden was there...
Yeah, but you'd think that the Dover Post, which chronicled nearly every minute of Biden's special day, would have had at least a footnote about it, though.

And you'd think that Jack Jacobs, Congressional Medal of Honor recipient, and MSNBC Military Analyst and show host, who blasted Obama in the air the day before the Inauguration because he wasn't scheduled to appear at the Veterans Inaugural Ball, would have had something to say on the day after the Inauguration about Biden being there.

But, yeah, I know, that doesn't mean he wasn't there.

Turtle it sounds like you could just email the guy. He said he would reply to questions and then you would have all the headers you want.
It's not his headers I want. :rolleyes:

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Here's my last posting on this thread: from the George Washington University website, a article detailing the nine official inaugural balls of 2005 attended by Bush plus the one he started the night with: the Salute to Heroes Ball. The guy was a true supporter of our troops.

Inauguration

ainaugraphic.gif
P2wh1.JPG

ballff.jpg
DEMOCRACY IN ACTION photo.
[SIZE=-1]President and Mrs. Bush made the rounds at nine official inaugural balls including the Independence Ball. Bush began the evening with a stop at the American Legion's [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]"Salute to Heroes" inaugural ball, bringing the number to ten. [More Photos][/SIZE]​

Inaugural Balls

Thursday January 20, 2005 7:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m.

gown2005.jpg

Source: The White House
Mrs. Laura Bush's Attire for the Inaugural Balls-Oscar de la Renta Evening Gown
"Ice blue satin coat and silver and blue embroidered tulle long evening gown."

Constitution Ball
Washington Hilton
Arkansas, American Samoa, Connecticut, Georgia, Guam,
Indiana, Maine, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, Nevada, New
Mexico, Oklahoma, Oregon, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, West
Virginia and Wisconsin.
Doug Sorensen Orchestra
High Society Band
Tuxedo Junction
12-piece big band
10-piece big band
6-piece jazz ensemble​

Freedom Ball
Union Station
Alaska, Alabama, Illinois, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan and
Diplomatic Corps.

The Gene Donnati
Casablanca
Larry Scott
16-piece big band
10-piece big band​

Independence Ball
Convention Center, Hall A
Colorado, Delaware, District of Columbia,
Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, Missouri, Nebraska,
New Hampshire, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Vermont, Virginia and
Washington.

The Guy Lombardo Orchestra​

Funkiphino

The Wonders
15-piece big band
10-piece variety band
7-piece variety band​

Texas/Wyoming Ball
Convention Center, Hall B

Tyrone Super-T​

Tommy Dorsey Orchestra

Beatlemania Live
Dance Express
Musical performance
17-piece orchestra
4-person cover band
14-piece variety band​

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-2]Liberty Ball[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-2]Convention Center, Hall C[/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=-2]Florida[/SIZE]​

The Marty Conns​

Escapade

M. Andrews Swingehead
Orchestra
Variety Band
9-piece variety​

Democracy Ball
Convention Center, Hall D
Arizona, California, Kentucky, North Carolina,
North Dakota, South Dakota, Tennessee and Utah

Ben Stein​

Kaleidoscope

Sidney's Orchestra
Emcee/comedian
Singer (America the Beautiful)
Musical performance​

[SIZE=-2]Patriot Ball[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2]Convention Center, Hall E[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2]Ohio[/SIZE]

Dennis Samsa Orchestra​

Fabulous Fantoms

Orchestra
Variety Band​

Stars & Stripes Ball
Convention Center, Ballroom ABC
New Jersey, New York and
Pennsylvania.

The Pat Dorn Orchestra​

Colors

Doppleganger
Orchestra
Variety Band
Variety Band​

Commander-in-Chief Ball
National Building Museum
"a special celebration for active troops and their families, focusing on those who have recently returned from Iraq and Afghanistan or will be soon deployed there."
-free of charge to invited men and women of the armed forces and their families.-

Ken Arlen's Band 21​

Will Gravitt Band

Variety Band
Orchestra​

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Obama Snubs Bronchial Asthmatics, Becomes the First President to Skip Ball Honoring Medical of Honor Recipients in Over 50 Years | Cleveland Bleeder

Obama Snubs Bronchial Asthmatics, Becomes the First President to Skip Ball Honoring Medical of Honor Recipients in Over 50 Years
Submitted by Julie on January 21, 2009 - 10:13pm. Elections Elections 2008 News Politics U.S. Government U.S. Politics World Politics

Barack Obama may have stumbled over his words briefly during his inauguration, but he made an even bigger blunder later Tuesday evening. The newly sworn-in President opted not to appear at what should have been one of the most important Balls on his agenda that evening - The Salute to Bronchial Asthmatics Inaugural Ball. By skipping this Ball, the President thumbed his nose and flicked a symbolic booger towards all Americans suffering from bronchial asthma.

Little Zoey Grimm from Iowa, an asthma sufferer who can barely walk past a burning trash dump without wheezing said: "This homey dissed us tonight!"

Zoey's mother, Judith Birkenstock-Grimm was disappointed in the President's snub. "I brought my daughter here to witness history and to share the love that is pouring forth from America's political and spiritual epicenter." "Then this male chauvinist, homophobic pig skips us for the Red and White Sycle Cell Anemia Ball! He's no longer MY president!"

Al Buterol, defacto leader of the Anarchist Bronchial Asthmatics of America while pointing to a cylindrical object mockingly said: "Puff on this Mr. Prez."

President Obama also passed on the Expediter's Extravaganza Inaugural Ball. Presidential aid Sonny Pruitt said: "We had no idea this segment of the trucking industry even existed. Do the Teamsters know about these expediters?"

Lawrence McElmo, promotions director for the Expediter's Extravaganza Inaugural Ball responded to the snub: "It's a good thing the President skipped us this year. I have my hands full with 40 drunk Canucks in the swimming pool shouting Free Nafeesa Syeed."

Other Balls passed over by President Obama were the Pro Life Pro Ball Pro Bowl and the "toga themed" Tripple K Inaugural Ball and Bonfire.

I believe the above reprinted blog to be factual. I found it on the internet and Al Gore told me this is so.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
To ball or not to ball..dat be da question....

dank yu Mr Moot...for da honourable mention

Now outta da pool and a vicked hang over!
from Nafeesa Syeed:D

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Yea he also didn't come to the ball at the Moose hall down the road from my country house......something about people cling to guns and bibles and not agreeing with him on funding abortion and weaking or intelligence gathering... i don't know, we all were just praying over our ammo before we used the range out back..............:D

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
shesh...4 pages of crap about some obsolete ball..guess some ones keeping thier eye on the ball.....we have too much time on our hands!! We need LOADS!!!:rolleyes: