Obama lied?

EASYTRADER

Expert Expediter
i was just on ehealthinsurance.com and most companies are still offering high deductable plans. I'm 40 and a family 7500 dedctable plan with 0 copays is 203 bucks a month

It could be your company is just dropping your plan for other reasons and using Obamacare as an excuse.

Personally I think the quickest way to et health care costs under control would be to OUTLAW health insurance and make it a cash and carry business like it used to be before FDR started medling

EASYTRADER

Expert Expediter
One other thin.g Health insurance is free in a FEMA concentration camp

Sent from my SPH-D700 using EO Forums mobile app

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
i was just on ehealthinsurance.com and most companies are still offering high deductable plans. I'm 40 and a family 7500 dedctable plan with 0 copays is 203 bucks a month

It could be your company is just dropping your plan for other reasons and using Obamacare as an excuse.

Personally I think the quickest way to et health care costs under control would be to OUTLAW health insurance and make it a cash and carry business like it used to be before FDR started medling

Obamacare sets limits on deductibles so those prices will go up.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

According to BCBS of Michigan those plans will go away by Nov. 30, 2013, due to Obama Care. Could it be they are not being as honest as they should be? Nothing would surprise me. We were told, however back when the law was first past, that our plan would be taken from us.

I agree, outlaw insurance and prices would plummet. The standard of care would likely rise as well. Under the current plan the opposite is going to happen. Government controls do not work.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yeah, talk to us when you are 55, 60 and want health insurance. See what the monthly is then.

You got that right. That holds true even if you have always had insurance, as we have.

We have never had a lapse in coverage since we first go it in 1973. Way to go Obama! Sorry cull dog that you are. :mad:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
This is basically another redistribution of money. If the goal was to reduce premiums and increase coverage, they would have it set up to purchase across state lines. It was clearly left out because it is a problem if you went to single payer system.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You might look into "medi-share" its basically a high deductable plan but its wrapped in religious mumbo jumbo so it is obama care exempt.

I looked into that for myself. It seemed alright at first glance. But after reading further into all the things it didn't cover or had limitations on, it left my head spinning. I didn't feel it was a good choice for myself.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
"This is basically another redistribution of money."

You forgot that, along with redistribution, it is about control and making people dependent. Dependent people are easily controlled.

bill98

Seasoned Expediter
DO NOT GO TO A INSURANCE site directly after Oct ! you go to https://www.healthcare.gov/ the go to your state through it if you state bother to set one up if not you will be sent to the fed insurance marketplace for you to compare plans from all companies there will be bronze silver gold and Platinum plans

If you are like me you will want silver because depending on income the fed WILL PAY pat of the premium directly to the insurance company and will reimburse you on some of the deductible in tax CREDITS

The web sight does not go live till OCT 1 the plans do not start till Jan 1

If you live in a Red state that don't give **** about there people you will most likely use the fed exchange because you state has been to busy trying to derail the program than take care of its people every thing will be there just like you are buying a ticket on Travelocity and all the airlines show up this time all the plans for health care will show up a lot of the red states REFUSED the money to educate there people but would rather spend 1.4 mil every time they try to vote it out lets see 40 times to date and now they are threatening to shout down the government

LETS THROUGH ALL REPUBLICAN'S AND TEA PARTY OUT
I HOPE THIS HELPY PEOPLE

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
"If you are like me you will want silver because depending on income the fed WILL PAY pat of the premium directly to the insurance company and will reimburse you on some of the deductible in tax CREDITS "

This is exactly what we are talking about. Federal monies, which are taken from someone else to be given to another is just Marxist redistribution of wealth, other wise known as welfare. I only use what I earn. I will pay for it on my own or I won't buy it. What makes is worse is they are cutting my disposable income, to pay for others needs, making it far more difficult to pay for my own responsibilities. Earn it or do without.

The fact still remains that Obama lied. He said, on many occasions that if we liked what we have we could keep it. That was a lie, I like what we have and the government has outlawed it. He can kiss my grits.

As more people become takers there will be fewer and fewer makers to cover the costs. It is only a matter of time until in collapses. It is just another Ponzi scheme, just like Social Security and Madoff.

Any system that displaces personal responsibility with hand outs is inhernantly bad.

Health care is not a government responsibility, it is an individual responsiblity. It should remain so. Government it the primary reason it cost so much now and it will continue to drive the cost higher.

Last edited:

EASYTRADER

Expert Expediter
Layout,
Unless my monthly premium turns out less than the fine, then in Oct. I'll be joining the ranks of the Uninsured. I have carried a personal PPO Plan since I got out of the Navy, my first premium was 25 a month, I currently pay 183 with a 10k family deductable. Health insurane has always been afforable for me till now. Oh well, If I get sick I'll join a GOLD plan.

HSA Plans were the only decent thing GW Bush did as Pres. But sadly only 13 million people in a country of 320 million were responsible enough to use them.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
But, but, but, with Obamacare, there are more people in the insurance pool, therefor everyone's premiums will be less.

That's what they said.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I will make sure I am in a red state if I have to move to do it.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Layout,
Unless my monthly premium turns out less than the fine, then in Oct. I'll be joining the ranks of the Uninsured. I have carried a personal PPO Plan since I got out of the Navy, my first premium was 25 a month, I currently pay 183 with a 10k family deductable. Health insurane has always been afforable for me till now. Oh well, If I get sick I'll join a GOLD plan.

HSA Plans were the only decent thing GW Bush did as Pres. But sadly only 13 million people in a country of 320 million were responsible enough to use them.

It really does not matter how many took advantage of HSA plans, they work, they are inexpensive and we were told that we could keep what ever plan we had. He lied.

It is a rather curios idea, this Marxist medical plan. Johnny cannot afford health insurance, Jimmy can. Instead of solving the problem of why insurance has become too expensive and coming up with a solution for Johnny they raise the cost of Jimmies so now Jimmy cannot afford it either. Then they call it the "Affordable Health Care Act". Makes sense to me??????????????? :confused:

runrunner

Veteran Expediter
Subsidy = welfare. MORE Marxist swill. :mad:

I think that IF I have to make cuts to cover health insurance the FIRST cuts should be to what I pay in federal income tax. That would only be fair, and we ALL want fair.

If I'm not mistaken,those subsidies will be in the form of a Tax Credit.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If I'm not mistaken,those subsidies will be in the form of a Tax Credit.

Show me where is says that. What about the hoards who pay no taxes? How are they going to receive their subsidy?

Besides, tax "credits" are one of the primary reasons the HSA based plans are being outlawed. The Marxists did not like us using pre-tax dollars to pay for our plans. They also did not want us using pre-tax dollars to fund the HSA portion and they do not like the control those kinds of plans allow the People to have over how their health care dollars are spent. They believe that THEY should control how our money is spent.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Don;t worry about LOS....he can't take a subsidy or any kind of tax credit.....

I won't go on the dole. Keeping my own money and using it as I see fit it not a "tax credit" it is just being allow to keep what is rightfully mine in the first place. There is no "government entitlement" to other's private property. There is no entitlement for other's to "share" the private property of those who EARNED it.

Why is it that because I choose to be responsible and pay my own way through life that it should be a subject of ridicule? It would seem to me that personal responsibility should be ENCOURAGED and living off of other's earning should be DISCOURAGED. Unless there are overriding health problems, physical or mental, one should be ashamed if they are on the dole. It means you have failed as an adult. I can understand a week or two here and there when life smacks you but a lifetime on the dole? This Obama Care crap encourages people to not excel, as all Marxist programs do. It expands the "dependent class", which is one of their two main goals for the AFC. Total control of the People is the other,

None of you smart buttin' changes the fact that Obama said we could keep the plans that we have it we wanted too and the truth is that we cannot. He lied. Facts are facts. It is not an opinion.

Last edited: